Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 3:46 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 858post #12856 of 2368312/13/12 at 9:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12857 of 2368312/13/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I agree, the sweatpants are great. Although in this instance, sizing down is probably a good idea.
I missed out on the pants from the Spring collection. Bummed about that. Did you size down in those as well?post #12858 of 2368312/13/12 at 11:00ampost #12859 of 2368312/13/12 at 11:31ampost #12860 of 2368312/13/12 at 11:41ampost #12861 of 2368312/13/12 at 11:46ampost #12862 of 2368312/13/12 at 11:50amQuote:
Everything about this jean looks to me like a Low Straight that has been mislabeled. The pocket stiching, the lack of back pocket rivets (that did exist on the Low Straights a few years ago), the double reinforced stiching on the fly attachment.
I am surprised though that they are using a lighter weight denim (12.5 oz) and switching another (non-Japanese) supplier. And by surprised I might somewhat disappointed...post #12863 of 2368312/13/12 at 12:17pmQuote:
Lower weight denim is only due to the fact these are for SS13. Not too thrilled about the switch to Cone either but they are supposed to be custom fabrics and not the same used by every other brand using Conepost #12864 of 2368312/13/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
They going to be using Cone for all denim?!post #12865 of 2368312/13/12 at 12:22pmpost #12866 of 2368312/13/12 at 12:45pmCan someone explain what is so bad about Cone?
I have a pair of Rugby Cone denim, made in USA - North Carolina, I believe. They seem to be great, about a year of normal use and they seem to be great to me still. They are still Rigid, keeping a good shape, and some nice pine cones (which I enjoy) around the knees.
The pair of jeans in question: http://www.selectism.com/2010/08/20/rugby-slim-denim-with-necktie/Quote:A nice little parcel arrived this afternoon at our office in Boston. The folks at Rugby sent over this package containing a limited edition pair of U.S.A. made selvedge slim denim with matching a (Italian made) necktie. The denim is produced domestically at “Cone Denim’s White Oak Plant, one of the oldest denim mills in the United States.” 100 pairs of the denim were produced and “rendered in ultra-dark indigo-wash.” The necktie comes in a mid width silk finish with a proper skull hit (the same hit is found on the matching patch on the denim. They toss in a “Rule of the Game” stylebook to remind us of how gents should be. Well done overall.post #12867 of 2368312/13/12 at 12:53pmQuote:
I did but I generally size down with all sweatpants and pajama bottoms.post #12868 of 2368312/13/12 at 12:55pmpost #12869 of 2368312/13/12 at 1:30pm
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › RAW denim crotch wear out 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Suits in Tokyo 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...