or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 802

post #12016 of 21387
Whoa nice... Hey Robear sell me your brunels if you ever tire of them lol.
post #12017 of 21387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Some pics from recent purchase:
RRL Burgundy Officer Chinos, and the Henley:
8qKt6.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
OkfZM.jpg?1
7taZM.jpg?1
It fits perfectly*, I'm hoping it loosens up a little, or should i size to the 30x32, no 29x32 were in stock when I bought these, would've preferred that I think...
*Loss of blood flow when bending knees is a side effect. Not being able to tug something in as well.

I would try to get a size 29 IMO... legs are OK but a bit slim imo, and the butt and upper thigh is a bit too tight causing a vortex shape around your asshole. If it stretches out a bit it could be good smile.gif
post #12018 of 21387
I think the fit looks fine, officers are meant to be trim fitting in the top block and they will stretch out too.
post #12019 of 21387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post


 a bit too tight causing a vortex shape around your asshole. If it stretches out a bit it could be good smile.gif

Ummm...hopefully you guys are good friends. If not above statement could be classified as awkward! butbut.gif

post #12020 of 21387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

Some pics from recent purchase:
RRL Burgundy Officer Chinos, and the Henley:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
It fits perfectly*, I'm hoping it loosens up a little, or should i size to the 30x32, no 29x32 were in stock when I bought these, would've preferred that I think...
*Loss of blood flow when bending knees is a side effect. Not being able to tug something in as well.

Unlike a womans, a mans fashion sense should first be comfortable. JAT

 

 R

 

P.S. Geaux Saints!

post #12021 of 21387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

I would try to get a size 29 IMO... legs are OK but a bit slim imo, and the butt and upper thigh is a bit too tight causing a vortex shape around your asshole. If it stretches out a bit it could be good smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

I think the fit looks fine, officers are meant to be trim fitting in the top block and they will stretch out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

Ummm...hopefully you guys are good friends. If not above statement could be classified as awkward! butbut.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

Unlike a womans, a mans fashion sense should first be comfortable. JAT

 R

P.S. Geaux Saints!


Thanks after 3 days they are feeling much better actually.

I won't let Ari treat me like all his other assistants! My ass is no vortex, Ari!

No sz 29s existed when I ordered or even at the moment, I am confident these will stretch just a tad more and all should be fine.

These being my first officer chinos, I must say they are single handedly the best pair of chinos/pants I've ever worn. Thinking of buying more now.
post #12022 of 21387
i think if you can get about one inch in the seat from stretch (probably highly likely) then it will fit fine. But if you're losing blood flow, that's another story. hahaha
post #12023 of 21387
Quote:

Originally Posted by slide13

Has anybody seen this seasons officer chino in store? The website lists them at 11.5oz and I ordered a pair that showed up today but the pocket bags are stamped as 10.5oz. I know 10.5oz was used in the past. Not sure if these are old stock or if the website is wrong. Emailed RL but not sure how long they'll be to respond and figured somebody here who has access to a RRL shop has maybe checked them out. Not a big deal, but I already have a pair in the 9oz range from last season and was pretty excited about the extra heavy fabric listed for this season.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


I just bought a pair. Mine are stamped 9.23. Mine are from a store; are the web ones different?

I just got a pair of the Rigid Officer Chinos from the European site in 34. They fit pretty well, especially in the thights and just a bit of room in the waist.

However, on the tag on them it says 11.5 oz but they're also stamped 9.23. 

I don't know, I'm not that impressed by them. I really like the cut and have some officer chinos in other fabrics like ticking stripe but those are all thicker, more substantial. 

Compared with those these are rather thin and not as rigid as I had expected.

Any views from people who have experience wearing them in different weights?


Edited by indigoeagle - 10/8/12 at 7:39am
post #12024 of 21387

I also got a pair of the Low Straights in Raw.

Nice 15.5 oz denim.

I'd label the rise as mid rise.

I got them in 33 and 34.

In both the waist is too roomy. I don't mind that in chinos as I always wear a belt, but with jeans I prefer them to sit reasonably tight on the waist. With the 33 it's ok, with the 34 it's too wide.

The thighs on the 33 are ok, but a bit tight, not slim/skinny tight but I'd prefer them a bit looser. Will they shrink at all with washing (I'd mostly only cold wash. As these are sanforized there shouldn't be much shrinkage, I think). 

And how much will the thighs stretch? I guess, it's a bit uncomfortable right now because they're still new and stiff and will loosen up. Any experiences?

post #12025 of 21387
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoeagle View Post

I also got a pair of the Low Straights in Raw.

Nice 15.5 oz denim.

I'd label the rise as mid rise.

I got them in 33 and 34.

In both the waist is too roomy. I don't mind that in chinos as I always wear a belt, but with jeans I prefer them to sit reasonably tight on the waist. With the 33 it's ok, with the 34 it's too wide.

The thighs on the 33 are ok, but a bit tight, not slim/skinny tight but I'd prefer them a bit looser. Will they shrink at all with washing (I'd mostly only cold wash. As these are sanforized there shouldn't be much shrinkage, I think). 

And how much will the thighs stretch? I guess, it's a bit uncomfortable right now because they're still new and stiff and will loosen up. Any experiences?

I have those exact jeans in that exact size. I've never washed them so can't speak to shrinkage. But they definitely stretch out in the thighs and waist, so like anything else I feel like you have to make compromises. Although with these jeans I think they're pretty balanced (versus the slim fits where I definitely need to size up). If the jeans fit well in the waist, definitely keep those as they will stretch out there and I don't think it's worth having a waist that's too lose for extra room in the thighs. 

post #12026 of 21387
They'll shrink back down with a wash and stretch back out within a day or so. Thighs will stretch out .5" ish and the softening will make a huge difference.
post #12027 of 21387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

I have those exact jeans in that exact size. I've never washed them so can't speak to shrinkage. But they definitely stretch out in the thighs and waist, so like anything else I feel like you have to make compromises. Although with these jeans I think they're pretty balanced (versus the slim fits where I definitely need to size up). If the jeans fit well in the waist, definitely keep those as they will stretch out there and I don't think it's worth having a waist that's too lose for extra room in the thighs. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundletaint View Post

They'll shrink back down with a wash and stretch back out within a day or so. Thighs will stretch out .5" ish and the softening will make a huge difference.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Will keep the 33s then. Thighs should fit well then after softening. And 34s would be far too loose.

post #12028 of 21387
Has the sizing of RRL jeans changed?

I've always bought 28 waist slim fits (though I realize it's a vanity size and I'm really 30)...have multiple pairs.

During this 25% sale, I bought a pair of 28 black slim fits and they don't even come CLOSE to fitting...so tight I can't even close one button. Definitely some kind of size, but now I don't know if I'm 29 or 30.
post #12029 of 21387

I know in the case of apc's the black jeans are slimmer than the indigo, I think from the dying process.  Have you had a pair of blacks before?  I'd be curious what other people's experience is though, I think Fok just bought a pair so maybe he can chime in.  

 

Just bought my first pair of rrl's during the sale, the slim one wash.  Bought 32, have a pair of apc ns 31, usually a 33 in most pants.   I hope they fit

post #12030 of 21387
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread