or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 839

post #12571 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

I think its more of the maker of the jacket and the jacket style, rather than your body size, since those are wavering and your body size really shouldn't be wavering too much comparatively...

Yeah, true. I guess where I was coming from is that if you're a wee bit tubby like me a slimmer fitting/cut suit often means you sometimes have to size up to get it to fit properly as your normal size just won't be flattering but that in itself can leave other problems. Having said that, I've always bought the same size in the suits I have from RRL so it sounds like you know more about this sort of thing than I do (which isn't hard to be fair). I was just trying to say that most of the suits I've tried on have been my normal size but a couple have been a bit slimmer in both the jacket and the trousers so its hard to make a generalisation.

I'd also agree that the quality is top notch. The fabrics are always really interesting that you don't really see anywhere else. I did try on the current tweed suit the last time I was in. Almost picked it up, especially as there weren't many left but I think I'll risk leaving it to sale time.
post #12572 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post


Yeah, true. I guess where I was coming from is that if you're a wee bit tubby like me a slimmer fitting/cut suit often means you sometimes have to size up to get it to fit properly as your normal size just won't be flattering but that in itself can leave other problems. Having said that, I've always bought the same size in the suits I have from RRL so it sounds like you know more about this sort of thing than I do (which isn't hard to be fair). I was just trying to say that most of the suits I've tried on have been my normal size but a couple have been a bit slimmer in both the jacket and the trousers so its hard to make a generalisation.
I'd also agree that the quality is top notch. The fabrics are always really interesting that you don't really see anywhere else. I did try on the current tweed suit the last time I was in. Almost picked it up, especially as there weren't many left but I think I'll risk leaving it to sale time.

I have a question about the suit jackets.  I have a couple sport coats that were made a few years ago before the more recent suits were made.  When I got mine, they didn't have the fake button holes sewn in, so you could easily alter the sleeves and move the buttons.  Does anyone have experience with moving the buttons on the newer jackets where the fake holes are embroidered on, specifically in removing all that stitching?  I'm worried it might ruin the fabric.  I never could figure out why manufacturers were so hell-bent on doing that, since most people are going to have to alter sleeves somewhat.  

post #12573 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

I would say fit varies on what you are getting. Although RRL suiting can only be bought from a couple of stores. Quality is top-notch - I would say its up to par with RLBL and in some uncommon cases RLPL.

RRL suiting fits little bit on the tight side. I usually wear 40R in PRL and RLPL, I had to size up one in RRL and RLBL.

RRL suitings are made by Caruso, which is same manufacturer for RLBL.
post #12574 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

I would say fit varies on what you are getting. Although RRL suiting can only be bought from a couple of stores. Quality is top-notch - I would say its up to par with RLBL and in some uncommon cases RLPL.

Do we know who makes RRL suiting? Caruso as well?
post #12575 of 21178
I remember trying on a tweedy RRL sport coat made by Corneliani a couple years ago.
It was definitely slimmer than a similar Corneiliani made for Polo.
post #12576 of 21178
Does anyone have any experience with their Officer Chinos? They look nice and I've been looking for them on sale or maybe second hand but the smallest size I see (including new on their website and complex) is a 30x32. Do they make them in a 28 or 29 waist?
post #12577 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Does anyone have any experience with their Officer Chinos? They look nice and I've been looking for them on sale or maybe second hand but the smallest size I see (including new on their website and complex) is a 30x32. Do they make them in a 28 or 29 waist?

I don't think anyone here is familiar with them, honestly...


But I kid... ofcourse we are.

They are terrific, and the Sz 28/29 does exist, but a bit harder to come by especially after a sale... try to call a few stores, or Customer Service and see if they can help locate what you are looking for.
post #12578 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post

RRL suiting fits little bit on the tight side. I usually wear 40R in PRL and RLPL, I had to size up one in RRL and RLBL.
RRL suitings are made by Caruso, which is same manufacturer for RLBL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumercindo View Post

Do we know who makes RRL suiting? Caruso as well?

