Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 11:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 963post #14431 of 263334/11/13 at 4:53pmYeah it's definitely got a lot worse recently. eBay seems to have removed the ability to leave negative feedback too which makes it very frustrating as a seller. Basically, there's nothing you can do if you get a non-paying, uncommunicative buyer except wait 8 days and relist. On top of that, the eBay fees suck - no wonder the founders wealth is 8.2 billion...post #14432 of 263334/11/13 at 6:08pm
Ebay has gotten a lot cheaper to sell in recent years. 5 years ago it cost $2.70/week to list an item with BIN for $199. Now it's .02c. Multiply that by 500, or 1000.
It's gotten very cheap to list a thousand items. Yes the FVF have gotten up from 6-9%, but it's better to pay more on items you sell than pay a little less on items that don't sell. So if you want $100 for a chinos, you can put them for $109 and you'll still find a buyer pretty quickly seeing how demand for RRL has soared in the last 24 months. Plus you can always work something out through Paypal, though against the rules, Ebay doesn't seem to be cracking down on that.
I agree seller's should have some feedback recourse, that is one of my biggest gripes. However there are ways around it. You can leave a Pos. FB like "GOOD BUYER" and then leave a followup with something like "DEADBEAT BUYER BLOCK IMMEDIATELY" that won't violate ebay rules for feedback abuse. In the past there were vicious sellers with 20,000 feedback and if you negged them, they negged you out of spite and it didn't do anything to their 99.999% rating, but if you were a casual seller your fb would go from 100% to 80% so that wasn't very fair either.
Another gripe I have is only 40-50% of people leave FB . People figure by leaving feedback it only makes the seller look good and don't care because it doesn't benefit them. Unless you give 70-80% off then they might actually want to leave feedback because they are so happy and want to express that happiness with everyone on ebay - but if they pay a fair market price, or retail price, they don't feel like they got a deal, they simply refuse to leave feedback, even after many emails asking for them.
I want ebay to do away with feedback and just give you a +1pt for each sale with a comments section that people can leave personalized feedback. Or, buyers can leave feedback, but if they do not after 60 days, ebay will add a generic positive comment and value. I think by showing the community how much merchandise is actually moving, instead of just going by feedback, it will make buyers more willing to shop on the site.post #14433 of 263334/11/13 at 6:27pmpost #14434 of 263334/11/13 at 7:18pmpost #14435 of 263334/12/13 at 2:07ampost #14436 of 263334/12/13 at 2:10am
HI Hoit, as the man who is an expert on all things RRL i was wondering whether you might be able to help. i am mad about this jacket, and was woondering if you knew whether it is possible to commission one of pieces, which are no longer in production, from RRL ? Alternatively whether they might allow you to contact the artisans who made the jacket and commission one. I am XXL so you see the problem. There is a medium version of this jacket for sale on ebay, but obviously it is too small. Hope you can help.post #14437 of 263334/12/13 at 6:52ampost #14438 of 263334/12/13 at 7:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Nemo004
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)HI Hoit, as the man who is an expert on all things RRL i was wondering whether you might be able to help. i am mad about this jacket, and was woondering if you knew whether it is possible to commission one of pieces, which are no longer in production, from RRL ? Alternatively whether they might allow you to contact the artisans who made the jacket and commission one. I am XXL so you see the problem. There is a medium version of this jacket for sale on ebay, but obviously it is too small. Hope you can help.
I definitely would not describe myself as an expert. There are other here who are much more familiar with the brand.
As far as I'm aware it's pretty rare for RRL to make anything in size XXL. They do do it, but not for everything.
For info on that particular jacket I would suggest getting in touch with Ralph Lauren customer service and seeing if they could give you any information on the manufacturer. I highly doubt you'll get anywhere, mainly because I doubt the average RL customer service rep will know anything about particular items other than measurements and which store you'd be able to find it in. Really, you would need to find someone who is very familiar with the inner workings of RRL development and design.
If I were you, I would keep my eyes peeled for vintage XL RRL pieces which sometimes pop up on eBay. An XL vintage piece would be much larger than the current XL items due to the change in sizing that taken place over the past few years. in my opinion, an XL vintage item would be much closer to today's XXL size.
Good luck!post #14439 of 263334/12/13 at 7:50ampost #14440 of 263334/12/13 at 7:53ampost #14441 of 263334/12/13 at 11:47am
HI thanks for that Hoit. XXL fits me fine, i've been wearing XXL Ralph Lauren and RRL since 1997 and it is a good fit. I have a contact in the Chicago store who basically points out that most of the XXL stuff comes into the stores and not the website. I tend to get most of my RRL stuff through her and her colleagues. Having said that, given that the RRL brand seems to be expanding globally ( The womens website is now starting up) they have seen a slight increase in the amount of larger sizes coming through.
Ive tried customer services, and your right, they are limited in the service they offer. For artisan pieces like this jacket, I probably need to get to the buyers ( the folk who buy the stuff in ) . Thanks for your efforts anyway.
Nemopost #14442 of 263334/13/13 at 9:37pmpost #14443 of 263334/14/13 at 6:29pmWas at Woodbury today. Still have crap loads of belts available so bought a few. Picked up some Tan Bowery's at a great price. Had loads of Brunel's in various sizes which weren't reduced very much. Had some very nice Tan Wilberforce wingtips which unfortunately weren't discounted enough either. Also had a crap load of winter accessories which also were hardly discounted at all for some reason. Had some Black Bowery's - size 7 & 8 I think but again - they were around $550 so didn't pick them up. Had loads of $850 Cowboy Boots which were around $220 but couldn't be bothered to buy any. Almost bought a sweet SB suit in 42L / W34 - retailed for $1600 and reduced to $209 but again, wasn't too interested as it was L and unvented. Was a great fabric and cut though. Think that was about it.post #14444 of 263334/14/13 at 6:45pmpost #14445 of 263334/14/13 at 6:53pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 18 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 32 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP! been looking for every searchword you can ever imagine,... 50 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 57 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 59 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding