or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 1000

post #14986 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post


Interesting. I'm wondering where they got the denim from. I find the first one very similar to Oni denim.

And fit of the newer one is basically the same as the first one? 

It's a Mitsui fabric (Japan).

post #14987 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert View Post

I'll be surprised if they are the same denim. While I never got to handle the Boss, the denim was described as being very slubby.  The new ones, on the other hand, feel very smooth and soft.

They're not the same denim as the Boss Jean but still very nice.

post #14988 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost01 View Post

It's a Mitsui fabric (Japan).


Mitsui? The Sogo Shosha (Trading Company)?

Do they also mill denim fabric?

 

And is the fabric of the newer ones smooth or slubby?

post #14989 of 20084

And is anyone familiar with the "candle stick" jeans by RRL?

Apparently they were made in the same slubby denim as the Boss jeans.

post #14990 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by XIAN UK View Post

Yeah. I have it in a medium. The fit seems typical of a genuine hand knit, in that it's a bit unusual compared to standard knitwear.

My medium fit wide on the shoulders, high on the arms, slim through the chest, short in length, and roomy round the waist.

The knit is loose; where it's tight it gives.

I have it in small and its perfect fit for me, which is to say its cut different than other RRL sweaters as said above. Im 5'6 and it comes down to my waist instead of hanging over my ass like almost everything else. Snug fit in the chest but not too snug (only because i havent worn it enough to stretch the hand knit). Arms are tight, again because i havent worn it much. Its def a piece that woudl stretch. One of my favorite sweaters
post #14991 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post


Mitsui? The Sogo Shosha (Trading Company)?

Do they also mill denim fabric?

 

And is the fabric of the newer ones smooth or slubby?

Correct. Mitsui own a number of prestigious denim factories.

 

If you ever need a good resource on denim manufacturers check:

 

http://pacificbluedenims.com/index.php?p=catgp&id=1

 

They only trade in the best fabrics.

 

The new fabric is not as slubby as the previous Boss jean. 

post #14992 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost01 View Post

Correct. Mitsui own a number of prestigious denim factories.

 

If you ever need a good resource on denim manufacturers check:

 

http://pacificbluedenims.com/index.php?p=catgp&id=1

 

They only trade in the best fabrics.

 

The new fabric is not as slubby as the previous Boss jean. 


Thanks for the info. 

Interesting, Mitsui is active in so many areas.

post #14993 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


I have it in small and its perfect fit for me, which is to say its cut different than other RRL sweaters as said above. Im 5'6 and it comes down to my waist instead of hanging over my ass like almost everything else. Snug fit in the chest but not too snug (only because i havent worn it enough to stretch the hand knit). Arms are tight, again because i havent worn it much. Its def a piece that woudl stretch. One of my favorite sweaters

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIAN UK View Post


Yeah. I have it in a medium. The fit seems typical of a genuine hand knit, in that it's a bit unusual compared to standard knitwear.

My medium fit wide on the shoulders, high on the arms, slim through the chest, short in length, and roomy round the waist.

The knit is loose; where it's tight it gives.

 

Thanks guys for settling that for me, I appreciate the help.  

post #14994 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost01 View Post


 

http://pacificbluedenims.com/index.php?p=catgp&id=1

 

They only trade in the best fabrics.

Hilarious. They mostly sell crap denim and second quality selvedge. They messed up 2 of my orders years ago.

post #14995 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Hilarious. They mostly sell crap denim and second quality selvedge. They messed up 2 of my orders years ago.

Ok let me re-phrase my comment as its obvious RRL CLOTHING is still sensitive over those 3 meters of Raw denim he ordered. 

 

They trade in fabrics from the most respected factories.

 

All the best fabrics are usually earmarked by certain brands and in the case of RRL the fabrics are mostly exclusive to them.

 

However if you were a serious player in the industry you would not have to go to them and would deal with the factory or their agent directly.

post #14996 of 20084

Says the Poseur who pops in this thread every 6 months to show off his denim pseudo intellectualism from his sources up on the top echelons of RRL.  LOLL!

 

Now I'm not a serious player in the game because I ordered some denim from them instead of going directly to Japan to deal with mills over there? I thought you just said a moment ago that they only deal with the best fabrics in the world. Furthermore, even the best denim mills in the world make cheap products and expensive products. Do you go around telling people your rusty old Golf is prestigious because VW manufactures Lambo? I bet you do.

 

 

Yes keep using that website as your broheim denim encyclopedia, but please, don't reference that garbage in here.  What a dipshit.

post #14997 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post


Jeans never stretch out lengthwise unless you actually pull on the legs when they're wet. Since they're sanforized you won't get much shrinkage in length either. Sounds to me like the SA thought the 30 inseam looked better on you than the 32.


Thanks.

post #14998 of 20084
smack.giflurker[1].gif
post #14999 of 20084
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post

And is anyone familiar with the "candle stick" jeans by RRL?
Apparently they were made in the same slubby denim as the Boss jeans.

http://www.rhythm-fuk.com/shopping/rrl_674detail.html
post #15000 of 20084
Quote:


Ah, thanks. They look similar to the AB Elfelts.

Did RRL also issue a rigid version?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread