or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1018

post #15256 of 20943
Looks like the original rigid officer chino with higher rise (10.5 oz, Fall Icon)?
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13088135&fbn=Division%7CMen%7CSee+All&s=D-StorePrice-POLO&pg=1&f=PAD%2FDivision%2FMen&kw=fall+icon&parentPage=search

I like this one from Sante Fe
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17408806&fbn=Division%7CMen%7CSee+All&f=PAD%2FDivision%2FMen&kw=santa+fe&parentPage=search

now the question is would this varsity jacket go on sale nod[1].gif
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21362816&origkw=varsity&kw=varsity&parentPage=search
post #15257 of 20943

I'm excited to see the Lonesome Dove group.  I'm actually currently reading the book for the first time.  There is a character in the book that refuses to get a new pair of pants and instead wears a pair of pants made out of several pieces of quilt which he maintains by darning daily.  I don't imagine the talented folks at RRL will attempt such a thing, but if anyone did, it would be them.

post #15258 of 20943
post #15259 of 20943

How do RRL denim shirts fit? Are they slim? Because from the picture they look a bit boxy.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #15260 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

How do RRL denim shirts fit? Are they slim? Because from the picture they look a bit boxy.

 

Thanks in advance.

The workshirts are roomier then the more tapered western versions for sure.

post #15261 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

The workshirts are roomier then the more tapered western versions for sure.
+1
post #15262 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym View Post

I tried on a 31 and 32 waist in the one wash low straight (usually a 34) and was quite impressed. I couldn't button the top two buttons on the 31 and the 32 were really tight, how much do these bad boys stretch out? What size should I go with?

Anyone? Would be greatly appreciated.
post #15263 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym View Post

Anyone? Would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, the waist will stretch out by ~1-2 inches. Most important measurement for me is the thigh. If you're happy with the thighs but the waist is a little tight, I would say go for it.
post #15264 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Basically, the waist will stretch out by ~1-2 inches. Most important measurement for me is the thigh. If you're happy with the thighs but the waist is a little tight, I would say go for it.

The thighs on both the 31 and 32 were fine but I couldn't button the top two buttons on the 31. Should I be fine with the 31 after the initial stretch or should I stick with the still tight, but button-able 32?

Waist down the fit was great on both pairs and having handled a lot of Japanese denim (Samurai, Sugar Cane, etc...) I didn't think I would be so impressed with the quality, but I was pleasantly surprised icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #15265 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym View Post

The thighs on both the 31 and 32 were fine but I couldn't button the top two buttons on the 31. Should I be fine with the 31 after the initial stretch or should I stick with the still tight, but button-able 32?

Waist down the fit was great on both pairs and having handled a lot of Japanese denim (Samurai, Sugar Cane, etc...) I didn't think I would be so impressed with the quality, but I was pleasantly surprised icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

For low straight, I would take the smallest size you can take as long as you can get the waist to fit, and the rest looks good (i.e. thigh, leg opening etc. it's a low straight, don't make it fit like a slim), waist definitely stretch by at least 1.5 inch if not more. Though break in would be a painful I suppose...
post #15266 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym View Post

The thighs on both the 31 and 32 were fine but I couldn't button the top two buttons on the 31. Should I be fine with the 31 after the initial stretch or should I stick with the still tight, but button-able 32?

Waist down the fit was great on both pairs and having handled a lot of Japanese denim (Samurai, Sugar Cane, etc...) I didn't think I would be so impressed with the quality, but I was pleasantly surprised icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Personally I don't like the feel of having my balls in a vice so I would go with the 32.
post #15267 of 20943

Do the twill Officer Chino ($240 version) ever go on sale?

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13088135&utm_medium=SKU&utm_source=Pricegrabber&utm_campaign=CSE

 

I bought a pair last year TTS and while wearable, I'd be better suited to a size down. I like the fabric so much I'm not opposed to buying another pair at full price but I don't need them until fall so I figured I'd ask.

post #15268 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Do the twill Officer Chino ($240 version) ever go on sale?

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13088135&utm_medium=SKU&utm_source=Pricegrabber&utm_campaign=CSE

I bought a pair last year TTS and while wearable, I'd be better suited to a size down. I like the fabric so much I'm not opposed to buying another pair at full price but I don't need them until fall so I figured I'd ask.

not that I know of, did you have the 9.23oz one or this new one (which is 10.5oz according to the website, or some other different ones), also it says 11 inch front rise. The old ones wouldn't have 11 front rise unless it's at least a 34 waist or something like that.
post #15269 of 20943
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrlgambler View Post

 

 

We need pics of whats not online from this fall's collection!  Some of us live in parts of fly over america where instead of rrl stores, raging tire fires are the norm.  

+1 and some new shirts on the site dont have all sizes

post #15270 of 20943
Anyone in the UK able to proxy for me? Trying to get a few things off the UK site that are sold out in the US
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread