Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:11 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1031post #15451 of 255567/16/13 at 7:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15452 of 255567/16/13 at 11:18pmThere are some great deals on both the US and UK sites at the moment. On the UK side they have the regulation chinos in Olive at half price for some reason. Thought they were a stock item and I paid full price for a pair in store a couple of weeks back. Really loving the looser fit on them though.
Also noticed that they seem to be selling off Slim Fit rigid denim with a 32 inch inseam for some reason. The 34s are still full price but the 32s are down to £135. Had to double check at first as I thought it may have been the new slim straight in cone but I'm fairly certain it's the standard slim fit as it states that's it's made in the USA of imported fabrics.post #15453 of 255567/17/13 at 6:56ampost #15454 of 255567/17/13 at 6:22pmpost #15455 of 255567/18/13 at 5:50pmpost #15456 of 255567/18/13 at 6:58pmpost #15457 of 255567/18/13 at 9:15pmpost #15458 of 255567/18/13 at 11:48pmQuote:You definitely have to size down but I thought that was for every fit from RRL right? I size down two sizes on straight leg. Once sized down they are slimmer than 501's.Originally Posted by somatoformQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Kensington
I think they fit great. I've found 501's to be too baggy all over. RRL straight legs are fairly narrow in my opinion. I prefer the slim fits but the straight legs are great too. Slim fits don't have too low of a rise. I actually found the rise better than the J Crew "484" chinos I have which have a ridiculously low rise.
As previously stated, and unless they've changed sizing, the 501 is significantly smaller than a RRL straight in the same size, in a 36 at least. The 501 has a lower rise, more taper and less thigh room. I need to get a 34 RRL straight, and I'm pretty certain they'll fit no problem. A 34 501, OTOH, would barely get over my ass. I would say that for a RRL straight in the same fit, buy one size down from your 501 size. That should be close enough. Obviously, I can't generalize across all sizes, AND my RRL straight are the old arcuates.post #15459 of 255567/19/13 at 12:52pmQuote:
There is a flip side to that coin. It could also help buyers ascertain how much interest is in an item which might give them a little more leverage when trying negotiate a price with with little to no interest.
Edited by rrlgambler - 7/19/13 at 1:17pmpost #15460 of 255567/19/13 at 8:47pmpost #15461 of 255567/19/13 at 9:21pmpost #15462 of 255567/19/13 at 9:30pmpost #15463 of 255567/19/13 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by brianohQuote:
What would you say RRL's quality is on par with then? Debating whether to cop a pair of their skinny chinos or just go with Unis.Quote:
I mean, based on these two posts alone, and common sense, quality is obviously slightly subjective.
Price for RRL items is less about quality of construction for me than quality of details. You simply don't see the attention to detail with a lot of the RRL stuff elsewhere (makes sense, given it's Ralph Lauren's baby).
That said, fit still trumps all, so great construction and details doesn't mean a thing if the fit isn't good (still default to RL polos because they fit me so well even with potentially better quality options).
Haven't owned any Unis pieces, but in my experience W+H quality is prob in the same ballpark as RRL stuff, just not as interesting in most cases.
It's all a trade off between fit, construction, details, and cost; just a matter of deciding what you care most about.post #15464 of 255567/20/13 at 3:02ampost #15465 of 255567/20/13 at 8:58am
- The Official RRL Thread
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
Currently, there are 1758 Active Users (413 Members and 1345 Guests)
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 46 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...