or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 942

post #14116 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Because I was making alot of money reselling from their two outlets.

How did they find out it was you?!
post #14117 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

How did they find out it was you?!

I was the only one going in there and spending $25k a month probably.
post #14118 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


I was the only one going in there and spending $25k a month probably.


Funny, I stop by Kittery regularly (once or twice a month) on my way to/from Portland for business. Not long ago one of the female SA's recognized me from my last couple of visits and asked me how often I buy things and if I resell on ebay.I thought it was odd.

post #14119 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post


Funny, I stop by Kittery regularly (once or twice a month) on my way to/from Portland for business. Not long ago one of the female SA's recognized me from my last couple of visits and asked me how often I buy things and if I resell on ebay.I thought it was odd.

Everyone that worked in both shops loved me. Managers would take me in the back and show me things not on the floor yet, i got discounts for no reason, it was great. Corporate on the other hand...

Sorry, back to RRL
post #14120 of 20128

You're using an online poll... from a website that is read by a specific demographic... all the way at the bottom of an article that does nothing but advocate the uniforms being made in China.  I think that's about on par with Fox News-level argumentation.

post #14121 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldomero View Post

You're using an online poll... from a website that is read by a specific demographic... all the way at the bottom of an article that does nothing but advocate the uniforms being made in China.  I think that's about on par with Fox News-level argumentation.

Do you have a better poll to support your argument? Lets see it. Or do you want to pass your worthless opinion off as fact. How very CNN like of you.
post #14122 of 20128
i love RRL. too bad its not as cool as it used to be with all the noobs wearing it now.
post #14123 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post


Do you have a better poll to support your argument? Lets see it. Or do you want to pass your worthless opinion off as fact. How very CNN like of you.

Pop the angst, I'm sweatin', woo... aren't we both just sharing our opinions?  Your opinion is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and other white-collar lawmakers used the Made in China debacle not to push their political agendas but because they are "too poor to afford Ralph Lauren" and are "jealous".  My opinion is that you won't see RRL denim be made in China this decade.

post #14124 of 20128
everyone has too many opinions here. Stick to the facts, bitches.
post #14125 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

i love RRL. too bad its not as cool as it used to be with all the noobs wearing it now.

What does that even mean?

post #14126 of 20128
Any richard-pryor-esque "must-buys" from the new season?
post #14127 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

I was the only one going in there and spending $25k a month probably.

Ah, that would do it!
post #14128 of 20128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

i love RRL. too bad its not as cool as it used to be with all the noobs wearing it now.

Can you clarify please?
post #14129 of 20128
Looks like therrshop is expanding his business to current RRL as well as vintage! I would have though this this would be below him and his "RRL lifestyle". He's definitely got some pretty cool stuff though, including this new with tags RL Country long-sleeve T - must be pretty damn rare.

Pity he's such a nut.
post #14130 of 20128
I went in to my local RRL shop at the weekend to have a good look at the new season collection. Hadn't been too bothered about it based on the pictures online but seeing it in the flesh really makes the difference. A lot of the pieces, especially in the new Indigo based collection (I forget what it's called), fit together really well and transform what look like fairly ordinary pieces from a distance into some really awesome outfits, as you'd expect.

Some of my favourite items include the following,





The pictures on the website really don't do the last item I posted justice. The fabric is really cool and it has an awesome shawl collar as well. I could see me using it as a layering piece just now, over a shirt and underneath a jacket and then just wearing it as a jacket as we swing in to summer. The only bad thing about it was that the shoulders on it were huge. I'm not sure if thats how these types of jackets are supposed to be or not, anyone have any idea?

I also tried on the new Slim Straight Rigids in the American made denim and to be honest I can see me actually buying a pair of these. I'm currently after something that fits similar to the Low Straights but has a higher rise and these almost fit the bill. The other thing I liked about them is that the denim isn't really heavy and would definitely be ideal when it gets warmer. I think its actually a good addition to the range as it offers something that they don't currently have.

I also had a good look at the henley myself and Robearh were talking about a few pages back. It is insanely beautiful in the flesh, the detail on it is gorgeous. There's no way I would ever pay full price for it but I may be tempted come sale time. I'm not sure what its like in the states but everything over here seems a little more expensive than usual. I dunno, maybe it was just the pieces I was looking at.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread