or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 923

post #13831 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

Question on the slim fit New Black and Black wash...

 

I bought a pair back in September. I like them, but I don't nearly wear them enough because they're really stiff and just uncomfortable - they're the right size, just mostly due to the fabric. I'm usually all about wearing my jeans as long as possible before washing, but I'm thinking of doing that now to soften them up.

 

Is that a good or bad idea? Anyone have any experience with them? 

I don't think they'll lose their color on the first wash, if that's what you're asking.  But really, it sounds like a good problem to have.  

 

Here are my straight-leg rigids a couple of washes in:

 

post #13832 of 23120
Black on black is just overdyed right? Don't see any harm in washing since you aren't going for any fades. Will probably shrink a tiny bit but stretch out no probs.
post #13833 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgosaek21 View Post

u have to wait 2 weeks to receive it
then u will see this photo with me in akropoli
biggrin.gif
Lol, glad you got it man. I look forward to the pics.
post #13834 of 23120
How do the officer field chino fit? Waist true to size? I'm a 31 in classic straight denim and 32/31 in low straight denim. TYIA
post #13835 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

How do the officer field chino fit? Waist true to size? I'm a 31 in classic straight denim and 32/31 in low straight denim. TYIA

It's pretty TTS, but the selvedge ones do stretch a little. The rise has been lower in my experience, I wear a size 29.

On topic: Where are the officer chino's online (the khaki twill ones described as selvedge that go for $240), can't seem to find them anymore, but they were online, in several sizes, last week.
post #13836 of 23120
Question Time. does anybody know why in the UK the prices are so much higher than the USA for certain items but not for others.

Example, I bought the sulphur wash denim for £350ish.The USA price is $390. then the nautical arran style shawl collar cardigan lists at $695 in the USA. The UK price is £850!

can anyone explain this?
post #13837 of 23120

i m so anxious to get pants 

my plan is this 

starbucks cofee,rrl sweatpants with a zip hoodie,black beanie and the best sights in greece acropolis and parthenon 

post #13838 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgosaek21 View Post

i m so anxious to get pants 
my plan is this 
starbucks cofee,rrl sweatpants with a zip hoodie,black beanie and the best sights in greece acropolis and parthenon 

I'm enjoying your enthusiasm smile.gif
post #13839 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgosaek21 View Post

i m so anxious to get pants 
my plan is this 
starbucks cofee,rrl sweatpants with a zip hoodie,black beanie and the best sights in greece acropolis and parthenon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit View Post

I'm enjoying your enthusiasm smile.gif

This is going to be so awesome (in a good way) icon_gu_b_slayer[1].giffoo.gifnod[1].gif
post #13840 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgosaek21 View Post

i m so anxious to get pants 
my plan is this 
starbucks cofee,rrl sweatpants with a zip hoodie,black beanie and the best sights in greece acropolis and parthenon 

Swet baby Jesus, enough with the sweatpants already! You make me want to tear my fucking eyes out so I no longer feel inclined to read this thread.
post #13841 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgosaek21 View Post

i m so anxious to get pants 
my plan is this 
starbucks cofee,rrl sweatpants with a zip hoodie,black beanie and the best sights in greece acropolis and parthenon 

Hell yeah, amen brother! Nothing says giving up on life (and the EU) quite like enjoying the best sights in Greece while wearing designer sweatpants. ROCK ON!!
post #13842 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

It's pretty TTS, but the selvedge ones do stretch a little. The rise has been lower in my experience, I wear a size 29.

On topic: Where are the officer chino's online (the khaki twill ones described as selvedge that go for $240), can't seem to find them anymore, but they were online, in several sizes, last week.

In my experience, not TTS at all. 2" to 3" above tagged size in the waist.
post #13843 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post


In my experience, not TTS at all. 2" to 3" above tagged size in the waist.

I think upon first wear they are definitely true to size, but will stretch.  I am always a 32 and I went with a 31.  I have somewhat of a backside and they're still comfortable, so an ass-less person that wants a skinny fit may size down 2.

post #13844 of 23120
did anyone successfully tailor the denim selvedge officer chinos? results?

or more generally how do you successfully instruct a tailor to slim down jeans? how far up from leg opening to thigh does he have to take in? and for waist what do i tell him to do?

any insight would be great thanks!
post #13845 of 23120
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

did anyone successfully tailor the denim selvedge officer chinos? results?

or more generally how do you successfully instruct a tailor to slim down jeans? how far up from leg opening to thigh does he have to take in? and for waist what do i tell him to do?

any insight would be great thanks!


2nd that.

I got the denim chinos in 34 to accomodate for the thighs, but far too big in the waist and top block. The construction is different from the rigid officer chinos which seem more straightforward to modify. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread