Personal opinion but the J Crew x Alden is too dressy for me. I prefer the work boot look. I could wear these to an Oi show
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 823post #12331 of 2387410/28/12 at 6:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12332 of 2387410/28/12 at 6:33pmQuote:
mmm cordovan, now if only they would make some cordovan engineer bootspost #12333 of 2387410/28/12 at 6:42pmpost #12334 of 2387410/28/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
Those are sweet!
Look very similar to the Wolverine 744'spost #12335 of 2387410/28/12 at 7:37pmpost #12336 of 2387410/28/12 at 11:05pmpost #12337 of 2387410/29/12 at 6:44amDoes anyone have pictures of "dark wash denim" in the wild they can post? Considering these but knowing how denim pictures look on RL.com and how they look in real light , I would like to see if anyone has pictures first. Thank - you.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750067&cp=15521806.15522246&view=all&ab=viewall&parentPage=familypost #12338 of 2387410/29/12 at 7:41ampost #12339 of 2387410/29/12 at 7:46ampost #12340 of 2387410/29/12 at 7:59ampost #12341 of 2387410/29/12 at 8:00amQuote:
No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.post #12342 of 2387410/29/12 at 8:16ampost #12343 of 2387410/29/12 at 8:26ampost #12344 of 2387410/29/12 at 9:14amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by misterjuiceman
No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.
IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color. The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown. I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning! I think both boots are fantastic. Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.post #12345 of 2387410/29/12 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Calikid
IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color. The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown. I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning! I think both boots are fantastic. Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.
Whoops, didn't realize the 744 wasn't #8, also. Is Allen Edmonds making the Madison? I believe they're making the 744 for Wolverine.
- The Official RRL Thread
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 18 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 19 minutes ago
- › Dsquared Jacket year? 20 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 21 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...