Not mine, just a progress thread I've been following.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:47 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Official RRL Thread - Page 938post #14057 of 268663/8/13 at 12:50pmpost #14058 of 268663/8/13 at 2:12pmpost #14059 of 268663/8/13 at 2:35pmpost #14060 of 268663/8/13 at 2:37pmpost #14061 of 268663/8/13 at 3:53pmpost #14062 of 268663/9/13 at 3:05pmpost #14063 of 268663/9/13 at 3:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by hoit1981
For some reason I keep looking at the Slim-Fit Roper-Wash Denim. They seem awesome. Has anyone tried them on?
Oh, and the Roscoff Windbreaker look pretty sweet. Nice details.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like that Roper-Wash denim. I think I have to stick to straight and low straight for fit, unfortunately.post #14064 of 268663/9/13 at 4:13pmQuote:
I have them in a 32 waist. they are awesome. quite a bit more distressed than the web image suggests. fit seems fairly standard for a slim fit. they are quite rigid - definitely not the softest pair.
I am tempted by the jacket too. I want to know what the weight of it is, as I picked up the Nelson jacket from the fall navy collection, and it doesn't seem too different.post #14065 of 268663/9/13 at 7:58pmpost #14066 of 268663/10/13 at 7:27am
the whiskers are more established. The fading is more obvious. overall, the colour is lighter. they are fantastic though. totally different to any of the other rrl denim pants. If in doubt, I'd say for them.post #14067 of 268663/10/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
The selection of straight leg models is lousy this season. There's only two online, and one of them, the bright sky, looks like an 80s wash.post #14068 of 268663/10/13 at 12:14pmQuote:
Yeah, I think they are moving to heavy reliance on the slim straight. I guess the straight legs don't sell well. Selection does suck lately.
I've been tempted to stock up on ebay finds, as I sense this fit is going away, along with the Japanese denim.
Edited by kmdsimpson - 3/10/13 at 1:26pmpost #14069 of 268663/10/13 at 12:32pmpost #14070 of 268663/10/13 at 1:10pm
I sense this too, I believe they'll start making jeans in China eventually and eventually OE denim. Polo jeans come from China, Black Label from Tunisia or Turkey. Most of their bottoms are made in China that were once made in the USA. People don't want to pay $400 for a pair of RRL jeans and at 40-50% off they don't make enough profit. It's almost inevitable this will happen, once the label becomes more mainstream.
The raw/rinse jeans might stay based in the USA but made entirely of White Oak denims. They will probably release "limited edition" jeans that are made in the USA and of Japanese selvedge. Price will probably be somewhere in the $500-600 range and made in small batches of 50-100. Just my theories.
PRPS also switched production of jeans from Japan to China if that's indicative of anything. Their washes are still as good as anything I've ever seen so there is high hopes RRL's China made washes will still look great.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 18 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 24 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 29 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...