or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 936

post #14026 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Pretty sure they are Church's, they do MTO for RRL as well from what I understand, and the Bowerys too

Aren't bowerys cheaney?
post #14027 of 21193
Bowerys are made by Cheaney.
Seconds show up on ebay now and then identified as such.

The medallion on those RRL longwings


seems to match both Cheaney
http://www.styleforum.net/t/324136/cheaney-longwing-brogues-polished-black-size-us-10-5d

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&brandid=5&shoeid=5165


and Church's


of course the nail pattern on the heels seem to match C&J but then so do Grenson unless you compare them side by side.
The extra nails at the waist are a cool added detail.

C&J longwings for reference.
post #14028 of 21193

Hi everyone.

Can someone direct me to(other than eBay)where I can find RRL camo bifold wallets.  Use to see them a few years back but now can't seem to find any.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

post #14029 of 21193
Bowerys are definitely Cheaney. I had a pair of seconds with Cheaney insoles
post #14030 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post


Pretty sure they are Church's, they do MTO for RRL as well from what I understand, and the Bowerys too

RRL has MTO footwear?

post #14031 of 21193
Yeah my mistake.. you guys are right its Chenaey.. I got my Ch's mixed up...was a long day at work cut me some slack..

and yes RRL does MTO, call RRL in Melrose or NY and they should be able to help out

Aren't Church's owned by Cheaney anyway, or vice-versa? So possible the similarities aren't coincidence...

EDIT: Also here's a pair on eBay that I noticed a while back ago: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Joseph-Cheaney-MTO-WILBERFORCE-Brown-Calf-Leather-Brogues-Shoes-US-10-UK-9-/350647540135?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item51a438d9a7&_uhb=1#ht_2217wt_885

After seeing that I asked the SA in Melrose and they confirmed they do MTO
post #14032 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Yeah my mistake.. you guys are right its Chenaey.. I got my Ch's mixed up...was a long day at work cut me some slack..

and yes RRL does MTO, call RRL in Melrose or NY and they should be able to help out

Aren't Church's owned by Cheaney anyway, or vice-versa? So possible the similarities aren't coincidence...

EDIT: Also here's a pair on eBay that I noticed a while back ago: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Joseph-Cheaney-MTO-WILBERFORCE-Brown-Calf-Leather-Brogues-Shoes-US-10-UK-9-/350647540135?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item51a438d9a7&_uhb=1#ht_2217wt_885

After seeing that I asked the SA in Melrose and they confirmed they do MTO

Thanks for the info! Cheaney is owned by Church, which is owned by Prada. Wonder how much a pair of MTO RRL boots costs--probably gets close to EG RTW prices.

post #14033 of 21193

Not quite.  If I am correct it when a little like this ....

 

The Church's (the family) sold Church's (the shoe company) to Prada.

 

After a period of time, there was some boardroom drama - then the Church's (the family) left Church's (the shoe company)

 

The Church's (the family) then bought Cheaney's.

post #14034 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Yeah my mistake.. you guys are right its Chenaey.. I got my Ch's mixed up...was a long day at work cut me some slack..

and yes RRL does MTO, call RRL in Melrose or NY and they should be able to help out

Aren't Church's owned by Cheaney anyway, or vice-versa? So possible the similarities aren't coincidence...

EDIT: Also here's a pair on eBay that I noticed a while back ago: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Joseph-Cheaney-MTO-WILBERFORCE-Brown-Calf-Leather-Brogues-Shoes-US-10-UK-9-/350647540135?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item51a438d9a7&_uhb=1#ht_2217wt_885

After seeing that I asked the SA in Melrose and they confirmed they do MTO

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was attacking you for stating the LWBs were made by Church's.
I was taking a sick day from work so I had time to indulge my curiosity as to who may have made them.

That ebay seller you linked to is the one who seems to always have the Cheaney seconds including the RRL Bowery boots.
post #14035 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

That ebay seller you linked to is the one who seems to always have the Cheaney seconds including the RRL Bowery boots.

That seller is great. I bought a RRL Harris Tweed sports jacket from them a while back. It was an amazing price (I offered considerably less than the asking price) and the international shipping cost was low. I always check the store as they often have some very nice stuff.
post #14036 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

That seller is great. I bought a RRL Harris Tweed sports jacket from them a while back. It was an amazing price (I offered considerably less than the asking price) and the international shipping cost was low. I always check the store as they often have some very nice stuff.

Hmm, I may try to send him a decent offer then, but not a huge fan of longwings, although I can't help but think olive officer pants will look nice with the black longwings...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was attacking you for stating the LWBs were made by Church's.

No worries, but I guess my answer wasn't half-bad considering...
post #14037 of 21193
Say hello to a new trend:

300-RihannaJeans-03052013-jpg_171519.jpg

Double Top Jeans are the new 'thing'.. looks like the dude on the left from the other pic made them famous, I'm just going to give him credit for this
post #14038 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Say hello to a new trend:

300-RihannaJeans-03052013-jpg_171519.jpg

Double Top Jeans are the new 'thing'.. looks like the dude on the left from the other pic made them famous, I'm just going to give him credit for this

 

Funny.  I saw this exact picture an hour ago and thought.  LOL that's right from the RRL thread on SF - even though about posting it too.

 

I assume they are from the Rihanna for River Island Collection.

post #14039 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

I assume they are from the Rihanna for River Island Collection.

It bothers me that you can name a Rihanna collection as if it were from memory...
post #14040 of 21193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

It bothers me that you can name a Rihanna collection as if it were from memory...

LOL well it's posted in the backdrop. but no one is really looking at that, are they? everyone's peeping the jean on jean action.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread