or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 858

post #12856 of 21562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopike343 View Post

Thanks! How are the thighs on those? Is there much difference in the thighs between the regular and the slims? Did you size down or go TTS on those?

My true size is 32. Exept for RRL and JeanShop where it's 30/32 (RRL chinos, jean shop rocker)

I have 2 Straight Legs in 31/32 and had to downsize (between 1 and 2 size) both of them by alteration (waist, bottom and legs).

waist stays a bit too hight for me....

Now, I have 1 Low Straight in 30/32 in rigid and the size seems perfect, except "a little too much" low rise waist.... Yes i'm a complicated man. So, it's tight but it's a rigid, so i can expect stretching...

When I tried Slim Fit and Slim Bootcut, size 31 was ok (in the fitting room, so, before stretching...)

that is why I asked for the difference between SB in 31 and LS in 30..Are they so similar ? Exept maybe the "small bootcut from the knees...."

'hope, my english is comprehensible....
post #12857 of 21562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophy101 View Post

Has anyone ordered the RRL Slouch Sweatpants? The search for "the perfect sweatpants" continues, and being as though RRL gets just about everything else right, was wondering if anyone had any input on these. Thanks

Currently my go to comfort piece when I get home. Great weight, fit (1 size smaller) and color (go with everything) I also really love the blue cutoff sweatpants from the spring collection.

 

Another vote to get therm from me.

post #12858 of 21562
Has anyone tried the Chambray Steamfitter Shirt? Look awesome!



Also, what the deal with the Medium Straight Denim? Significantly different from Low Straight?

Interesting looking Cafe Racer.

Kind of like the look of this Khaki Denim in Slim Fit too... Think they got the price right at $220?
post #12859 of 21562
Has anyone picked up the Naval Wool Shawl Overshirt? Any comments on the fit?

post #12860 of 21562
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

Currently my go to comfort piece when I get home. Great weight, fit (1 size smaller) and color (go with everything) I also really love the blue cutoff sweatpants from the spring collection.

Another vote to get therm from me.

I agree, the sweatpants are great. Although in this instance, sizing down is probably a good idea.

I missed out on the pants from the Spring collection. Bummed about that. Did you size down in those as well?
post #12861 of 21562
Just received this felted print sweater
Great RRL piece. I highly recommend it.
post #12862 of 21562
would def get steamfitter when on sale ... looks great
post #12863 of 21562
Medium straight is a new fit which has the rise of straight leg with same overall fit as the Low Straight. Good for those who wear shirts tucked in. Also they are switching to Cone denim
post #12864 of 21562

How do the Buckle-Backs compare to the regular Straight Leg fit jeans? Size up, down, the same?

post #12865 of 21562
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post

Medium straight is a new fit which has the rise of straight leg with same overall fit as the Low Straight. Good for those who wear shirts tucked in. Also they are switching to Cone denim

Everything about this jean looks to me like a Low Straight that has been mislabeled. The pocket stiching, the lack of back pocket rivets (that did exist on the Low Straights a few years ago), the double reinforced stiching on the fly attachment.

 

I am surprised though that they are using a lighter weight denim (12.5 oz) and switching another (non-Japanese) supplier. And by surprised I might somewhat disappointed... 

post #12866 of 21562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

I am surprised though that they are using a lighter weight denim (12.5 oz) and switching another (non-Japanese) supplier. And by surprised I might somewhat disappointed... 

Lower weight denim is only due to the fact these are for SS13. Not too thrilled about the switch to Cone either but they are supposed to be custom fabrics and not the same used by every other brand using Cone
post #12867 of 21562
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post

Lower weight denim is only due to the fact these are for SS13. Not too thrilled about the switch to Cone either but they are supposed to be custom fabrics and not the same used by every other brand using Cone

They going to be using Cone for all denim?!
post #12868 of 21562
sucks. goodbye rrl. another line of shitting soft formless repro denim.
post #12869 of 21562
Can someone explain what is so bad about Cone?

I have a pair of Rugby Cone denim, made in USA - North Carolina, I believe. They seem to be great, about a year of normal use and they seem to be great to me still. They are still Rigid, keeping a good shape, and some nice pine cones (which I enjoy) around the knees.


The pair of jeans in question: http://www.selectism.com/2010/08/20/rugby-slim-denim-with-necktie/
Quote:
A nice little parcel arrived this afternoon at our office in Boston. The folks at Rugby sent over this package containing a limited edition pair of U.S.A. made selvedge slim denim with matching a (Italian made) necktie. The denim is produced domestically at “Cone Denim’s White Oak Plant, one of the oldest denim mills in the United States.” 100 pairs of the denim were produced and “rendered in ultra-dark indigo-wash.” The necktie comes in a mid width silk finish with a proper skull hit (the same hit is found on the matching patch on the denim. They toss in a “Rule of the Game” stylebook to remind us of how gents should be. Well done overall.
post #12870 of 21562
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit View Post


I agree, the sweatpants are great. Although in this instance, sizing down is probably a good idea.
I missed out on the pants from the Spring collection. Bummed about that. Did you size down in those as well?

I did but I generally size down with all sweatpants and pajama bottoms.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread