Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 1002post #15016 of 278946/3/13 at 8:27ampost #15017 of 278946/3/13 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by subdivide
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Dear RRL design and production departments,
Please PLEASE standardize your sizing. Especially for shirts.
I understand that there are several "standard" cuts - the western shirts have a taper, the workshirts are bigger in the body, the Oxfords and dress shirts are cut like dress shirts.
But really, your sizes are all over the place, totally unpredictable, varying up to 2.5" in the chest, 1.5" in the shoulder, and 3" in length. I've been buying RRL shirts regularly since 2005 and this issue seems to only be getting worse.
While I love the attention to creating unique style and design in a variety of great shirts, it's ridiculous how much variance there is in the fit.
What to do??? 怎么办？？
+1000post #15018 of 278946/3/13 at 8:32amQuote:
How was their other offerings (Black Label/Purple Label/Suit/Sports Coat/shoes), or you were only looking at RRL...post #15019 of 278946/3/13 at 8:48ampost #15020 of 278946/3/13 at 9:21ampost #15021 of 278946/3/13 at 9:30ampost #15022 of 278946/3/13 at 9:31am
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinionspost #15023 of 278946/3/13 at 9:48ampost #15024 of 278946/3/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by rrlgambler
OT I know but I would like to hear some of the opinions from the members who post regularly on this thread about the look of my new TF suit, particularyly the pattern. I thought about posting the question here but I figured this wasn't the place. Here is the link.http://www.styleforum.net/t/350155/new-tom-ford-suit-opinions
Agree with the other posters that it is too small and the pattern is fine as long as you have other basic suits.
I don't think you should ever buy clothing thinking you will diet/exercise into it, especially with a suit jacket or sport coat as there are too many factors to consider when looking for fit. Right now the shoulders on the jacket are off as you can tell from the creasing in the top line.post #15025 of 278946/3/13 at 10:38amStopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?post #15026 of 278946/3/13 at 10:52amQuote:Originally Posted by non boring
Stopped by the Bev Hills RRL store yesterday. They had a few sizes of some low straights and slim fits (and slim boots) left in stock for around $214 each, much cheaper than online. Didn't check the shirt/outerwear rack.
Ended up buying a pair of Selvedge Field Officer Chinos. Does anyone know when they started manufacturing these in China? I was a little disappointed they weren't USA made. Or is it b/c it's just a new version with the non-red selvedge line? Regardless I love the fit. Any tips on care for those who own them?
They've always been China made, quality is quite good thoughpost #15027 of 278946/3/13 at 11:24ampost #15028 of 278946/3/13 at 12:05pmpost #15029 of 278946/3/13 at 12:37pmpost #15030 of 278946/3/13 at 12:50pmmanaged to snag a few items, i'll post in my B&S first before resorting to feeBay.
hoit, did u see any of those indian head t-shirts? i just got back home, managed to get an XL and will begin the hunt for a M. they are true to size right?Quote:
they will most likely have plenty left in your size. there was a box dedicated to size 36W and not much was picked through.Quote:
Dave, i think i might have saw you. Were you the guy with a black t-shirt, dashingly good looks, and about 5 pairs of one rinse denim tucked under each arm lol.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 20 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 22 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 23 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway