Are there any ebay users that are commonly known in this thread as being deadbeat buyers or sellers on ebay? I'm getting increasingly frustrated by deadbeat bidders who don't pay for items so it would be helpful if I could add a few well known deadbeats to my blocklist. Was the username provided for the seller who complained about the weathered look of the pants a few pages back?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 963
Styleforum Top Picks
Thanks. Maybe we should compile a blocklist for the help of fellow users. It seems like almost half of my auctions I have to open a non-paying bidder dispute these days. And that's with all the buyer requirement settings on. It's really frustrating.
Recently user "indelible23" who appears to be an SF member, didn't pay for 5 days then demanded I change the shipping price. They actually paid in the end
but it was still annoying.
mixgirls - claimed I sold a womans shirt as mans because it didn't fit her grandson and left me neg feedback because I wouldn't refund her.
hunterforrest7707 - sold me a jacket as "mint" that was obviously used. When I returned it he claimed I damaged it and refused refund and cursed me out.
garyflickinger01 - non paying bidder
foxbear1245 - non paying bidder
Ebay has gotten a lot cheaper to sell in recent years. 5 years ago it cost $2.70/week to list an item with BIN for $199. Now it's .02c. Multiply that by 500, or 1000.
It's gotten very cheap to list a thousand items. Yes the FVF have gotten up from 6-9%, but it's better to pay more on items you sell than pay a little less on items that don't sell. So if you want $100 for a chinos, you can put them for $109 and you'll still find a buyer pretty quickly seeing how demand for RRL has soared in the last 24 months. Plus you can always work something out through Paypal, though against the rules, Ebay doesn't seem to be cracking down on that.
I agree seller's should have some feedback recourse, that is one of my biggest gripes. However there are ways around it. You can leave a Pos. FB like "GOOD BUYER" and then leave a followup with something like "DEADBEAT BUYER BLOCK IMMEDIATELY" that won't violate ebay rules for feedback abuse. In the past there were vicious sellers with 20,000 feedback and if you negged them, they negged you out of spite and it didn't do anything to their 99.999% rating, but if you were a casual seller your fb would go from 100% to 80% so that wasn't very fair either.
Another gripe I have is only 40-50% of people leave FB . People figure by leaving feedback it only makes the seller look good and don't care because it doesn't benefit them. Unless you give 70-80% off then they might actually want to leave feedback because they are so happy and want to express that happiness with everyone on ebay - but if they pay a fair market price, or retail price, they don't feel like they got a deal, they simply refuse to leave feedback, even after many emails asking for them.
I want ebay to do away with feedback and just give you a +1pt for each sale with a comments section that people can leave personalized feedback. Or, buyers can leave feedback, but if they do not after 60 days, ebay will add a generic positive comment and value. I think by showing the community how much merchandise is actually moving, instead of just going by feedback, it will make buyers more willing to shop on the site.
HI Hoit, as the man who is an expert on all things RRL i was wondering whether you might be able to help. i am mad about this jacket, and was woondering if you knew whether it is possible to commission one of pieces, which are no longer in production, from RRL ? Alternatively whether they might allow you to contact the artisans who made the jacket and commission one. I am XXL so you see the problem. There is a medium version of this jacket for sale on ebay, but obviously it is too small. Hope you can help.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I definitely would not describe myself as an expert. There are other here who are much more familiar with the brand.
As far as I'm aware it's pretty rare for RRL to make anything in size XXL. They do do it, but not for everything.
For info on that particular jacket I would suggest getting in touch with Ralph Lauren customer service and seeing if they could give you any information on the manufacturer. I highly doubt you'll get anywhere, mainly because I doubt the average RL customer service rep will know anything about particular items other than measurements and which store you'd be able to find it in. Really, you would need to find someone who is very familiar with the inner workings of RRL development and design.
If I were you, I would keep my eyes peeled for vintage XL RRL pieces which sometimes pop up on eBay. An XL vintage piece would be much larger than the current XL items due to the change in sizing that taken place over the past few years. in my opinion, an XL vintage item would be much closer to today's XXL size.
HI thanks for that Hoit. XXL fits me fine, i've been wearing XXL Ralph Lauren and RRL since 1997 and it is a good fit. I have a contact in the Chicago store who basically points out that most of the XXL stuff comes into the stores and not the website. I tend to get most of my RRL stuff through her and her colleagues. Having said that, given that the RRL brand seems to be expanding globally ( The womens website is now starting up) they have seen a slight increase in the amount of larger sizes coming through.
Ive tried customer services, and your right, they are limited in the service they offer. For artisan pieces like this jacket, I probably need to get to the buyers ( the folk who buy the stuff in ) . Thanks for your efforts anyway.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Essential shoe purchases - Advice? 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 8 minutes ago
- › Baskets Kappa Power Homme de Coloris:Rouge Blanc 100UU 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Camiceria Olga Milan 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...