Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1031post #15451 of 237257/16/13 at 7:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15452 of 237257/16/13 at 11:18pmThere are some great deals on both the US and UK sites at the moment. On the UK side they have the regulation chinos in Olive at half price for some reason. Thought they were a stock item and I paid full price for a pair in store a couple of weeks back. Really loving the looser fit on them though.
Also noticed that they seem to be selling off Slim Fit rigid denim with a 32 inch inseam for some reason. The 34s are still full price but the 32s are down to £135. Had to double check at first as I thought it may have been the new slim straight in cone but I'm fairly certain it's the standard slim fit as it states that's it's made in the USA of imported fabrics.post #15453 of 237257/17/13 at 6:56ampost #15454 of 237257/17/13 at 6:22pmpost #15455 of 237257/18/13 at 5:50pmpost #15456 of 237257/18/13 at 6:58pmpost #15457 of 237257/18/13 at 9:15pmpost #15458 of 237257/18/13 at 11:48pmQuote:You definitely have to size down but I thought that was for every fit from RRL right? I size down two sizes on straight leg. Once sized down they are slimmer than 501's.Originally Posted by somatoformQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Kensington
I think they fit great. I've found 501's to be too baggy all over. RRL straight legs are fairly narrow in my opinion. I prefer the slim fits but the straight legs are great too. Slim fits don't have too low of a rise. I actually found the rise better than the J Crew "484" chinos I have which have a ridiculously low rise.
As previously stated, and unless they've changed sizing, the 501 is significantly smaller than a RRL straight in the same size, in a 36 at least. The 501 has a lower rise, more taper and less thigh room. I need to get a 34 RRL straight, and I'm pretty certain they'll fit no problem. A 34 501, OTOH, would barely get over my ass. I would say that for a RRL straight in the same fit, buy one size down from your 501 size. That should be close enough. Obviously, I can't generalize across all sizes, AND my RRL straight are the old arcuates.post #15459 of 237257/19/13 at 12:52pmQuote:
There is a flip side to that coin. It could also help buyers ascertain how much interest is in an item which might give them a little more leverage when trying negotiate a price with with little to no interest.
Edited by rrlgambler - 7/19/13 at 1:17pmpost #15460 of 237257/19/13 at 8:47pmpost #15461 of 237257/19/13 at 9:21pmpost #15462 of 237257/19/13 at 9:30pmpost #15463 of 237257/19/13 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by brianohQuote:
What would you say RRL's quality is on par with then? Debating whether to cop a pair of their skinny chinos or just go with Unis.Quote:
I mean, based on these two posts alone, and common sense, quality is obviously slightly subjective.
Price for RRL items is less about quality of construction for me than quality of details. You simply don't see the attention to detail with a lot of the RRL stuff elsewhere (makes sense, given it's Ralph Lauren's baby).
That said, fit still trumps all, so great construction and details doesn't mean a thing if the fit isn't good (still default to RL polos because they fit me so well even with potentially better quality options).
Haven't owned any Unis pieces, but in my experience W+H quality is prob in the same ballpark as RRL stuff, just not as interesting in most cases.
It's all a trade off between fit, construction, details, and cost; just a matter of deciding what you care most about.post #15464 of 237257/20/13 at 3:02ampost #15465 of 237257/20/13 at 8:58am
- The Official RRL Thread
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
Currently, there are 1593 Active Users (339 Members and 1254 Guests)
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 22 seconds ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 47 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 59 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 7 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...