Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 8:42 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 858post #12856 of 2552512/13/12 at 9:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12857 of 2552512/13/12 at 10:48amQuote:
I agree, the sweatpants are great. Although in this instance, sizing down is probably a good idea.
I missed out on the pants from the Spring collection. Bummed about that. Did you size down in those as well?post #12858 of 2552512/13/12 at 11:00ampost #12859 of 2552512/13/12 at 11:31ampost #12860 of 2552512/13/12 at 11:41ampost #12861 of 2552512/13/12 at 11:46ampost #12862 of 2552512/13/12 at 11:50amQuote:
Everything about this jean looks to me like a Low Straight that has been mislabeled. The pocket stiching, the lack of back pocket rivets (that did exist on the Low Straights a few years ago), the double reinforced stiching on the fly attachment.
I am surprised though that they are using a lighter weight denim (12.5 oz) and switching another (non-Japanese) supplier. And by surprised I might somewhat disappointed...post #12863 of 2552512/13/12 at 12:17pmQuote:
Lower weight denim is only due to the fact these are for SS13. Not too thrilled about the switch to Cone either but they are supposed to be custom fabrics and not the same used by every other brand using Conepost #12864 of 2552512/13/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
They going to be using Cone for all denim?!post #12865 of 2552512/13/12 at 12:22pmpost #12866 of 2552512/13/12 at 12:45pmCan someone explain what is so bad about Cone?
I have a pair of Rugby Cone denim, made in USA - North Carolina, I believe. They seem to be great, about a year of normal use and they seem to be great to me still. They are still Rigid, keeping a good shape, and some nice pine cones (which I enjoy) around the knees.
The pair of jeans in question: http://www.selectism.com/2010/08/20/rugby-slim-denim-with-necktie/Quote:A nice little parcel arrived this afternoon at our office in Boston. The folks at Rugby sent over this package containing a limited edition pair of U.S.A. made selvedge slim denim with matching a (Italian made) necktie. The denim is produced domestically at “Cone Denim’s White Oak Plant, one of the oldest denim mills in the United States.” 100 pairs of the denim were produced and “rendered in ultra-dark indigo-wash.” The necktie comes in a mid width silk finish with a proper skull hit (the same hit is found on the matching patch on the denim. They toss in a “Rule of the Game” stylebook to remind us of how gents should be. Well done overall.post #12867 of 2552512/13/12 at 12:53pmQuote:
I did but I generally size down with all sweatpants and pajama bottoms.post #12868 of 2552512/13/12 at 12:55pmpost #12869 of 2552512/13/12 at 1:30pm
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 49 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 50 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 10 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...