There's your answer. Although you can find some here and there that are not Caruso, the ones that are Made in Italy are Caruso made, and yes do fit tighter.
post #12579 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

I don't think anyone here is familiar with them, honestly...
But I kid... ofcourse we are.
They are terrific, and the Sz 28/29 does exist, but a bit harder to come by especially after a sale... try to call a few stores, or Customer Service and see if they can help locate what you are looking for.
Thanks a lot, I'll do that. I'm very happy to hear they make my size since they're pretty much number one on my "to buy" list right now. Also glad to here that they're terrific.
How's the fit? I think I read somewhere they wear a bit like raw denim and will stretch a bit as they loosen up. Should I consider getting the 28 even if I might normally get a 29?
post #12580 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Thanks a lot, I'll do that. I'm very happy to hear they make my size since they're pretty much number one on my "to buy" list right now. Also glad to here that they're terrific.
How's the fit? I think I read somewhere they wear a bit like raw denim and will stretch a bit as they loosen up. Should I consider getting the 28 even if I might normally get a 29?

If you get the selvedge chinos, then yes it will stretch, if not then you might be fine with a 29.

I like the thighs and leg opening of the 28, but the waist was a tad bit tight on me (non-selvedge), so I went with a 29. Easily one of the best purchases I've made all year.
post #12581 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbnyc View Post

I have a question about the suit jackets.  I have a couple sport coats that were made a few years ago before the more recent suits were made.  When I got mine, they didn't have the fake button holes sewn in, so you could easily alter the sleeves and move the buttons.  Does anyone have experience with moving the buttons on the newer jackets where the fake holes are embroidered on, specifically in removing all that stitching?  I'm worried it might ruin the fabric.  I never could figure out why manufacturers were so hell-bent on doing that, since most people are going to have to alter sleeves somewhat.  

I've had the arms shortened on all my jackets by about half an inch to an inch. I haven't noticed any issues. I'm away from home at the moment but will take a look when I get back for you.
post #12582 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Does anyone have any experience with their Officer Chinos? They look nice and I've been looking for them on sale or maybe second hand but the smallest size I see (including new on their website and complex) is a 30x32. Do they make them in a 28 or 29 waist?

The officer chinos are generous in the waist so you usually have to size down from your regular size. I am a size 34 but in the officer chinos I am a size 33. Actually the OC waist in a 32 fits best for me but then they are a little snug in the thigh.

post #12583 of 21178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

Sell or keep? So back in forth on these, some days think they too tight and other days i think they are fine other than slightly tight int the arse.. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A232DD4D-659F-416C-AC5C-EEC3C65DB822-10920-000014F84CC888D6.jpg
624F6FCD-52A3-42C7-BF0C-9B786BA7BF12-10920-000014F8B8418767.jpg
7BC0FEA0-AEFF-4F62-A78E-84451788545F-10920-000014F857C083EA.jpg

These look good...I don't see them as tight at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

This is against StyleForums B&S rules, specifically, requesting to send a payment as a 'gift'.

Not against the rules if its not in B&S, though a bit dubious to request it from someone you don't know. If someone puts out their cash to get someone something, "gift" would be a completely applicable way of repayment. If the SA wants to make a profit, then you'd need to add the 4%, but if its not through B&S, whatever should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

Does anyone have any experience with their Officer Chinos? They look nice and I've been looking for them on sale or maybe second hand but the smallest size I see (including new on their website and complex) is a 30x32. Do they make them in a 28 or 29 waist?

I have the selvedge officer chinos in a 31, I'm usually a 33 in most stuff. Got mine from Context, cause even the RRL store on West Broadway didn't have my size.
post #12584 of 21178
post #12585 of 21178

Does the RL site have another price drop or no?

If so, when would that usually be?

Thanks guys!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread