Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 996
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14927 of 255255/25/13 at 5:01pm
i got a xsmall and small and the small is really really snug definitely not the right fight the small is better but i do have another shirt from the fall thats a small that fits pretty good as in i think a mediuem would either be too big or thats the biggiest size to get....also the ones i recived today are made in the phillipiens where the other is india....that being said what does everyone do in this situation get the size up for comfort or they strech some...post #14928 of 255255/25/13 at 11:08pmQuote:
All of my washed low straights stretched about a half inch after about 10-15 wears. You can somewhat mitigate this with a belt. It's not as extreme as the raw versions.post #14929 of 255255/26/13 at 12:29amQuote:
If i am right, the difference in hem measurement, given two pair of identical size, is about an inch or so. There a slight taper to the slims. Maybe some rrl aficionado here might be able to help you on that.
I am a true 32 waist and got a 28 slim fig raw. The hem was 6.75inches. But they stretched out quite abit and along the waist an inch out or so.post #14930 of 255255/26/13 at 6:39ampost #14931 of 255255/26/13 at 8:16ampost #14932 of 255255/26/13 at 8:25ampost #14933 of 255255/26/13 at 8:41ampost #14934 of 255255/26/13 at 8:44ampost #14935 of 255255/26/13 at 9:15amSo I've just spent a few days in NYC and had a look at the current RRL stock. I did not find one selvedge shirt in any of the RRL stores, including the denim shirts. I was told that there was a selvedge western shirt done this season but it had sold out; does anyone have photos of it?
The material used for the shirts was not in general outstanding (being somewhat lightweight and with unremarkable weaves and patterns) and many, particularly the plaids, would be difficult to distinguish from some chain store offerings if chosen carefully (see further below for example).
I spotted three selvedge pants: the core raw chinos (now 10.8 oz and feel quite substantial), the "sulfur dyed" charcoal raw chinos (probably the same cotton, included in the current sale BTW) and new season Desert Defensive chinos which seem to be washed cotton and redline selvedge.
The USA-made denim feels slightly lighter and smoother than its Japanese predecessor. I was told that RRL would continue to use Japanese denim for its washed jeans - is this true?
Surprisingly Club Monaco had a few interesting things that held its own against RRL: a heavyweight pincheck workshirt with redline selvedge on one of the inside plackets (sadly not the gussets), and two denim chinos with taped out seams: raw dark indigo and a neppy mid blue.
They also had a new lightweight printed pattern indigo selvedge shirt and two lightweight selvedge chambray pants in blue and red (the latter I found too lightweight and feeling like pyjama pants).
Edited by ispace - 5/26/13 at 11:28ampost #14936 of 255255/26/13 at 9:59amQuote:
Simon Miller jeans retail for $230-265 and are on sale for $160. They're also only 11oz.
ETA: I just checked stevenalan and they're sold out of almost all sizes for the sale jeans.post #14937 of 255255/26/13 at 10:01ampost #14938 of 255255/26/13 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by ispace
So I've just spent a few day in NYC and had a look at the current RRL stock. I did not find one selvedge shirt in any of the RRL stores, including the denim shirts. I was told that there was a selvedge western shirt done this season but it had sold out; does anyone have photos of it?
Along the lines of this question, Is the denim western sport shirt listed on the site now for $265 not the same denim western that some people here were buying 6 months or so back?
Here's the one from the website
Here's the one from unionmade, same as the one, I believe, a bunch of you guys were buying not long ago
Anyone know if the are the same or different?post #14939 of 255255/26/13 at 11:24am
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › NIB Crockett & Jones Brown Wingtips & Ferragamo Tramezza Norwegian... 10 minutes ago
- › Can you guys tell me if these balmain jeans are fake? 11 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 17 minutes ago
- › Any other Edmontonians here? 21 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 23 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 25 minutes ago
- › NWT Suits from RLBL & Brooks Brothers 1818 - Sizes 44L & 46L 28 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...