or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 823

post #12331 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisCr View Post

Any well-executed cordo boot is a great add. This one loses by a hair to the j-crew make up though.

Personal opinion but the J Crew x Alden is too dressy for me. I prefer the work boot look. I could wear these to an Oi show
post #12332 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


The Madison boot was originally made for the opening of the Madison Ave Mansion in NYC. I think they had made 30 pairs in #8 Cordovan. They remade them in black for the opening of the London store.
Heres mine which havent been cleaned in a while.
photo-1-12.jpg
photo-2-11.jpg
photo-31.jpg

mmm cordovan, now if only they would make some cordovan engineer bootsbounce2.gif

post #12333 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post

mmm cordovan, now if only they would make some cordovan engineer boots:bounce2:

Oh man, that would be too good.
post #12334 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

The Madison boot was originally made for the opening of the Madison Ave Mansion in NYC. I think they had made 30 pairs in #8 Cordovan. They remade them in black for the opening of the London store.
Heres mine which havent been cleaned in a while.
photo-1-12.jpg
photo-2-11.jpg
photo-31.jpg

Those are sweet!
Look very similar to the Wolverine 744's
post #12335 of 21550
Thanks for sharing those pics drool.gif
post #12336 of 21550
Thanks for the info Dave. Your boots are awesome. I'm looking for something in a similar colour myself.
post #12337 of 21550
Does anyone have pictures of "dark wash denim" in the wild they can post? Considering these but knowing how denim pictures look on RL.com and how they look in real light , I would like to see if anyone has pictures first. Thank - you.

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750067&cp=15521806.15522246&view=all&ab=viewall&parentPage=family
post #12338 of 21550
Should i buy a pair of the Wolverine 744 since i cant get the madison boot???
post #12339 of 21550
post #12340 of 21550
Richard, I'm a huge fan of the sweater.
post #12341 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

Should i buy a pair of the Wolverine 744 since i cant get the madison boot???

No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.

post #12342 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

Richard, I'm a huge fan of the sweater.

I like it as well. Apparently, not a lot of people do. Plenty in stock despite the sale.
post #12343 of 21550
Richard, I could see myself wearing it to dinner/bar with jeans or chinos or even carhartts after a day ice climbing or skiing or any winter outdoor activity for that matter. To me it looks comfy and warm with the right amount of ruggedness.
post #12344 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

Should i buy a pair of the Wolverine 744 since i cant get the madison boot???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.

IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color.  The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown.  I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning!  I think both boots are fantastic.  Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.

post #12345 of 21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikid View Post

 

IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color.  The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown.  I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning!  I think both boots are fantastic.  Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.

Whoops, didn't realize the 744 wasn't #8, also. Is Allen Edmonds making the Madison? I believe they're making the 744 for Wolverine.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread