or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 97

post #1441 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
Funny, every time I've left that store I felt like I'm the one that got raped (financially). Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though.

mutual rape. feels so wrong.
post #1442 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
I must say that the RRL Officer Field Trouser is my go to chino. Considering picking up another pair just to keep in the closet for backup just in case they stop producing it for some reason.

I purchased my first pair a few weeks ago and I feel the same way. Really love the cut and fabric and fit. I hadn't been reading up on this thread, though, so I was both surprised and disappointed when I got home and noticed they had been made in China. Don't know why, but I felt a little tricked.

I'm over it, and I'll probably buy them again some day.
post #1443 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
I purchased my first pair a few weeks ago and I feel the same way. Really love the cut and fabric and fit. I hadn't been reading up on this thread, though, so I was both surprised and disappointed when I got home and noticed they had been made in China. Don't know why, but I felt a little tricked.

I'm over it, and I'll probably buy them again some day.

For those that have the field chino, can you post pics?

TIA.
post #1444 of 20946
Had a pair of the current RRL cargo pants shipped to me in a size 30x30. They're HUGE. Not just a little big, but way way too big. The waist actually measures a size 34 - four inches bigger than marked. They were also at least two inches too long. What's up with RRL sizing? Just ridiculous.
post #1445 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
I purchased my first pair a few weeks ago and I feel the same way. Really love the cut and fabric and fit. I hadn't been reading up on this thread, though, so I was both surprised and disappointed when I got home and noticed they had been made in China. Don't know why, but I felt a little tricked.

I'm over it, and I'll probably buy them again some day.

I understand where you're coming from regarding that China stuff. Their Jeans are made in the USA though, I believe. I should stop by at the local RL (RRL section inside the store) and check out the flannel shirts just to see where its made.
post #1446 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_ View Post
I understand where you're coming from regarding that China stuff. Their Jeans are made in the USA though, I believe. I should stop by at the local RL (RRL section inside the store) and check out the flannel shirts just to see where its made.


RRL is still made all over the World... including China. They as a company still have to find the lowest costs to produce their items. Very little will be made in the USA because of the high cost of labor, as compared to other countries. Therefore checking a label at a store, will not give you the whole story... and salespeople really have no idea where the RRL Design House has their items produced. And as one may or may not know the PRL Corp. holds MANY secret in it's war chests... they don't want the consumer and even staff to know the quannity and where a item is really produced. The only one that really knows is the Chair of the Corp. Ralph Lauren himself.

What they do however want you to trust is, in the product itself (no matter where it is made)..
most RRL buyers/Collectors do trust the RRL label, therefore they really don't question the quality or where it was produced.
post #1447 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by theRRshop View Post
RRL is still made all over the World... including China. They as a company still have to find the lowest costs to produce their items. Very little will be made in the USA because of the high cost of labor, as compared to other countries. Therefore checking a label at a store, will not give you the whole story... and salespeople really have no idea where the RRL Design House has their items produced. And as one may or may not know the PRL Corp. holds MANY secret in it's war chests... they don't want the consumer and even staff to know the quannity and where a item is really produced. The only one that really knows is the Chair of the Corp. Ralph Lauren himself.

My comment was just tongue in cheek. I'm not that concerned if it was made outside the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRRshop View Post
What they do however want you to trust is, in the product itself (no matter where it is made)..
most RRL buyers/Collectors do trust the RRL label, therefore they really don't question the quality or where it was produced.

We're actually on the same page. I'm a fan of the brand regardless of where a particular piece is made.
post #1448 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by theRRshop View Post
They as a company still have to find the lowest costs to produce their items. Very little will be made in the USA because of the high cost of labor, as compared to other countries.

Of course. It's the history of modern manufacturing. Still, a few companies manage to hang on and produce quality pieces in the states while turning a profit. I don't buy Alden because they're made stateside, but a part of me enjoys knowing they are and always have been, and that I'm supporting some of that history when I buy their shoes. Regardless of the quality, it would make a difference to me if they started exporting labor to China.


[/quote]Therefore checking a label at a store, will not give you the whole story... and salespeople really have no idea where the RRL Design House has their items produced. And as one may or may not know the PRL Corp. holds MANY secret in it's war chests... they don't want the consumer and even staff to know the quannity and where a item is really produced. The only one that really knows is the Chair of the Corp. Ralph Lauren himself.[/quote]

This is weird. Is it true?

[/quote]What they do however want you to trust is, in the product itself (no matter where it is made)..most RRL buyers/Collectors do trust the RRL label, therefore they really don't question the quality or where it was produced.[/quote]

I can see myself eventually becoming a big fan of RRL (I really like the stuff that I've seen), but I doubt I'll ever stop questioning the quality of any brand or where it is produced. Many great brands (too many to mention) start strong, continue strong, and then suddenly or gradually jump the shark and become crappy brands that you wouldn't dress your dog in. I don't see RRL doing that I obviously don't know a quarter of their history that you do. But nothing wrong with being a bit vigilante.
post #1449 of 20946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
theRRshop wrote: Therefore checking a label at a store, will not give you the whole story... and salespeople really have no idea where the RRL Design House has their items produced. And as one may or may not know the PRL Corp. holds MANY secret in it's war chests... they don't want the consumer and even staff to know the quannity and where a item is really produced. The only one that really knows is the Chair of the Corp. Ralph Lauren himself.

This is weird. Is it true?


Of course this is true, the saleperson doesn't always know everything about what they are selling... the NY RRL stores know me very well, but never can really give me an answer as to HOW MANY WERE MADE (as a collector you want to know this) and WILL THERE BE MORE COMING?
Or if the Tokyo store has a certain item.


One question I have been asking them for some time is what is the reason for the (early) WHITE RRL label... nobody there seems to know. But I believe the WHITE LABEL RRLS were produce for the RRL PARIS store, way back... the first three RRL boutiques were in LA, NY and PARIS.




So I have come to understand that the head office doesn't fill the selling staff in on everything.

But yes, you can always trust the RRL quality is there..... They NEVER let out a defective RRL piece.
post #1450 of 20946
RRL HISTORY:



post #1451 of 20946
Where would one buy a RRL chambray shirt? Anyone know of any retailers in Vancouver? OR an online shop that ships to Canada?
post #1452 of 20946
After a long quest, I finally landed some size 30 raw slim fits in indigo. Wearing them right now and I love them. Also, made in USA. (or at least the tag says they are)

They're snug, but i really like the fit, and the denim is sooo nice. It's gonna be fun breaking these in this summer.
post #1453 of 20946
Hello guys,

I do have one question. I´am lustign for some RRL Shell Darltons for some while now but actually 795$ is too much for me. I heard that these shoes go on sale every year for 40% off or something - is this true?

Do you guys know when this happens and if this is available to all customers or just to a few?

Thanks !

Simon.
post #1454 of 20946
Those shoes aren't RRL - they're Ralph Lauren.
post #1455 of 20946
Yeah, they're just Ralph Lauren. The sale is available to everyone, and should be coming up soon. You can sometimes get an additional 15% off the 40% sale price. Check in with an RL store and/or visit the forum thread devoted to sales and discounts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread