or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 902

post #13516 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by xackexxo View Post

Oh in that case you may very well be right. I do love that blue polka from last season. What size do you have?

I've got a large. I can't believe I was on the fence about it at first as it's basically my go to shirt at the moment.
post #13517 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

I have just as much of a chance to buy something from a store as anyone else. So I dont give a shit if someone is mad im reselling. Its YOUR fault you didnt buy something when it went on its 3RD markdown, not mine. Almost every pair of boots I sell is to someone overseas with no access whatsoever to any RRL stuff in their country, or in Japans and the UKs case its extremely expensive even when on sale.

How can I buy it on the third markdown before the resellers swoop in like vultures / scurry around like rats and snatch up every last item? Say, do you also scalp Van Halen tickets outside the arena on weekends?
post #13518 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansaway View Post

How can I buy it on the third markdown before the resellers swoop in like vultures / scurry around like rats and snatch up every last item? Say, do you also scalp Van Halen tickets outside the arena on weekends?

Your logic seems a bit ridiculous considering that you have the same access to merchandise as anyone else. It'd also be wise to start a good relationship with a RRL sales rep. They will learn what you like and be more willing to let you know about price drops, to hunt down items, etc. if you continuously buy from them.

I can only say this because I used to think that way. If you see it and you want it. Buy it. If you don't have enough money, start a savings for the next season of RRL because there's usually always one item that's hot and sells out quickly, every season. nod[1].gif
post #13519 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by osadolor619 View Post

Your logic seems a bit ridiculous considering that you have the same access to merchandise as anyone else. It'd also be wise to start a good relationship with a RRL sales rep. They will learn what you like and be more willing to let you know about price drops, to hunt down items, etc. if you continuously buy from them.

I can only say this because I used to think that way. If you see it and you want it. Buy it. If you don't have enough money, start a savings for the next season of RRL because there's usually always one item that's hot and sells out quickly, every season. nod[1].gif

Look pal, thanks for the fatherly advice, but you're way off the mark. This has nothing to do with not being able to afford the items. I've probably been shopping RL longer than you've been alive.

It's just that, in my opinion, resellers are the lowest of the low, along with ticket scalpers (and parasites and leeches). And like scalpers, they act like they're doing everyone a big favor by sucking up supply and then ripping people off. They should get out of the sewer and get a real job. Now run along, son.
post #13520 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansaway View Post

How can I buy it on the third markdown before the resellers swoop in like vultures / scurry around like rats and snatch up every last item? Say, do you also scalp Van Halen tickets outside the arena on weekends?

Oh no you didn't!
post #13521 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansaway View Post


Look pal, thanks for the fatherly advice, but you're way off the mark. This has nothing to do with not being able to afford the items. I've probably been shopping RL longer than you've been alive.

It's just that, in my opinion, resellers are the lowest of the low, along with ticket scalpers (and parasites and leeches). And like scalpers, they act like they're doing everyone a big favor by sucking up supply and then ripping people off. They should get out of the sewer and get a real job. Now run along, son.


Why don't you pay MSRP for once in your life and finally get what you want!

 

Instead of being a cheap ass and waiting for 3rd or 4th markdowns and 70% off clearance sales and fighting countless resellers both domestic and foreign who obviously have much more money than you and obviously know what they're doing in the fashion biz.

 

Here's a newsflash, about 98% of boutiques worldwide are not authorized resellers of name brand clothing or trademarked products, that's why they invented outlets stores specifically FOR resellers to buy mountains of past-season clothing and protected by the First Sale Doctrine for this very reason. Welcome to capitalism.

 

What's pathetic are the self righteous assholes who sit around picking their butthole for months on end only to realize nobody is waiting for them to come along and pick and choose what they want at a measly fraction of retail. So fork it over and pay $850 plus tax to Ralphy and make him a bigger billionaire or $700-800 on ebay because resellers sure as hell don't work for free, do you?  Or get your lazy ass to an RRL store and hunt shit down for yourself.

 

What do you do for a living? Probably just that, ripping people selling some shitty product or doing some bullshit service(s). Takes one to know one, pal!

post #13522 of 20052
Holy shit..
post #13523 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansaway View Post

Look pal, thanks for the fatherly advice, but you're way off the mark. This has nothing to do with not being able to afford the items. I've probably been shopping RL longer than you've been alive.

It's just that, in my opinion, resellers are the lowest of the low, along with ticket scalpers (and parasites and leeches). And like scalpers, they act like they're doing everyone a big favor by sucking up supply and then ripping people off. They should get out of the sewer and get a real job. Now run along, son.

First of all, I didn't attack you, I attacked your statement so relax. People are allowed to disagree with you. You have THE SAME ACCESS as anyone else that lives in the U.S.A. If you can't do an in store purchase, do it over the phone or online. Simple as that. Some resellers suck ass, I completely agree. But I personally have resold items and I never mark them even close to retail. Also, I personally depend on some resellers because sometimes I miss an item and it pops up eBay. So RL SA's and even resellers are your friend. If you've been buying RL for SO long, I shouldn't have to be telling you any of this.
post #13524 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansaway View Post

Look pal, thanks for the fatherly advice, but you're way off the mark. This has nothing to do with not being able to afford the items. I've probably been shopping RL longer than you've been alive.

It's just that, in my opinion, resellers are the lowest of the low, along with ticket scalpers (and parasites and leeches). And like scalpers, they act like they're doing everyone a big favor by sucking up supply and then ripping people off. They should get out of the sewer and get a real job. Now run along, son.


So by buying something thats been on sale for over a month and about to go to an outlet im somehow fucking over the rest of the world who is waiting in the wings to buy that item only to have me swoop in seconds before?. Ok bud. FYI I have SA's calling me to try to get rid of their merchandise half the time. I dont think I'm really doing anyone a favor in the end besides myself, but dont try to say im swooping in and buying something from under you. Things have been at around 60-75% off for three weeks now and just yesterday Melrose sold 10 pairs of Bowery boots to a Japanese reseller. If after three weeks of being on sale you missed the chance to get something then youre either A) not paying attention, and/or B) dont really want it that bad
post #13525 of 20052
I can assure you I don't make a living by 'selling some shitty product or doing some bullshit service.' Your excuses are your own, scalper.
post #13526 of 20052
I never said you "attacked" me. You simply don't understand what I'm trying to get across, which is that I find resellers distasteful. Now I see you're one yourself, which explains your defensive reaction. Look how turning up the soil makes the earthworms squirm!
post #13527 of 20052

Earthworms are such an essential and integral part of the Circle of Life, thanks for the compliments!

post #13528 of 20052
glad i clicked on this thread for the lulz, thanks oceansaway
post #13529 of 20052
You guys just don't get it. This isn't about me missing out on a sale item. I'm just making a general statement on resellers. I think you guys are like used car salesmen and ticket scalpers. I hate to overuse the 'vulture' analogy, but it works well.
post #13530 of 20052
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL CLOTHING View Post

Earthworms are such an essential and integral part of the Circle of Life, thanks for the compliments!

hahaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread