or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 905

post #13561 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Even though I find brown-based outfits really uninteresting in general, that's a great look, gnatty. Well done.

Thanks. The chinos are actually a wine/burgundy color, but they do seem to be translating as brown in that picture...
post #13562 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Thanks. The chinos are actually a wine/burgundy color, but they do seem to be translating as brown in that picture...

I have those chinos, and i have a difficult time matching pairs of shoes with it. Only complaint, other than they are terrific.
post #13563 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

I have those chinos, and i have a difficult time matching pairs of shoes with it. Only complaint, other than they are terrific.

I would think almost anything in the tan/brown family would work well. Black indies would probably look alright also, but I don't wear black shoes much. Going back and looking, if I didn't know the color of those chinos IRL, I'd swear they were brown also!
post #13564 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

I would think almost anything in the tan/brown family would work well. Black indies would probably look alright also, but I don't wear black shoes much. Going back and looking, if I didn't know the color of those chinos IRL, I'd swear they were brown also!

I have those AE Strand's in Walnut, basically your 'tan' color, and to clashy. So far Black seems safest, I just need to expand my footwear selection.
post #13565 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

Saw the new Slim Straight Rigids at the store yesterday. I didn't try them on so can't comment on fit, but I was disappointed in the denim itself. It felt thinner than the stock Japanese denim they've been using despite being marked at 16 oz. I'm not saying it was junk, but there's tons of American brand denim companies out there right now making okay stuff out of cone denim. I always liked RRL because there were doing something different and imo a higher level. I really hope this doesn't represent the new direction of their denim line. 

I have been sitting on a pair of RRL Low Straight Once Washed...debating on keeping them since I have the raws.

I love this Japanese denim. Guess I'll keep them if we can't expect the same going forward.
post #13566 of 20950
Got both of them (once washed 2 and rigid), difference is not easy to see....

they are great but i hope they don't shrink too much in lenght....
post #13567 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwedo View Post

Got both of them (once washed 2 and rigid), difference is not easy to see....

they are great but i hope they don't shrink too much in lenght....

I have the 1 wash and haven't experienced any shrinkage in length. The rigid will shrink in length.
post #13568 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I have the 1 wash and haven't experienced any shrinkage in length. The rigid will shrink in length.

thx for the answer,

they shrink a lot ? even with a cold water bath ?
post #13569 of 20950

Hi. I think I know the answer, but just in case...

 

I got a pair of RRL Low Straights in Spring Creek 2 wash. The thing is that the fades in the butt area are like too much compared to the rest of the jean. I got before another pair which was too big for me (up for sale on eBay, BTW) and the fades in that area not nearly as extreme.

 

 

My question is, in those fades the indigo is gone and that's it? Or is it some kind of coating which could go away if I wash them? I've had some pairs of jeans in the past (not RRL, but Diesels, PRPS and the like) which had some product to make them look dirty/used and that went away after several washes.

 

I mean, look at the difference (it's more noticiable IRL), they are both Spring Creek 2 and brand new:

 

 

 

Thanks in advance.

post #13570 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

Hi. I think I know the answer, but just in case...

 

I got a pair of RRL Low Straights in Spring Creek 2 wash. The thing is that the fades in the butt area are like too much compared to the rest of the jean. I got before another pair which was too big for me (up for sale on eBay, BTW) and the fades in that area not nearly as extreme.

 

 

My question is, in those fades the indigo is gone and that's it? Or is it some kind of coating which could go away if I wash them? I've had some pairs of jeans in the past (not RRL, but Diesels, PRPS and the like) which had some product to make them look dirty/used and that went away after several washes.

 

I mean, look at the difference (it's more noticiable IRL), they are both Spring Creek 2 and brand new:

 

 

 

Thanks in advance.

Because of the wash process, no two jeans are the same. In my experience, those kinds of marks are mostly permanent. They will fade over time, but so will the rest of the jeans. When buying rinsed jeans of this nature, I always compare multiple pairs if my size is available to pick the best one. I think what you're pointing out looks fine, but realize that for RRL jeans none of them are identical. 

post #13571 of 20950
Thought I missed a huge sale with 70s posts here, and oceansaway hit me up with your email I'll charge you just $100 markup to get you bowerys next time they are super cheap
post #13572 of 20950
has anyone seen the cordoba leather wallet in person? it's great, the attention to detail is kinda crazy. not my steez but i can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship. but the online photos make it look horrible!
post #13573 of 20950
Missed my damn 32×32 on the grey soot denim.....im pissed
post #13574 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez nuts View Post

has anyone seen the cordoba leather wallet in person? it's great, the attention to detail is kinda crazy. not my steez but i can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship. but the online photos make it look horrible!

I have the dark one from recent winter collection and find the hand tooling amazing.....it hold tons of stuff.

 

 If Ralph would ever offer a matching Ipad cover I would be all over that.

post #13575 of 20950
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

I have the dark one from recent winter collection and find the hand tooling amazing.....it hold tons of stuff.

 If Ralph would ever offer a matching Ipad cover I would be all over that.


thats really nice robear! i'm sure you've seen their "notepad holder" as well. yeah, you would think they would make something for iphones and ipads, but i guess its too new age for their steez haha.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread