or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 824

post #12346 of 20962
Richard, I could see myself wearing it to dinner/bar with jeans or chinos or even carhartts after a day ice climbing or skiing or any winter outdoor activity for that matter. To me it looks comfy and warm with the right amount of ruggedness.
post #12347 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

Should i buy a pair of the Wolverine 744 since i cant get the madison boot???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.

IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color.  The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown.  I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning!  I think both boots are fantastic.  Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.

post #12348 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

 

IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color.  The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown.  I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning!  I think both boots are fantastic.  Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.

Whoops, didn't realize the 744 wasn't #8, also. Is Allen Edmonds making the Madison? I believe they're making the 744 for Wolverine.

post #12349 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Whoops, didn't realize the 744 wasn't #8, also. Is Allen Edmonds making the Madison? I believe they're making the 744 for Wolverine.

The Madison was made by Julian im fairly certain.
The Madison and 744 both have a workboot aesthetic, whereas the Alden boot is much more of a dress shoe silhouette. So i dont really think one is comparable to the other except for the fact theyre both cordovan.
post #12350 of 20962
More boot love. Just got black Murdoch engineers too. The leather is way more stiff than the brown ones, especially up top.

photo-3-21-e1351533080874.jpg
photo-1-31-e1351533122526.jpg
photo-2-31-e1351533159168.jpg
post #12351 of 20962

anyone got sizing info? I'm a 38" chest
post #12352 of 20962
somehow i found the peacoat on sale in store in Michigan... i don't think its actually supposed to be on sale.

what do you guys think of the fit? The wool is nice, not as heavy as the $690 peacoat but more refined. Buttons are interesting, but very oxidized.


IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg
post #12353 of 20962
Size wise, how do these run?
post #12354 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

Should i buy a pair of the Wolverine 744 since i cant get the madison boot???

yes, they look alike.

thats actually the first thought that came to me when someone mentioned the madison is no longer available
post #12355 of 20962
when does rrl go on sale? and what store usually does this first??
post #12356 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

when does rrl go on sale? and what store usually does this first??

late to the party eh?

RRL goes on sale during private sale events (currently one on-going), end of season close outs, Pink Pony Event (just passed), end of holiday...

Certain outlets (like mostly in Florida) seem to get stock. Certain Barney's will carry them, as well as a few other stores.

A few RL stores and obviously the RRL stores themselves, carry them also. Mainly the flagship stores will carry them, haven't been to one in a while, but last time I did it was the Chicago one - they nearly always carry RRL.
post #12357 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgweiser53 View Post

Size wise, how do these run?

as reference, I am 6'2" and 195lbs, approx. 22" chest and 18.5" shoulders and 34.5" waist. I bought a size Medium.
post #12358 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

somehow i found the peacoat on sale in store in Michigan... i don't think its actually supposed to be on sale.
what do you guys think of the fit? The wool is nice, not as heavy as the $690 peacoat but more refined. Buttons are interesting, but very oxidized.

Looking nice. I felt this a few days ago and liked the weight and hand. I have the older peacoat from a few seasons ago and it's basically bulletproof wool armor, very heavy and stiff. Looks like they toned it down a bit with this one, which is probably good.
post #12359 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor View Post

Opinions on this sweater? Ugly?
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13136251

I have the hooded version of this from Lighthouse with a very similar Aran weave, same material except it's hand knit and a bit darker.

Very very nice, highly recommended.
post #12360 of 20962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor View Post

Opinions on this sweater? Ugly?
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13136251
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Richard, I'm a huge fan of the sweater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Richard, I could see myself wearing it to dinner/bar with jeans or chinos or even carhartts after a day ice climbing or skiing or any winter outdoor activity for that matter. To me it looks comfy and warm with the right amount of ruggedness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opermann View Post

I have the hooded version of this from Lighthouse with a very similar Aran weave, same material except it's hand knit and a bit darker.
Very very nice, highly recommended.

I would be using it with jeans and boots.

Do you have any idea how warm it is? Would it be enough for 40-45 degree weather, if worn with a merino baselayer, dress shirt, and scarf? Or would I need a coat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread