or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 888

post #13306 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

Wow, didn't even catch these new ones. Looks interesting, especially the higher weight and the back pocket stitching that resembles the old low straight.

 

As for your question about the rise on low straights vs slim - the slim fit is a slightly lower rise. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but in looking more at these, I suspect they're actually Low Straights that have been mislabeled. They've done this before, only to correct it later. All the new seasonal styles adhere to their existing fits (straight, low straight, slim, slim bootcut) and I can't imagine them coming up with a completely different cut but keeping the details the same (in this case as the low straights). Like I said, maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't be surprised to see them change the description soon. 

 

As for the 16 oz American denim, I'm very curious to see what that feels like. 

post #13307 of 20947
$400 is well worth a purchase but at $800 to over $1000 I'll just keep looking at them. I need to start taking trips to the stores and outlets to find some of these deals. I have developed this obsession for RRL of late. I love how a single piece can carry a look. I use to look at their prices and think no way but now that iv got into Japanese denim the price seems reasonable.
post #13308 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but in looking more at these, I suspect they're actually Low Straights that have been mislabeled. They've done this before, only to correct it later. All the new seasonal styles adhere to their existing fits (straight, low straight, slim, slim bootcut) and I can't imagine them coming up with a completely different cut but keeping the details the same (in this case as the low straights). Like I said, maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't be surprised to see them change the description soon. 

As for the 16 oz American denim, I'm very curious to see what that feels like. 

You're wrong, they have a new cut. Saw the style books last week
post #13309 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

I have about 10 pairs myself. They were on sale down to about $380 at their lowest in store and all disappeared as soon as they went on sale.

They are Cheaney made. I had a pair of factory 2nds that had Cheaney insoles instead of the RRL ones since they never made it to RRL.

Anyone looking to get a pair should size down half a size from their normal size. (7.5 for me when im normally an 8)

Yeah I recall the SA in Melrose told me they sold out wicked fast, tried to get myself a pair, but they are back at retail price again.
post #13310 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

You're wrong, they have a new cut. Saw the style books last week

I'm most curious if it is simply the Straight Leg cut with slimmer thighs and what the rise is like.
post #13311 of 20947

Has anyone handled these? How do they fit? Size down one?

They look amazing. Especially the first pair. The denim seems really unique.

Deadstock Buckleback Jean

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17408796&cp=11588650.12138266&ab=ln_men_cs2_denim&view=99&s=D-StorePrice-POLO&pg=1&parentPage=family

 

 


1936 Buckle-Back Dark Denim

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17408726

 

post #13312 of 20947
Are they the new bucklebacks with the green selvage? If so, I seen one of the guys in store wearing them before christmas and they looked pretty cool. Note that they are the straight fit rather than the slim fit of last years if its the same one.

Didn't try them on but they are nice. I've found RRL to be consistent so I'd go with your normal size in RRL denim (although some people seem to size up on the slims due to the thighs but that didn't work for me).
post #13313 of 20947

Not really sure what my RRL size is LOL

I got the Low Straights in 33. The thighs fit pretty well (32 might have been too tight, didn't have a chance to try on), but the waist is too wide.

I got the Rigid Twill Officer Chinos in 32. Very good fit.

Then I have some others like Ticking Stripe and canvas in 34, also fitting very well. 

Since both are straight fits, 32 might be the way to go.

 

Don't know about the selvage of these.

Do you think it was the first pair with the hairy fabric or the second darker indigo buckle back pair?

post #13314 of 20947
I am a 34x30. In officer chinos I wear 33x30. I could do 32 in the waist but the thighs would be really snug.

I just got my first pair of RRL jeans. They are Straight leg and I went down to 31x30. They are tight but not super uncomfortable. I expect them to stretch well. Hope that helps.
post #13315 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC Demon View Post

I am a 34x30. In officer chinos I wear 33x30. I could do 32 in the waist but the thighs would be really snug.

I just got my first pair of RRL jeans. They are Straight leg and I went down to 31x30. They are tight but not super uncomfortable. I expect them to stretch well. Hope that helps.

Sounds exactly like me. I went to the 32W in straight leg and they fit perfect..
post #13316 of 20947
Just finished listing the belts I found. You can view them here or by clicking the link in my signature. Let me know if there's anything you like the look of. Cheers!
post #13317 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Just finished listing the belts I found. You can view them here or by clicking the link in my signature. Let me know if there's anything you like the look of. Cheers!

Careful with your posting, I think its violating the TOS - unless I'm mistaken.

Great belts though
post #13318 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Careful with your posting, I think its violating the TOS - unless I'm mistaken.

Great belts though

Really?! What am I doing wrong?
post #13319 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Really?! What am I doing wrong?

Asking for 4% on top of the price you list to avoid paypal fees.
post #13320 of 20947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Asking for 4% on top of the price you list to avoid paypal fees.

I didn't know that was against the rules. I read in Section 7 that you aren't allowed to ask for personal payments, but I had never heard that you can't ask the buyer to cover the PayPal fees. Well, I guess that if it proves to be a problem I'll change the listing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
7. Please do not list any payment terms that are against the terms of service for any other website, or do anything that would make us have to phone our lawyer (because we will take down the listing, and you may be banned or fined.) For example, please do not ask for “personal payments,” from Paypal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread