Personal opinion but the J Crew x Alden is too dressy for me. I prefer the work boot look. I could wear these to an Oi show
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 8:42 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official RRL Thread - Page 823post #12331 of 2552510/28/12 at 6:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12332 of 2552510/28/12 at 6:33pmQuote:
mmm cordovan, now if only they would make some cordovan engineer bootspost #12333 of 2552510/28/12 at 6:42pmpost #12334 of 2552510/28/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
Those are sweet!
Look very similar to the Wolverine 744'spost #12335 of 2552510/28/12 at 7:37pmpost #12336 of 2552510/28/12 at 11:05pmpost #12337 of 2552510/29/12 at 6:44amDoes anyone have pictures of "dark wash denim" in the wild they can post? Considering these but knowing how denim pictures look on RL.com and how they look in real light , I would like to see if anyone has pictures first. Thank - you.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750067&cp=15521806.15522246&view=all&ab=viewall&parentPage=familypost #12338 of 2552510/29/12 at 7:41ampost #12339 of 2552510/29/12 at 7:46ampost #12340 of 2552510/29/12 at 7:59ampost #12341 of 2552510/29/12 at 8:00amQuote:
No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.post #12342 of 2552510/29/12 at 8:16ampost #12343 of 2552510/29/12 at 8:26ampost #12344 of 2552510/29/12 at 9:14amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by misterjuiceman
No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.
IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color. The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown. I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning! I think both boots are fantastic. Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.post #12345 of 2552510/29/12 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Calikid
IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color. The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown. I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning! I think both boots are fantastic. Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.
Whoops, didn't realize the 744 wasn't #8, also. Is Allen Edmonds making the Madison? I believe they're making the 744 for Wolverine.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...