The Official RRL Thread - Page 920
Styleforum Top Picks
Here's a denim shirt:
Forget that it's a particularly ugly shirt, there's a few problems with it:
1. RRL is pretty fond of using, and mentioning that they use, high rim japanese pearl snaps. These aren't them.
2. I've never seen it before. Unless vintage (which this is not as indicated by the tags) it's rare to see only one seller selling a style of shirt
3. coming from someone who has alot of RRL denim shirts, I don't own or have seen any RRL denim shirt with a snap button at the collar. They always have a regular button or star button, but never snap (levis, lee, and wrangler, yes, but not RRL)
4. Vintage or new, RRL denim shirts tend to be selvedge
5. I do not own and have never seen a RRL denim shirt with two snap buttons at cuff. Jcrew does this, but RRL always has the traditional three snap buttons at cuff
All of these apply to denim western shirts (not work shirts) which the shirt above clearly falls in the category of. From the very latest denim western to the older and vintage ones currently on ebay, all of them adhere to points above. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't know.....
Got to ask -- is this guy full of it? Claims NWT but that tag looks awfully suspicious. There is a Buy it Now option for $125 - may disappear with first bid placed.
Sorry but I'm really curious as I almost bought from this guy and he keeps posting supposedly NWT and NWOT items that look used. I'll try to let it go after this.
I have that jacket. It is a beautiful jacket and the suede is baby soft. However, it is NOT RRL it is simply Polo and came out in the fall of 2010 or 2011--I can't quite remember. Great fall jacket and I paid $500 for mine on sale at a RL boutique.
It looks like a great jacket, I was just questioning whether it was really NWT. Perhaps it really was, but he lists other items that he claims are NWOT and they look worn.
Heavier sweaters in Polo are always a little bit bigger. The thinner sweaters are usually more fitting to your body.
In RRL take everything above and it is slimmer by a tad bit.
This is very general and since things are seasonal in RRL, or one-off items, its better to buy both sizes and try each, and return the one you don't like...
Gotta be a troll...
In other news.. who here copped the JFK Bomber? I would've copped it if only I could find my briefcase with $700K in it...
No troll, his ebay account is actually registered to Greece and he has over 20fb.
Just makes you wonder about some people's desire to scour the intrawebz looking for overpriced sweatpants.
ETA: ROFL at that auction. Makes an RRL bomber look like a steal at only $1200.
Dude has emailed me three seperate times to find those awful sweatpants.
Looks like my original post got stuck in the "Lock Box of Doom."
Let me summarize my original post:
RRL western shirts. Where would one not pay retail besides eBay? $250 is a lot of money for one from the RRL store! Does RRL send western shirts to the RL outlets? There's an outlet in Carlsbad, CA. Would they stock this type of clothing? Any help is appreciated!