or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 922

post #13816 of 23183
Still waiting on those sweatpants pics....icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #13817 of 23183

Hi, I saw this type 1 jacket recently.

 

 

I found the info on the tag interesting "rust proof buttons".

 

Was this something special when the type 1 jackets were introduced in the 30s?

They're just stainless steel buttons then, right?

A number of pants and jackets come with corroded buttons like the Transcontinental Denim Jacket.

So if the buttons are corroded it would indicate that the jacket style is from before the 30s?
 

post #13818 of 23183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RXS09 View Post

I went true to size on my RRL slims and they get too big after a week or two of constant wear. Should have sized down. :/

 

 

I sure hope this is true because I went true-to-size on these and they're still skin tight after a couple of days.  Could do with some stretching.

post #13819 of 23183

u have to wait 2 weeks to receive it

then u will see this photo with me in akropoli

biggrin.gif

post #13820 of 23183
I eagerly anticipate it's arrival.

In other news - anyone waiting for RRL to do some new designs instead of just new colors of the last two-three years designs? It seems a bit tired to me lately, IMO...
post #13821 of 23183
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13256262&cp=11588650.12337574&ab=ln_men_cs2_sale&view=99&parentPage=family


These are on sale, decent price. Would've copped, but personally saving up for something else...
post #13822 of 23183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13256262&cp=11588650.12337574&ab=ln_men_cs2_sale&view=99&parentPage=family


These are on sale, decent price. Would've copped, but personally saving up for something else...

These are great. Bought them when they went on sale during the fall. Also bought the Cliftons, but find myself wearing these more.

post #13823 of 23183
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Leer View Post

I eagerly anticipate it's arrival.

In other news - anyone waiting for RRL to do some new designs instead of just new colors of the last two-three years designs? It seems a bit tired to me lately, IMO...

I have bought less and more selectively as a result. Their designers need to crowdsource some ideas, or otherwise dig a little deeper for inspiration.

This was an amazing eBay auction
Were any of you bidders? I have purchased some great pieces from seller in the past (he is a former SA), and I had to send him a congratulatory note on this auction.
post #13824 of 23183

I was watching that auction, I doubt someone will end up paying for that item when the retail of their LE Beach jackets is typically around $850 and it was predominantly 2 morons fighting over it. I'll be waiting to see if he relists it. I also found it fishy he didn't bother to take good photos of it. Maybe he thought it wouldn't fetch anything.

 

In my experience only a BIN with Immediate Payment is legit. Putting auctions for costly items on ebay you will find mostly shill bidding from sellers and dealing with a lot of payment BS from buyers.

post #13825 of 23183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I was watching that auction, I doubt someone will end up paying for that item when the retail of their LE Beach jackets is typically around $850 and it was predominantly 2 morons fighting over it. I'll be waiting to see if he relists it. I also found it fishy he didn't bother to take good photos of it. Maybe he thought it wouldn't fetch anything.

In my experience only a BIN with Immediate Payment is legit. Putting auctions for costly items on ebay you will find mostly shill bidding from sellers and dealing with a lot of payment BS from buyers.


Or people from overseas who bid on things for fun. Ebay never does anything to stop them, even if they are reported multiple times.

To make things worse, when a buyer renegs, everyone thinks there's something fishy with the seller when the item is relisted, so they are leery of bidding. Same thing with second chance offers.

When I sell things (not often), I often only sell to the US for that reason.
post #13826 of 23183

I haven't done an auction style listing in over 5 years..  Ebay doesn't punish buyers anymore, only sellers. A seller that gets 3 listing violations or opens buyer's remorse aka "buyer protection" cases within 3 months will be on the verge of suspension by an automated system and this can take months to overturn (if at all.)

 

This is why BIN w/Immediate Payment eliminates 99% of ebay trolls.

post #13827 of 23183
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Leer View Post

I eagerly anticipate it's arrival.

In other news - anyone waiting for RRL to do some new designs instead of just new colors of the last two-three years designs? It seems a bit tired to me lately, IMO...

I have only been buying RRL over the last 5 seasons (less then 2 years) and I was just the other day thinking the same thing. bored.gif

post #13828 of 23183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I was watching that auction, I doubt someone will end up paying for that item when the retail of their LE Beach jackets is typically around $850 and it was predominantly 2 morons fighting over it. I'll be waiting to see if he relists it. I also found it fishy he didn't bother to take good photos of it. Maybe he thought it wouldn't fetch anything.

Seller is solid. I have transacted with him before and I have been pleased with the results. I messaged him after the auction to congratulate him and he admitted to being totally shocked by the results. I hope it works out for him, because he is a decent guy.
post #13829 of 23183
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Or people from overseas who bid on things for fun. Ebay never does anything to stop them, even if they are reported multiple times.

To make things worse, when a buyer renegs, everyone thinks there's something fishy with the seller when the item is relisted, so they are leery of bidding. Same thing with second chance offers.

When I sell things (not often), I often only sell to the US for that reason.

Selling to only the US pretty much kills you making any money. All the money is overseas. I sell records sometimes on ebay and vinyl will easily go for 3-4 times in Europe what its US value is so when I see sellers listing records as US only it blows my mind. The only real problem I have with overseas sellers is customs can take forever (especially in the UK) and they somehow think you can do something about it
post #13830 of 23183

Question on the slim fit New Black and Black wash...

 

I bought a pair back in September. I like them, but I don't nearly wear them enough because they're really stiff and just uncomfortable - they're the right size, just mostly due to the fabric. I'm usually all about wearing my jeans as long as possible before washing, but I'm thinking of doing that now to soften them up.

 

Is that a good or bad idea? Anyone have any experience with them? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread