Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1002post #15016 of 236956/3/13 at 8:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15017 of 236956/3/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by subdivide
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Dear RRL design and production departments,
Please PLEASE standardize your sizing. Especially for shirts.
I understand that there are several "standard" cuts - the western shirts have a taper, the workshirts are bigger in the body, the Oxfords and dress shirts are cut like dress shirts.
But really, your sizes are all over the place, totally unpredictable, varying up to 2.5" in the chest, 1.5" in the shoulder, and 3" in length. I've been buying RRL shirts regularly since 2005 and this issue seems to only be getting worse.
While I love the attention to creating unique style and design in a variety of great shirts, it's ridiculous how much variance there is in the fit.
What to do??? 怎么办？？
+1000post #15018 of 236956/3/13 at 8:32amQuote:
How was their other offerings (Black Label/Purple Label/Suit/Sports Coat/shoes), or you were only looking at RRL...post #15019 of 236956/3/13 at 8:48ampost #15020 of 236956/3/13 at 9:21ampost #15021 of 236956/3/13 at 9:30ampost #15022 of 236956/3/13 at 9:31am
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinionspost #15023 of 236956/3/13 at 9:48ampost #15024 of 236956/3/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by rrlgambler
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinions
Agree with the other posters that it is too small and the pattern is fine as long as you have other basic suits.
I don't think you should ever buy clothing thinking you will diet/exercise into it, especially with a suit jacket or sport coat as there are too many factors to consider when looking for fit. Right now the shoulders on the jacket are off as you can tell from the creasing in the top line.post #15025 of 236956/3/13 at 10:38amStopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?post #15026 of 236956/3/13 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by non boring
Stopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?
They've always been China made, quality is quite good thoughpost #15027 of 236956/3/13 at 11:24ampost #15028 of 236956/3/13 at 12:05pmpost #15029 of 236956/3/13 at 12:37pmpost #15030 of 236956/3/13 at 12:50pmmanaged to snag a few items, i'll post in my B&S first before resorting to feeBay.
hoit, did u see any of those indian head t-shirts? i just got back home, managed to get an XL and will begin the hunt for a M. they are true to size right?Quote:
they will most likely have plenty left in your size. there was a box dedicated to size 36W and not much was picked through.Quote:
Dave, i think i might have saw you. Were you the guy with a black t-shirt, dashingly good looks, and about 5 pairs of one rinse denim tucked under each arm lol.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 19 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...