Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1031post #15451 of 266407/16/13 at 7:17pmpost #15452 of 266407/16/13 at 11:18pmThere are some great deals on both the US and UK sites at the moment. On the UK side they have the regulation chinos in Olive at half price for some reason. Thought they were a stock item and I paid full price for a pair in store a couple of weeks back. Really loving the looser fit on them though.
Also noticed that they seem to be selling off Slim Fit rigid denim with a 32 inch inseam for some reason. The 34s are still full price but the 32s are down to £135. Had to double check at first as I thought it may have been the new slim straight in cone but I'm fairly certain it's the standard slim fit as it states that's it's made in the USA of imported fabrics.post #15453 of 266407/17/13 at 6:56ampost #15454 of 266407/17/13 at 6:22pmpost #15455 of 266407/18/13 at 5:50pmpost #15456 of 266407/18/13 at 6:58pmpost #15457 of 266407/18/13 at 9:15pmpost #15458 of 266407/18/13 at 11:48pmQuote:You definitely have to size down but I thought that was for every fit from RRL right? I size down two sizes on straight leg. Once sized down they are slimmer than 501's.Originally Posted by somatoformQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Kensington
I think they fit great. I've found 501's to be too baggy all over. RRL straight legs are fairly narrow in my opinion. I prefer the slim fits but the straight legs are great too. Slim fits don't have too low of a rise. I actually found the rise better than the J Crew "484" chinos I have which have a ridiculously low rise.
As previously stated, and unless they've changed sizing, the 501 is significantly smaller than a RRL straight in the same size, in a 36 at least. The 501 has a lower rise, more taper and less thigh room. I need to get a 34 RRL straight, and I'm pretty certain they'll fit no problem. A 34 501, OTOH, would barely get over my ass. I would say that for a RRL straight in the same fit, buy one size down from your 501 size. That should be close enough. Obviously, I can't generalize across all sizes, AND my RRL straight are the old arcuates.post #15459 of 266407/19/13 at 12:52pmQuote:
There is a flip side to that coin. It could also help buyers ascertain how much interest is in an item which might give them a little more leverage when trying negotiate a price with with little to no interest.
Edited by rrlgambler - 7/19/13 at 1:17pmpost #15460 of 266407/19/13 at 8:47pmpost #15461 of 266407/19/13 at 9:21pmpost #15462 of 266407/19/13 at 9:30pmpost #15463 of 266407/19/13 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by brianohQuote:
What would you say RRL's quality is on par with then? Debating whether to cop a pair of their skinny chinos or just go with Unis.Quote:
I mean, based on these two posts alone, and common sense, quality is obviously slightly subjective.
Price for RRL items is less about quality of construction for me than quality of details. You simply don't see the attention to detail with a lot of the RRL stuff elsewhere (makes sense, given it's Ralph Lauren's baby).
That said, fit still trumps all, so great construction and details doesn't mean a thing if the fit isn't good (still default to RL polos because they fit me so well even with potentially better quality options).
Haven't owned any Unis pieces, but in my experience W+H quality is prob in the same ballpark as RRL stuff, just not as interesting in most cases.
It's all a trade off between fit, construction, details, and cost; just a matter of deciding what you care most about.post #15464 of 266407/20/13 at 3:02ampost #15465 of 266407/20/13 at 8:58am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1033 Active Users (161 Members and 872 Guests)
- › Chelsea Boot Advice 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 17 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding