or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 912

post #13666 of 20945
Got my RRL shipment today.

Star Iron Shirt is unreal. The fabric is amazing. Fit feels like my Spellbound shirt - fitted like an old school workshirt.



Also got the wool buffalo-check cardigan and the zip-front trapper shirt. I love the wool on these - thick and soft. I really want to like it, but the trapper shirt is just a funny cut. The buffalo-check is awesome, but not sure if it's right for me, either.




Then was in a store today and scored this Black Label water resistant, hooded biker jacket on sale. This is really an amazing piece with a lot of details. Feels like oil cloth, but it's a water resistant cotton/poly blend. The cuffs are zip and snap with leather trim. Adjustable cords everywhere. Removable hood. Really awesome jacket

post #13667 of 20945
I agree. Back to my original point that if you are creating an original work of art there are better quality canvases to start with. RRL makes a great everyday jean.
post #13668 of 20945
Wearing the navy zip cardigan and the smoke grey jeans. Go Penn State!

photo image_zps5703f032.jpg
post #13669 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Then was in a store today and scored this Black Label water resistant, hooded biker jacket on sale. This is really an amazing piece with a lot of details. Feels like oil cloth, but it's a water resistant cotton/poly blend. The cuffs are zip and snap with leather trim. Adjustable cords everywhere. Removable hood. Really awesome jacket

 

 

Where did you find that jacket? I want one..

post #13670 of 20945

Hope you're a Large...

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13349638&cp=2871712.2877460&view=99&ab=ln_men_cs2_jackets&parentPage=family

 

...if not just call your local store and ask them to help you find it in your size.

post #13671 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post


Where did you find that jacket? I want one..

This has been on sale since Christmas. Both my local stores in Philly have them. I think I saw it online too.
post #13672 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post


Where did you find that jacket? I want one..

This has been on sale since Christmas. Both my local stores in Philly have them. I think I saw it online too.
post #13673 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post


This has been on sale since Christmas. Both my local stores in Philly have them. I think I saw it online too.

 

I never saw it online for some reason...and I'm a small :/
post #13674 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardB View Post

Hope you're a Large...

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13349638&cp=2871712.2877460&view=99&ab=ln_men_cs2_jackets&parentPage=family

...if not just call your local store and ask them to help you find it in your size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainshields View Post


Where did you find that jacket? I want one..

Does anyone know how these fit? I am a M in most RRL and Polo, are these sized fairly similarly or are the BL pieces noticeably slimmer?
post #13675 of 20945

I saw this exact jacket at Marshalls a few days ago, it was $299 IIRC. They also had these

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13073649&ab=crosssell_1_13349638_13073649

post #13676 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post


Does anyone know how these fit? I am a M in most RRL and Polo, are these sized fairly similarly or are the BL pieces noticeably slimmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

I saw this exact jacket at Marshalls a few days ago, it was $299 IIRC.

Yes, RLBL is noticeably slimmer than Polo; compared to RRL, I think it depends on the piece. It's more like the slim fitting RRL shirts.

As explained to me by a sales associate once, size from fullest to slimmest is Polo > Purple Label > Black Label. Purple Label tends to be tapered. Black Label is slim. I've found this to be the case on almost everything I've tried. RRL is across the range, depending on the piece.

When Stu00a said that he has to size up on Black Label suits, that is exactly how they fit. For example, if you are 40R in PRL, it's not unusual to have to go 42R in RLBL. That's obviously a smaller step than M to L, though.


And.. saw this in Marshalls? I'm surprised.

The Mariner Four-Pocket Jacket is $360 in RL stores now. And it does not look as dandyish as shown on the site. Call the McLean, VA store, if Dastig does not have it.
Edited by kmdsimpson - 2/9/13 at 5:19pm
post #13677 of 20945

My Marshalls and TJ runway store have plenty of PL and BL as well as high ticket Polo items. They have the "direct from Italy" section as well and sometimes get RRL suits. If you're ever at SoBe def go to the TJ runway store on 5th and Alton Rd.

post #13678 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Yes, RLBL is noticeably slimmer than Polo; compared to RRL, I think it depends on the piece. It's more like the slim fitting RRL shirts.

As explained to me by a sales associate once, size from fullest to slimmest is Polo > Purple Label > Black Label. Purple Label tends to be tapered. Black Label is slim. I've found this to be the case on almost everything I've tried. RRL is across the range, depending on the piece.

When Stu00a said that he has to size up on Black Label suits, that is exactly how they fit. For example, if you are 40R in PRL, it's not unusual to have to go 42R in RLBL. That's obviously a smaller step than M to L, though.


And.. saw this in Marshalls? I'm surprised. It's $360 in RL stores now. And it does not look as dandyish as shown on the site. Call the McLean, VA store, if Dastig does not have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

My Marshalls and TJ runway store have plenty of PL and BL as well as high ticket Polo items. They have the "direct from Italy" section as well and sometimes get RRL suits. If you're ever at SoBe def go to the TJ runway store on 5th and Collins.


Oh, I got mixed up. You are linking to the Peacoat.

Just to be clear, my comments and price are related to the Mariner Four-Pocket Jacket. I don't know how the Peacoat fits, but I assume it's the same.
post #13679 of 20945

They had both BL pieces and a couple more outerwear BL pieces I can't find on the website and a suede jacket.

post #13680 of 20945
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

They had both BL pieces and a couple more outerwear BL pieces I can't find on the website and a suede jacket.

My Marshalls and TJ Maxx are picked over. They never have anything worthwhile.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread