Personally the Billy Reid one is much nicer in all aspects compared to the RRL one. Wasn't too impressed given price tag in store for the RRL
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 832post #12466 of 2554111/11/12 at 3:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12467 of 2554111/11/12 at 4:31pmpost #12468 of 2554111/11/12 at 5:04pm
I have 7 tj maxx/marshalls within 20 minutes of where I live and I've never seen a single RRL item.
If anyone finds ANY pair of RRL slim pants or jeans in 29 or 30 waist at that price buy them and I'll give you a few extra bucks and shipping :)
Edited by captainshields - 11/11/12 at 8:15pmpost #12469 of 2554111/11/12 at 5:25pmpost #12470 of 2554111/11/12 at 7:24pmIve been to 4 TJ Maxx/Marshalls by me and found 4 pairs of really ugly Slim Bootcuts in one of them and thats it. Those stores just buy palette sized containers of clothes and its a random mix of whats inside, its not like they get in a shipment of RRL stuff.
Edited by Dave_SFU - 11/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #12471 of 2554111/11/12 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ha this just made my night.post #12472 of 2554111/11/12 at 8:15pmpost #12473 of 2554111/11/12 at 11:09pmSpeaking of Marshalls / TJ Maxx, was cleaning through a random pile of clothes I've had lying around and found a pair of Dockers Made in USA pants that I picked up for $12. Similar to officers chino fit and felled seams and other nice construction details like bucklebacks
Similar to this pair here:
http://us.dockers.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11158741&cp=2271557.11162321&pg=1&parentPage=family&s=D-StorePrice-DOC&parentPage=familypost #12474 of 2554111/12/12 at 7:56amQuote:
Glad you went for it. I'm actually in the exact same situation as you - I wear a size 14 in everything except I can get away with a 13 in converse - and the Washington's in a 13 fit perfectly. So good in fact that I'm wondering if all the boots are sized this way?post #12475 of 2554111/12/12 at 8:20amQuote:
really? why??? the rrl one (not officer's with longer length and oxidized buttons) is a repro and same price as billy reid... other than the fad of having what bond wore in movie, whats better? leather collar trim and slimmer lapel? i like the rrl's huge dracula looking collar to block wind and the bond one looks much thinner than the rrl one but never saw the bond one in person so i can only judge based on picspost #12476 of 2554111/12/12 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
really? why??? the rrl one (not officer's with longer length and oxidized buttons) is a repro and same price as billy reid... other than the fad of having what bond wore in movie, whats better? leather collar trim and slimmer lapel? i like the rrl's huge dracula looking collar to block wind and the bond one looks much thinner than the rrl one but never saw the bond one in person so i can only judge based on pics
Material felt a lot better on the Billy Reid one compared to RRL officers as poster said Gold buttons and price would be a little more on sale. Design wise I think the one you have is best.post #12477 of 2554111/12/12 at 10:01ampost #12478 of 2554111/12/12 at 1:35pm
Somebody buy these before I do. I've been looking for a cheap pair 28/29x30 one wash slim fits for months. These are so close but I know they'd be too big after stretching.post #12479 of 2554111/12/12 at 1:40pmQuote:
How do you like the billy reid coat - i've never seen it, any comments on the fabric? I'm personally not a fan of the small collar with the peak.
The RRL officers is definitely not worth the $1200 (i don't think i would buy any peacoat for that price), but it is a nice coat and on sale is a great piece, with a great fit and a much more refined fabric than the repros. I've tried on the RRL peacoat ($690) and also buzz ricksons at $1000+ but these are just too thick and rough which while i understand are supposed to be true to heritage but too much for me and probably the average person.
- The Official RRL Thread
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Burberry Wallet 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What toos do you need to get a really good...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...