Not mine, just a progress thread I've been following.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 10:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 938
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14057 of 238723/8/13 at 12:50pmpost #14058 of 238723/8/13 at 2:12pmpost #14059 of 238723/8/13 at 2:35pmpost #14060 of 238723/8/13 at 2:37pmpost #14061 of 238723/8/13 at 3:53pmpost #14062 of 238723/9/13 at 3:05pmpost #14063 of 238723/9/13 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
For some reason I keep looking at the Slim-Fit Roper-Wash Denim. They seem awesome. Has anyone tried them on?
Oh, and the Roscoff Windbreaker look pretty sweet. Nice details.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like that Roper-Wash denim. I think I have to stick to straight and low straight for fit, unfortunately.post #14064 of 238723/9/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
I have them in a 32 waist. they are awesome. quite a bit more distressed than the web image suggests. fit seems fairly standard for a slim fit. they are quite rigid - definitely not the softest pair.
I am tempted by the jacket too. I want to know what the weight of it is, as I picked up the Nelson jacket from the fall navy collection, and it doesn't seem too different.post #14065 of 238723/9/13 at 7:58pmpost #14066 of 238723/10/13 at 7:27am
the whiskers are more established. The fading is more obvious. overall, the colour is lighter. they are fantastic though. totally different to any of the other rrl denim pants. If in doubt, I'd say for them.post #14067 of 238723/10/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
The selection of straight leg models is lousy this season. There's only two online, and one of them, the bright sky, looks like an 80s wash.post #14068 of 238723/10/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
Yeah, I think they are moving to heavy reliance on the slim straight. I guess the straight legs don't sell well. Selection does suck lately.
I've been tempted to stock up on ebay finds, as I sense this fit is going away, along with the Japanese denim.
Edited by kmdsimpson - 3/10/13 at 1:26pmpost #14069 of 238723/10/13 at 12:32pmpost #14070 of 238723/10/13 at 1:10pm
I sense this too, I believe they'll start making jeans in China eventually and eventually OE denim. Polo jeans come from China, Black Label from Tunisia or Turkey. Most of their bottoms are made in China that were once made in the USA. People don't want to pay $400 for a pair of RRL jeans and at 40-50% off they don't make enough profit. It's almost inevitable this will happen, once the label becomes more mainstream.
The raw/rinse jeans might stay based in the USA but made entirely of White Oak denims. They will probably release "limited edition" jeans that are made in the USA and of Japanese selvedge. Price will probably be somewhere in the $500-600 range and made in small batches of 50-100. Just my theories.
PRPS also switched production of jeans from Japan to China if that's indicative of anything. Their washes are still as good as anything I've ever seen so there is high hopes RRL's China made washes will still look great.
- The Official RRL Thread
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 55 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina 757 Split Toe in Brown Scotchgrain - 8UK Forest 22 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...