Personally the Billy Reid one is much nicer in all aspects compared to the RRL one. Wasn't too impressed given price tag in store for the RRL
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 10:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 832post #12466 of 2368411/11/12 at 3:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12467 of 2368411/11/12 at 4:31pmpost #12468 of 2368411/11/12 at 5:04pm
I have 7 tj maxx/marshalls within 20 minutes of where I live and I've never seen a single RRL item.
If anyone finds ANY pair of RRL slim pants or jeans in 29 or 30 waist at that price buy them and I'll give you a few extra bucks and shipping :)
Edited by captainshields - 11/11/12 at 8:15pmpost #12469 of 2368411/11/12 at 5:25pmpost #12470 of 2368411/11/12 at 7:24pmIve been to 4 TJ Maxx/Marshalls by me and found 4 pairs of really ugly Slim Bootcuts in one of them and thats it. Those stores just buy palette sized containers of clothes and its a random mix of whats inside, its not like they get in a shipment of RRL stuff.
Edited by Dave_SFU - 11/11/12 at 8:25pmpost #12471 of 2368411/11/12 at 7:37pmQuote:
Ha this just made my night.post #12472 of 2368411/11/12 at 8:15pmpost #12473 of 2368411/11/12 at 11:09pmSpeaking of Marshalls / TJ Maxx, was cleaning through a random pile of clothes I've had lying around and found a pair of Dockers Made in USA pants that I picked up for $12. Similar to officers chino fit and felled seams and other nice construction details like bucklebacks
Similar to this pair here:
http://us.dockers.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11158741&cp=2271557.11162321&pg=1&parentPage=family&s=D-StorePrice-DOC&parentPage=familypost #12474 of 2368411/12/12 at 7:56amQuote:
Glad you went for it. I'm actually in the exact same situation as you - I wear a size 14 in everything except I can get away with a 13 in converse - and the Washington's in a 13 fit perfectly. So good in fact that I'm wondering if all the boots are sized this way?post #12475 of 2368411/12/12 at 8:20amQuote:
really? why??? the rrl one (not officer's with longer length and oxidized buttons) is a repro and same price as billy reid... other than the fad of having what bond wore in movie, whats better? leather collar trim and slimmer lapel? i like the rrl's huge dracula looking collar to block wind and the bond one looks much thinner than the rrl one but never saw the bond one in person so i can only judge based on picspost #12476 of 2368411/12/12 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
really? why??? the rrl one (not officer's with longer length and oxidized buttons) is a repro and same price as billy reid... other than the fad of having what bond wore in movie, whats better? leather collar trim and slimmer lapel? i like the rrl's huge dracula looking collar to block wind and the bond one looks much thinner than the rrl one but never saw the bond one in person so i can only judge based on pics
Material felt a lot better on the Billy Reid one compared to RRL officers as poster said Gold buttons and price would be a little more on sale. Design wise I think the one you have is best.post #12477 of 2368411/12/12 at 10:01ampost #12478 of 2368411/12/12 at 1:35pm
Somebody buy these before I do. I've been looking for a cheap pair 28/29x30 one wash slim fits for months. These are so close but I know they'd be too big after stretching.post #12479 of 2368411/12/12 at 1:40pmQuote:
How do you like the billy reid coat - i've never seen it, any comments on the fabric? I'm personally not a fan of the small collar with the peak.
The RRL officers is definitely not worth the $1200 (i don't think i would buy any peacoat for that price), but it is a nice coat and on sale is a great piece, with a great fit and a much more refined fabric than the repros. I've tried on the RRL peacoat ($690) and also buzz ricksons at $1000+ but these are just too thick and rough which while i understand are supposed to be true to heritage but too much for me and probably the average person.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 20 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...