Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:59 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 996
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14927 of 241855/25/13 at 5:01pm
i got a xsmall and small and the small is really really snug definitely not the right fight the small is better but i do have another shirt from the fall thats a small that fits pretty good as in i think a mediuem would either be too big or thats the biggiest size to get....also the ones i recived today are made in the phillipiens where the other is india....that being said what does everyone do in this situation get the size up for comfort or they strech some...post #14928 of 241855/25/13 at 11:08pmQuote:
All of my washed low straights stretched about a half inch after about 10-15 wears. You can somewhat mitigate this with a belt. It's not as extreme as the raw versions.post #14929 of 241855/26/13 at 12:29amQuote:
If i am right, the difference in hem measurement, given two pair of identical size, is about an inch or so. There a slight taper to the slims. Maybe some rrl aficionado here might be able to help you on that.
I am a true 32 waist and got a 28 slim fig raw. The hem was 6.75inches. But they stretched out quite abit and along the waist an inch out or so.post #14930 of 241855/26/13 at 6:39ampost #14931 of 241855/26/13 at 8:16ampost #14932 of 241855/26/13 at 8:25ampost #14933 of 241855/26/13 at 8:41ampost #14934 of 241855/26/13 at 8:44ampost #14935 of 241855/26/13 at 9:15amSo I've just spent a few days in NYC and had a look at the current RRL stock. I did not find one selvedge shirt in any of the RRL stores, including the denim shirts. I was told that there was a selvedge western shirt done this season but it had sold out; does anyone have photos of it?
The material used for the shirts was not in general outstanding (being somewhat lightweight and with unremarkable weaves and patterns) and many, particularly the plaids, would be difficult to distinguish from some chain store offerings if chosen carefully (see further below for example).
I spotted three selvedge pants: the core raw chinos (now 10.8 oz and feel quite substantial), the "sulfur dyed" charcoal raw chinos (probably the same cotton, included in the current sale BTW) and new season Desert Defensive chinos which seem to be washed cotton and redline selvedge.
The USA-made denim feels slightly lighter and smoother than its Japanese predecessor. I was told that RRL would continue to use Japanese denim for its washed jeans - is this true?
Surprisingly Club Monaco had a few interesting things that held its own against RRL: a heavyweight pincheck workshirt with redline selvedge on one of the inside plackets (sadly not the gussets), and two denim chinos with taped out seams: raw dark indigo and a neppy mid blue.
They also had a new lightweight printed pattern indigo selvedge shirt and two lightweight selvedge chambray pants in blue and red (the latter I found too lightweight and feeling like pyjama pants).
Edited by ispace - 5/26/13 at 11:28ampost #14936 of 241855/26/13 at 9:59amQuote:
Simon Miller jeans retail for $230-265 and are on sale for $160. They're also only 11oz.
ETA: I just checked stevenalan and they're sold out of almost all sizes for the sale jeans.post #14937 of 241855/26/13 at 10:01ampost #14938 of 241855/26/13 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by ispace
So I've just spent a few day in NYC and had a look at the current RRL stock. I did not find one selvedge shirt in any of the RRL stores, including the denim shirts. I was told that there was a selvedge western shirt done this season but it had sold out; does anyone have photos of it?
Along the lines of this question, Is the denim western sport shirt listed on the site now for $265 not the same denim western that some people here were buying 6 months or so back?
Here's the one from the website
Here's the one from unionmade, same as the one, I believe, a bunch of you guys were buying not long ago
Anyone know if the are the same or different?post #14939 of 241855/26/13 at 11:24am
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 744 LTD Shell Cordovan Size 9.5D 4 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth