or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1042

post #15616 of 21969
Doesn't look like selvedge to me
post #15617 of 21969
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Gentlemen, please look at this for me.  Is this selvedge?  Originally they auction showed no shots of the seam, then I asked the seller to add some and he put in those last 2 pics.  It's just not what I'm used to seeing, and I've been hunting for some good blue selvedge, so I have it on my ebay feed.  Tons of stuff comes up that is not even close to slevedge, so I'm wary.  

 

It seems like a decent price if the self edge is just folded weird in the pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251317266567&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

 

Thanks,

TX

 

 

They are selvedge...its just that the selvedge edges are folded together from what I can see

post #15618 of 21969
They're selvedge.. and they're spectacular. foo.gif
post #15619 of 21969
Any chance the striped serape western shirt will get another price drop?
post #15620 of 21969
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

They're selvedge.. and they're spectacular. foo.gif

...and they're gone.  I wasn't actually in the market, I hope someone here got a good deal.  I thought the selvedge might have been folded over too, but I thought it tended to be stitched in such a way so that they always faced out.

post #15621 of 21969
Yeah they fold over the selvedge seam on things like overalls. Ive seen it on other bottoms as well, like the linen selvedge chambray trousers.

They were definitely a steal at 80% off..
post #15622 of 21969

That's good to know for the future.

post #15623 of 21969
Unintentional double lake wash

null_zps239f5421.jpg
post #15624 of 21969

Is that a denim RRL wallet laying atop your jeans?

post #15625 of 21969
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

Any chance the striped serape western shirt will get another price drop?

These are the last price drops.
post #15626 of 21969

Does anyone know if the leather rucksacks will ever go on sale?

I would love to own one I just don't have the money

post #15627 of 21969
Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

Unintentional double lake wash

null_zps239f5421.jpg

Dope!
post #15628 of 21969
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post

Does anyone know if the leather rucksacks will ever go on sale?
I would love to own one I just don't have the money

The rucksack is, what, a 1000 bucks on the site.

There's one on ebay for just shy of 1000 bucks, which amazes me since he offers no incentive to buy it. Why buy from him for nearly 1000 when I can buy from them for $995 and get the added benefit of being on future online exclusive invites?

But if this reseller happened to buy that bag for relatively quite cheap, say $200, giving him an obscenely low-ball offer (relative to his asking price) is not too bad at all relative to what he's into to it for.

So, offer the guy $500. He might still be making good money and you would likely never get that bag on sale for 50%. Even $600 would be good for him and a steep 40% off retail. So, go ahead and low-ball the guy. You never know.
post #15629 of 21969
Quote:
Originally Posted by somatoform View Post


The rucksack is, what, a 1000 bucks on the site.

There's one on ebay for just shy of 1000 bucks, which amazes me since he offers no incentive to buy it. Why buy from him for nearly 1000 when I can buy from them for $995 and get the added benefit of being on future online exclusive invites?

But if this reseller happened to buy that bag for relatively quite cheap, say $200, giving him an obscenely low-ball offer (relative to his asking price) is not too bad at all relative to what he's into to it for.

So, offer the guy $500. He might still be making good money and you would likely never get that bag on sale for 50%. Even $600 would be good for him and a steep 40% off retail. So, go ahead and low-ball the guy. You never know.

 

Might you be the seller?  ;)

Ya, maybe I will.

Didn't know if something like that would ever go on sale on the actual site.

post #15630 of 21969
Is there an active bizrate coupon at the moment? If so then you could buy from Ralph for 10% off. Otherwise the advise given by somatoform is decent.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread