Personal opinion but the J Crew x Alden is too dressy for me. I prefer the work boot look. I could wear these to an Oi show
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 823post #12331 of 2372710/28/12 at 6:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12332 of 2372710/28/12 at 6:33pmQuote:
mmm cordovan, now if only they would make some cordovan engineer bootspost #12333 of 2372710/28/12 at 6:42pmpost #12334 of 2372710/28/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
Those are sweet!
Look very similar to the Wolverine 744'spost #12335 of 2372710/28/12 at 7:37pmpost #12336 of 2372710/28/12 at 11:05pmpost #12337 of 2372710/29/12 at 6:44amDoes anyone have pictures of "dark wash denim" in the wild they can post? Considering these but knowing how denim pictures look on RL.com and how they look in real light , I would like to see if anyone has pictures first. Thank - you.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750067&cp=15521806.15522246&view=all&ab=viewall&parentPage=familypost #12338 of 2372710/29/12 at 7:41ampost #12339 of 2372710/29/12 at 7:46ampost #12340 of 2372710/29/12 at 7:59ampost #12341 of 2372710/29/12 at 8:00amQuote:
No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.post #12342 of 2372710/29/12 at 8:16ampost #12343 of 2372710/29/12 at 8:26ampost #12344 of 2372710/29/12 at 9:14amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by misterjuiceman
No way. I would never pay $700+ for Wolverine or Allen Edmonds (they make it). I'd go for the Alden x J.Crew cap-toed boot instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~20853/20853.jsp With coupons (they work sometimes, despite J.Crew's claims to the contrary), you can get a decent amount off.
IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color. The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown. I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning! I think both boots are fantastic. Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.post #12345 of 2372710/29/12 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Calikid
IMO they are 2 totally different boots, starting with the color. The J.Crew captoe's are color 8 while the 744's are a rich dark brown. I think at first glance the J Crew's appear a bit more dressy but I have seen pics of the 744's with a pin stripe suit and they look stunning! I think both boots are fantastic. Having said that I sure would have liked to get my hands on the Madison in brown and/or black.
Whoops, didn't realize the 744 wasn't #8, also. Is Allen Edmonds making the Madison? I believe they're making the 744 for Wolverine.
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 1 minute ago
- › Can someone help me determine the era of this Brioni suit? 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 14 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...