or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 940

post #14086 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Ok some details on the chambray based on some questions I've had. Bullet points to keep it quick

cool to see some pics of comparison

the shirt on top is a western right? those do tend to run smaller than their workshirts, but yeah thats still a pretty big difference
post #14087 of 21784
nvm
post #14088 of 21784

We saw how the public reacted last time Ralph Lauren made something that was supposed to be special, in China.

post #14089 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

nvm

lol. Does this mean your ebay seller is on SF? Or did he just respond on ebay?
post #14090 of 21784
no i just found a workaround by not asking question on specific item and just searching for his name and then contact seller shog[1].gif
post #14091 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldomero View Post

We saw how the public reacted last time Ralph Lauren made something that was supposed to be special, in China.

I think Olympic uniforms are a bit more special than some mass produced, rehashed workshirts & jeans.

 

According to this Forbes Poll, a combined 46% were either indifferent or OK with RL uniforms coming from China.

 

Ironically whoever made a big deal of this was just trying to tarnish RL's good name, jealous they can't afford some Polo shirts, or obviously haven't purchased a Polo piece in their lives (or else they would know RL comes from China.) The biggest proponents for "made in USA" clothing still shop at walmart for the rest of their cheap Chinese goods and would never support designer clothing at full price, let alone made in USA prices.

 

Even the author of that article states she wants Polo uniforms to come from the USA/would love to support locally made USA brands, but ultimately shops at TJ maxx looking for the cheapest prices possible.

 

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

post #14092 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

laugh.gif
post #14093 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I think Olympic uniforms are a bit more special than some mass produced, rehashed workshirts & jeans.

According to this Forbes Poll, a combined 46% were either indifferent or OK with RL uniforms coming from China.

Ironically whoever made a big deal of this was just trying to tarnish RL's good name, jealous they can't afford some Polo shirts, or obviously haven't purchased a Polo piece in their lives (or else they would know RL comes from China.) The biggest proponents for "made in USA" clothing still shop at walmart for the rest of their cheap Chinese goods and would never support designer clothing at full price, let alone made in USA prices.

Even the author of that article states she wants Polo uniforms to come from the USA/would love to support locally made USA brands, but ultimately shops at TJ maxx looking for the cheapest prices possible.

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

Before I got banned from Barbour i had at least 2-3 people a month buy things and then demand refunds because they said they got fake goods due to the item not being made in the UK. Shit was annoying.
post #14094 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I think Olympic uniforms are a bit more special than some mass produced, rehashed workshirts & jeans.

According to this Forbes Poll, a combined 46% were either indifferent or OK with RL uniforms coming from China.

Ironically whoever made a big deal of this was just trying to tarnish RL's good name, jealous they can't afford some Polo shirts, or obviously haven't purchased a Polo piece in their lives (or else they would know RL comes from China.) The biggest proponents for "made in USA" clothing still shop at walmart for the rest of their cheap Chinese goods and would never support designer clothing at full price, let alone made in USA prices.

Even the author of that article states she wants Polo uniforms to come from the USA/would love to support locally made USA brands, but ultimately shops at TJ maxx looking for the cheapest prices possible.

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

Yeah, the whole Olympics flap was a bunch of BS. But RL should have seen it coming and been smarter about the PR effect.

I think one thing that is happening with the denim is that sourcing denim in the US rather than in Japan is less expensive, and the production in the US has become more viable. So it save costs, plus it still sounds good compared to Made in China/Philippines/etc.... I'm not sure how long they'd keep them made in the USA if the costs hadn't become more competitive in the last few years.
post #14095 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


Before I got banned from Barbour i had at least 2-3 people a month buy things and then demand refunds because they said they got fake goods due to the item not being made in the UK. Shit was annoying.

Banned from Barbour? Why?

post #14096 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Banned from Barbour? Why?

Because I was making alot of money reselling from their two outlets.
post #14097 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Yeah, the whole Olympics flap was a bunch of BS. But RL should have seen it coming and been smarter about the PR effect.

I think one thing that is happening with the denim is that sourcing denim in the US rather than in Japan is less expensive, and the production in the US has become more viable. So it save costs, plus it still sounds good compared to Made in China/Philippines/etc.... I'm not sure how long they'd keep them made in the USA if the costs hadn't become more competitive in the last few years.

 

Yeah, I just found out Jcrew jeans cost real money.. Everyone's doing the Jap denim thing now.

 

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/Denim/PRDOVR~75175/75175.jsp

post #14098 of 21784
Quote:

 

I've also had customers tell me my Polo/RRL pieces are fake because it's made in China and demand a refund. Some people seem to think if they scraped up $85 for a t-shirt it has to be made in the RRL ranch by Ralph himself.

Wait, you're telling me Ralph doesn't personally make this stuff! How dare he put his name on it.butbut.gif

post #14099 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Because I was making alot of money reselling from their two outlets.

How did they find out it was you?!
post #14100 of 21784
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

How did they find out it was you?!

I was the only one going in there and spending $25k a month probably.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread