Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:33 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official RRL Thread - Page 996post #14927 of 267565/25/13 at 5:01pm
i got a xsmall and small and the small is really really snug definitely not the right fight the small is better but i do have another shirt from the fall thats a small that fits pretty good as in i think a mediuem would either be too big or thats the biggiest size to get....also the ones i recived today are made in the phillipiens where the other is india....that being said what does everyone do in this situation get the size up for comfort or they strech some...post #14928 of 267565/25/13 at 11:08pmQuote:
All of my washed low straights stretched about a half inch after about 10-15 wears. You can somewhat mitigate this with a belt. It's not as extreme as the raw versions.post #14929 of 267565/26/13 at 12:29amQuote:
If i am right, the difference in hem measurement, given two pair of identical size, is about an inch or so. There a slight taper to the slims. Maybe some rrl aficionado here might be able to help you on that.
I am a true 32 waist and got a 28 slim fig raw. The hem was 6.75inches. But they stretched out quite abit and along the waist an inch out or so.post #14930 of 267565/26/13 at 6:39ampost #14931 of 267565/26/13 at 8:16ampost #14932 of 267565/26/13 at 8:25ampost #14933 of 267565/26/13 at 8:41ampost #14934 of 267565/26/13 at 8:44ampost #14935 of 267565/26/13 at 9:15amSo I've just spent a few days in NYC and had a look at the current RRL stock. I did not find one selvedge shirt in any of the RRL stores, including the denim shirts. I was told that there was a selvedge western shirt done this season but it had sold out; does anyone have photos of it?
The material used for the shirts was not in general outstanding (being somewhat lightweight and with unremarkable weaves and patterns) and many, particularly the plaids, would be difficult to distinguish from some chain store offerings if chosen carefully (see further below for example).
I spotted three selvedge pants: the core raw chinos (now 10.8 oz and feel quite substantial), the "sulfur dyed" charcoal raw chinos (probably the same cotton, included in the current sale BTW) and new season Desert Defensive chinos which seem to be washed cotton and redline selvedge.
The USA-made denim feels slightly lighter and smoother than its Japanese predecessor. I was told that RRL would continue to use Japanese denim for its washed jeans - is this true?
Surprisingly Club Monaco had a few interesting things that held its own against RRL: a heavyweight pincheck workshirt with redline selvedge on one of the inside plackets (sadly not the gussets), and two denim chinos with taped out seams: raw dark indigo and a neppy mid blue.
They also had a new lightweight printed pattern indigo selvedge shirt and two lightweight selvedge chambray pants in blue and red (the latter I found too lightweight and feeling like pyjama pants).
Edited by ispace - 5/26/13 at 11:28ampost #14936 of 267565/26/13 at 9:59amQuote:
Simon Miller jeans retail for $230-265 and are on sale for $160. They're also only 11oz.
ETA: I just checked stevenalan and they're sold out of almost all sizes for the sale jeans.post #14937 of 267565/26/13 at 10:01ampost #14938 of 267565/26/13 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by ispace
So I've just spent a few day in NYC and had a look at the current RRL stock. I did not find one selvedge shirt in any of the RRL stores, including the denim shirts. I was told that there was a selvedge western shirt done this season but it had sold out; does anyone have photos of it?
Along the lines of this question, Is the denim western sport shirt listed on the site now for $265 not the same denim western that some people here were buying 6 months or so back?
Here's the one from the website
Here's the one from unionmade, same as the one, I believe, a bunch of you guys were buying not long ago
Anyone know if the are the same or different?post #14939 of 267565/26/13 at 11:24ampost #14940 of 267565/26/13 at 3:03pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Things you just don't get 46 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 11 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...