Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 11:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1002post #15016 of 263346/3/13 at 8:27ampost #15017 of 263346/3/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by subdivide
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Dear RRL design and production departments,
Please PLEASE standardize your sizing. Especially for shirts.
I understand that there are several "standard" cuts - the western shirts have a taper, the workshirts are bigger in the body, the Oxfords and dress shirts are cut like dress shirts.
But really, your sizes are all over the place, totally unpredictable, varying up to 2.5" in the chest, 1.5" in the shoulder, and 3" in length. I've been buying RRL shirts regularly since 2005 and this issue seems to only be getting worse.
While I love the attention to creating unique style and design in a variety of great shirts, it's ridiculous how much variance there is in the fit.
What to do??? 怎么办？？
+1000post #15018 of 263346/3/13 at 8:32amQuote:
How was their other offerings (Black Label/Purple Label/Suit/Sports Coat/shoes), or you were only looking at RRL...post #15019 of 263346/3/13 at 8:48ampost #15020 of 263346/3/13 at 9:21ampost #15021 of 263346/3/13 at 9:30ampost #15022 of 263346/3/13 at 9:31am
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinionspost #15023 of 263346/3/13 at 9:48ampost #15024 of 263346/3/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by rrlgambler
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinions
Agree with the other posters that it is too small and the pattern is fine as long as you have other basic suits.
I don't think you should ever buy clothing thinking you will diet/exercise into it, especially with a suit jacket or sport coat as there are too many factors to consider when looking for fit. Right now the shoulders on the jacket are off as you can tell from the creasing in the top line.post #15025 of 263346/3/13 at 10:38amStopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?post #15026 of 263346/3/13 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by non boring
Stopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?
They've always been China made, quality is quite good thoughpost #15027 of 263346/3/13 at 11:24ampost #15028 of 263346/3/13 at 12:05pmpost #15029 of 263346/3/13 at 12:37pmpost #15030 of 263346/3/13 at 12:50pmmanaged to snag a few items, i'll post in my B&S first before resorting to feeBay.
hoit, did u see any of those indian head t-shirts? i just got back home, managed to get an XL and will begin the hunt for a M. they are true to size right?Quote:
they will most likely have plenty left in your size. there was a box dedicated to size 36W and not much was picked through.Quote:
Dave, i think i might have saw you. Were you the guy with a black t-shirt, dashingly good looks, and about 5 pairs of one rinse denim tucked under each arm lol.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 1 minute ago
- › Brexit 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › White Ressentiment, the Poster Child 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding