or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1035

post #15511 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

You misunderstood, I wash them every few months or so. I think the problem is I've been washing them in Cold this whole time.

what kind of detergent are you using?
post #15512 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

what kind of detergent are you using?

run of the mill Downey (non fragrance, etc.)
post #15513 of 21980
downey doesn't make detergent, there's your problem right there
post #15514 of 21980
Lol
post #15515 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

downey doesn't make detergent, there's your problem right there

lol. Then my answer is "All". I honestly don't recall the brand. It could be tide for all I remember,
post #15516 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Not really feeling any of those leather jackets for some reason. Think that's probably just me though. Based on the items I've seen in store, this is definitely my favourite shirt so far. Will probably pick it up in a week or two.


I'm not sure I fully understand this point of view. What difference should it make whether something is made in the USA, made in the UK, made in China, etc? I'm pretty sure RL will have the same quality control in place in China as they do elsewhere. Their reputation is worth too much to suddenly start releasing sub quality product.

Its not really an issue to me what country its made in, its that the quality is lesser. Ive seen some of the stuff (wallets, passport book) in person and they feel lighter and cheaper. They dropped the price points too to reflect the cheaply made aspect of it
post #15517 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Its not really an issue to me what country its made in, its that the quality is lesser. Ive seen some of the stuff (wallets, passport book) in person and they feel lighter and cheaper. They dropped the price points too to reflect the cheaply made aspect of it

Ah, thats fair enough. Seems strange that they're willing to reduce the quality but at least the price reflects this. I think the quality of RRL is one of the things we all like about the brand. Do you know if it's just them introducing a cheaper option and they'll still do some of the higher end items?

Have to say, I'm really happy with the wallet I picked up last year. It's coming in to a really nice colour now.
post #15518 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

You misunderstood, I wash them every few months or so. I think the problem is I've been washing them in Cold this whole time.

I'm not sure I misunderstood. I mean, I like fades as much as the next guy but I've never let my jeans get the the point of "eternal stench". I reckon if you're dancing and sweating in them a lot then more regular wash regimen might be appropriate.

Also, hot wash with proper detergent.
post #15519 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Its not really an issue to me what country its made in, its that the quality is lesser. Ive seen some of the stuff (wallets, passport book) in person and they feel lighter and cheaper. They dropped the price points too to reflect the cheaply made aspect of it

I agree, a basic understanding of global commodity chain production and a passing familiarity with local conditions around China makes the argument against Chinese-made goods pointless. Not to say that will ever hinder people posting in this thread from their almost seasonal China bashing.

That said, I find the lowest quality RRL stuff I've owned (weird patterns, uneven stitching, poor construction) almost always has a 'Made in Sri Lanka' tag.
post #15520 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Rrl has made a lot of sacrifices in recent years in their quest to become a large, mainstream clothing line.

The prestige that goes along with being made in italy can justify the price of a $2k jacket or $450 wallet. It is not a quality issue.

I would not buy a Maserati or Ferrari if they were made in Morocco...

Maybe not. But a shirt and a sportscar have somewhat different amounts of complexity and precision engineering, right? Sorry, I'm not an expert on cars.
post #15521 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I'm not sure I misunderstood. I mean, I like fades as much as the next guy but I've never let my jeans get the the point of "eternal stench". I reckon if you're dancing and sweating in them a lot then more regular wash regimen might be appropriate.

Also, hot wash with proper detergent.

Duly noted. I currently use Tide non-dye, non-fragrance. Is there a more appropriate detergent for selvedge?
post #15522 of 21980
Volkswagens are engineered in Germany and many are made/constructed in Mexico. Its a cost saving measure but not quality issue. The car will have the same construction regardless where it is made as long as quality control standards exist. Much like RRL is engineered/designed in the USA and constructed elsewhere.

If new RRL wallets are cheaper in material/construction, it isnt because they come from China, its because RL wants to design them that way to offer them for a lower price as well as make them more accessible to the avg. Joe.

Everything RL does is to increase profit at the cost of quality, for things they deem the average consumer will not notice or scrutinize. The collections as a whole are very vast and still top notch.
post #15523 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

Duly noted. I currently use Tide non-dye, non-fragrance. Is there a more appropriate detergent for selvedge?

Not that I'm aware of. Basically you just have to take the plunge and wash them so they don't stink. After all, they aren't meant to last forever right...
post #15524 of 21980

Dude it's not rocket science, just put it on hot wash with pretty much any detergent and a tiny cap full of bleach (make sure to mix the bleach into the water and letting the water fill up before dropping in the jeans) a bit of bleach will not hurt anything when diluted this much but will definitely take out any smells.

 

I hand wash some of my rare raw jeans, sometimes I let them soak with detergent overnight in a batch of boiling water (I don't boil them overnight, but the water I use is initially boiled) to give them a better appearance and cleansing. 

 

After washing them afterwards sun dry them.

post #15525 of 21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Dude it's not rocket science, just put it on hot wash with pretty much any detergent and a tiny cap full of bleach (make sure to mix the bleach into the water and letting the water fill up before dropping in the jeans) a bit of bleach will not hurt anything when diluted this much but will definitely take out any smells.

I hand wash some of my rare raw jeans, sometimes I let them soak with detergent overnight in a batch of boiling water (I don't boil them overnight, but the water I use is initially boiled) to give them a better appearance and cleansing. 

After washing them afterwards sun dry them.
This has worked for my raw straight legs, I've soaked them in warm water with detergent for an hour... Had them for 2 years now, no complaints
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread