Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:13 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1002post #15016 of 246086/3/13 at 8:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15017 of 246086/3/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by subdivide
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Dear RRL design and production departments,
Please PLEASE standardize your sizing. Especially for shirts.
I understand that there are several "standard" cuts - the western shirts have a taper, the workshirts are bigger in the body, the Oxfords and dress shirts are cut like dress shirts.
But really, your sizes are all over the place, totally unpredictable, varying up to 2.5" in the chest, 1.5" in the shoulder, and 3" in length. I've been buying RRL shirts regularly since 2005 and this issue seems to only be getting worse.
While I love the attention to creating unique style and design in a variety of great shirts, it's ridiculous how much variance there is in the fit.
What to do??? 怎么办？？
+1000post #15018 of 246086/3/13 at 8:32amQuote:
How was their other offerings (Black Label/Purple Label/Suit/Sports Coat/shoes), or you were only looking at RRL...post #15019 of 246086/3/13 at 8:48ampost #15020 of 246086/3/13 at 9:21ampost #15021 of 246086/3/13 at 9:30ampost #15022 of 246086/3/13 at 9:31am
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinionspost #15023 of 246086/3/13 at 9:48ampost #15024 of 246086/3/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by rrlgambler
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinions
Agree with the other posters that it is too small and the pattern is fine as long as you have other basic suits.
I don't think you should ever buy clothing thinking you will diet/exercise into it, especially with a suit jacket or sport coat as there are too many factors to consider when looking for fit. Right now the shoulders on the jacket are off as you can tell from the creasing in the top line.post #15025 of 246086/3/13 at 10:38amStopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?post #15026 of 246086/3/13 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by non boring
Stopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?
They've always been China made, quality is quite good thoughpost #15027 of 246086/3/13 at 11:24ampost #15028 of 246086/3/13 at 12:05pmpost #15029 of 246086/3/13 at 12:37pmpost #15030 of 246086/3/13 at 12:50pmmanaged to snag a few items, i'll post in my B&S first before resorting to feeBay.
hoit, did u see any of those indian head t-shirts? i just got back home, managed to get an XL and will begin the hunt for a M. they are true to size right?Quote:
they will most likely have plenty left in your size. there was a box dedicated to size 36W and not much was picked through.Quote:
Dave, i think i might have saw you. Were you the guy with a black t-shirt, dashingly good looks, and about 5 pairs of one rinse denim tucked under each arm lol.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Only Still Living Men's Fashion Icon? 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 8 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for a full length overcoat? 11 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 16 minutes ago
- › Dents Cashmere Lined Peccary Gloves 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories