or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 941

post #14101 of 20878
Ok some details on the chambray based on some questions I've had. Bullet points to keep it quick

- fabric is very solid - not as light as oxford but not as heavy as flannel - almost has a lighter duck canvas feel to it
- triple stitched seams - very carhartt like
- could be worn year round unless in stifling heat
For size Medium
- sleeve (cuff to shoulder) = 26 inches
- collar to tail (front) = ~27.5 inches
- chest (seam to seam) = 22.25

Re: pics:
- laid flat, buttons buttoned
- size medium RRL flannel on top
- crappy iPad pics, sorry
- towel laid down for contrast, light blue bed spread + iPad = crappy pics
- sleeves about 1" longer than flannel
- hem about 2.5/3" (didn't measure, sorry) longer than flannel







post #14102 of 20878
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I sense this too, I believe they'll start making jeans in China eventually and eventually OE denim. Polo jeans come from China, Black Label from Tunisia or Turkey. Most of their bottoms are made in China that were once made in the USA. People don't want to pay $400 for a pair of RRL jeans and at 40-50% off they don't make enough profit. It's almost inevitable this will happen, once the label becomes more mainstream.

 

The raw/rinse jeans might stay based in the USA but made entirely of White Oak denims. They will probably release "limited edition" jeans that are made in the USA and of Japanese selvedge. Price will probably be somewhere in the $500-600 range and made in small batches of 50-100. Just my theories.

 

PRPS also switched production of jeans from Japan to China if that's indicative of anything. Their washes are still as good as anything I've ever seen so there is high hopes RRL's China made washes will still look great.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post



Completely agree. They've already proven with other labels and with RRL tops that they can move production to new countries and be successful. And I don't think quality will suffer in terms of workmanship.

I just really like the feel of the Japanese denim. Also, for me, the RRL denim hits a nice sweet spot between fashionable but not too trendy/hardcore/crazy and not old/staid. I don't care about the Sugurcane/Flathead/Samurai/whatever else hardcore jean comparisons, and I also don't want a pair of Diesels. These strike a really nice balance.

Basically, I just don't want them to change, because I like them as they are.

I don't know. i have a feeling they'll go the other way and start to bring more production back to the US from abroad, its just a feeling. They didn't need to move back to using US fabric in denim, but they did because they wanted to offer a 100% US made denim range. I think this will creep into the tops side. Who knows.

post #14103 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Ok some details on the chambray based on some questions I've had. Bullet points to keep it quick

cool to see some pics of comparison

the shirt on top is a western right? those do tend to run smaller than their workshirts, but yeah thats still a pretty big difference
post #14104 of 20878
nvm
post #14105 of 20878

We saw how the public reacted last time Ralph Lauren made something that was supposed to be special, in China.

post #14106 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

nvm

lol. Does this mean your ebay seller is on SF? Or did he just respond on ebay?
post #14107 of 20878
no i just found a workaround by not asking question on specific item and just searching for his name and then contact seller shog[1].gif
post #14108 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldomero View Post

We saw how the public reacted last time Ralph Lauren made something that was supposed to be special, in China.

I think Olympic uniforms are a bit more special than some mass produced, rehashed workshirts & jeans.

 

According to this Forbes Poll, a combined 46% were either indifferent or OK with RL uniforms coming from China.

 

Ironically whoever made a big deal of this was just trying to tarnish RL's good name, jealous they can't afford some Polo shirts, or obviously haven't purchased a Polo piece in their lives (or else they would know RL comes from China.) The biggest proponents for "made in USA" clothing still shop at walmart for the rest of their cheap Chinese goods and would never support designer clothing at full price, let alone made in USA prices.

 

Even the author of that article states she wants Polo uniforms to come from the USA/would love to support locally made USA brands, but ultimately shops at TJ maxx looking for the cheapest prices possible.

 

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

post #14109 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

laugh.gif
post #14110 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I think Olympic uniforms are a bit more special than some mass produced, rehashed workshirts & jeans.

According to this Forbes Poll, a combined 46% were either indifferent or OK with RL uniforms coming from China.

Ironically whoever made a big deal of this was just trying to tarnish RL's good name, jealous they can't afford some Polo shirts, or obviously haven't purchased a Polo piece in their lives (or else they would know RL comes from China.) The biggest proponents for "made in USA" clothing still shop at walmart for the rest of their cheap Chinese goods and would never support designer clothing at full price, let alone made in USA prices.

Even the author of that article states she wants Polo uniforms to come from the USA/would love to support locally made USA brands, but ultimately shops at TJ maxx looking for the cheapest prices possible.

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

Before I got banned from Barbour i had at least 2-3 people a month buy things and then demand refunds because they said they got fake goods due to the item not being made in the UK. Shit was annoying.
post #14111 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I think Olympic uniforms are a bit more special than some mass produced, rehashed workshirts & jeans.

According to this Forbes Poll, a combined 46% were either indifferent or OK with RL uniforms coming from China.

Ironically whoever made a big deal of this was just trying to tarnish RL's good name, jealous they can't afford some Polo shirts, or obviously haven't purchased a Polo piece in their lives (or else they would know RL comes from China.) The biggest proponents for "made in USA" clothing still shop at walmart for the rest of their cheap Chinese goods and would never support designer clothing at full price, let alone made in USA prices.

Even the author of that article states she wants Polo uniforms to come from the USA/would love to support locally made USA brands, but ultimately shops at TJ maxx looking for the cheapest prices possible.

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

Yeah, the whole Olympics flap was a bunch of BS. But RL should have seen it coming and been smarter about the PR effect.

I think one thing that is happening with the denim is that sourcing denim in the US rather than in Japan is less expensive, and the production in the US has become more viable. So it save costs, plus it still sounds good compared to Made in China/Philippines/etc.... I'm not sure how long they'd keep them made in the USA if the costs hadn't become more competitive in the last few years.
post #14112 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


Before I got banned from Barbour i had at least 2-3 people a month buy things and then demand refunds because they said they got fake goods due to the item not being made in the UK. Shit was annoying.

Banned from Barbour? Why?

post #14113 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Banned from Barbour? Why?

Because I was making alot of money reselling from their two outlets.
post #14114 of 20878
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Yeah, the whole Olympics flap was a bunch of BS. But RL should have seen it coming and been smarter about the PR effect.

I think one thing that is happening with the denim is that sourcing denim in the US rather than in Japan is less expensive, and the production in the US has become more viable. So it save costs, plus it still sounds good compared to Made in China/Philippines/etc.... I'm not sure how long they'd keep them made in the USA if the costs hadn't become more competitive in the last few years.

 

Yeah, I just found out Jcrew jeans cost real money.. Everyone's doing the Jap denim thing now.

 

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/Denim/PRDOVR~75175/75175.jsp

post #14115 of 20878
Quote:

 

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

Wait, you're telling me Ralph doesn't personally make this stuff! How dare he put his name on it.butbut.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread