or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 794

post #11896 of 21461
is now a good time to purchase a pair of slim once washed from RRLs site with the 25% off code or should I wait for a bigger sale? I thought there was a 40% of sale at some point last year? or am i mistaken?
post #11897 of 21461
I believe 40% was for seasonal items only.
post #11898 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I was at Woodbury Commons yesterday. Got there just after they opened at 10:15am or so. There was an rack with several pairs of Black Icon RRL Officer Chinos (non-selvedge
So the outlet chinos are different from the ones listed on the website? Or the same? So weird that they're hitting outlets yet retailing on the website for full price.
post #11899 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

is now a good time to purchase a pair of slim once washed from RRLs site with the 25% off code or should I wait for a bigger sale? I thought there was a 40% of sale at some point last year? or am i mistaken?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

I believe 40% was for seasonal items only.

Yeah 40% was relatively limited. If you want the one wash, get it now
post #11900 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

So the outlet chinos are different from the ones listed on the website? Or the same? So weird that they're hitting outlets yet retailing on the website for full price.

I was under the impression they were last seasons "faded black" chinos. I could be wrong though. I was just checking one of the pairs I bought and found a lump of pumice in the front pocket - it's this that led me to believe they were the washed variety.

Edit: For those of you that may be interested, this is what RRL pumice looks like smile.gif

post #11901 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

I also was served in the military and true military issue is just that and not intended to be fashion. I later left the military with hopes one day I could afford something better and IMO RRL does a good job at reinterpreting of bygone eras (military, woodsman, cowboy, hunter, worker) with that still a manly, yet modern slant. 

This is probably true on the whole but peacoats can be an exception, particularly vintage ones. Do a bit of research and track down one made before 1980, when the spec switched from kersey to melton. Kersey's a tighter weave, making it more windproof and less fuzzy. I've got an early WW2-issue coat and I wear the shit out of it because it is awesome and it cost like $120. Fit is spot on, too.

On topic: I swung by West Broadway today and picked up the corduroy work chinos, another oxford because I find RRL's to be the best, and a pretty sweet wallet. I also shot the shit re: watches with a couple of the salesguys for a while. Good guys, and this brand knows how to keep people coming into their brick and mortar locations, which is a neat trick these days.
post #11902 of 21461
The cord work chinos are awesome. I just picked mine up from the tailor today.

My 2 recent purchases:

Fair Isle Shawl Cardi


Vintage Burgundy Officer Chinos
post #11903 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

is now a good time to purchase a pair of slim once washed from RRLs site with the 25% off code or should I wait for a bigger sale? I thought there was a 40% of sale at some point last year? or am i mistaken?

This is the best time. Their denim, regular icon stuff and bags won't be on sale again until next year at this time. There will probably be an additional 15% kicker at the end of this sale but not for RRL and def not for the jeans, etc.

So go for it!
post #11904 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

I was at Woodbury Commons yesterday. Got there just after they opened at 10:15am or so. There was an rack with several pairs of Black Icon RRL Officer Chinos (non-selvedge) so I bought 3 pairs. If anyone want's one I have W32, W33 and W36, all with a 34 inseam. I am happy to send some pics if anyone interested. Retailed for $185.

How are these sized in comparison to the slim fit denim? I've tried on the regular fit chinos and they're very gratuitously sized.
post #11905 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opermann View Post

How are these sized in comparison to the slim fit denim? I've tried on the regular fit chinos and they're very gratuitously sized.

I take a w36 in slims due to the thigh issue. I would take a w34 in these.
post #11906 of 21461
I want to thank Robert for all his help. Great service.


Ordered a pair of Rigid Twill Officer chinos in 31/32 (SD1 from my 32w)
post #11907 of 21461
ok thanks for the help guys. Last question. I need like a 16.5 waist, 11.5-12 thigh, and 7.5ish hem...what cut and size should i order? I was thinking 31 in slim or 30 in low straight?
post #11908 of 21461
I don't think the low straights will have a 7.5" hem so you should look at slim instead. Sizing is tricky, I have some RRL low straights that are vanity sized 3", even 4".
post #11909 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

I just got a pair of black on blacks. I actually sized up from a 33 to a 34. I wear a 33 in every fit but I literally could not get the black on blacks in without sizing up. The thighs were way too tight and they went beyond "slim" for me. I actually tried on two pairs in the same size and same issue (so wasn't just random variability). no idea if that's helpful, just my experience. 


Thanks man. It was helpful. I won't try sizing down.
post #11910 of 21461
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagnetical View Post

ok thanks for the help guys. Last question. I need like a 16.5 waist, 11.5-12 thigh, and 7.5ish hem...what cut and size should i order? I was thinking 31 in slim or 30 in low straight?

I would get the slim fits in 31. My one wash slims have pretty much those measurements: 17" waist, 12" thigh, 7.5" hem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread