or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 749

post #11221 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post



Here's a real winner for this fall as well as 20 years from now. I think that particular Aran pattern is really interesting.

this is pretty great - where is it available for purchase?
post #11222 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

I haven't had that specific problem. But I have noticed that the fit on the low straights is wildly inconsistent, or they change it up somewhat often. I have a pair of Spring Creek wash from fall 2010 that is somewhat wider below the knee, and then a pair of Tobacco wash from fall 2011 that tapers a lot, almost as much as a slim, but not quite. It's still one of my favorite cuts but I've experienced a lot of variation across seasons/washes. 

Yeah, my older rinsed pair is smaller in the waist yet roomier in the thigh compared to my newer pre-washed low straights even though they're tagged the same size. The new ones are too loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. Just afraid they'll stretch out even more in which case they'd be falling off.
post #11223 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Has anybody purchased any new Fall gear yet?
So far the only thing I copped was the Crosby Chinos.
These pants are insane. The Japanese Cotton Moleskin is so soft and comfy. They feel like sweatpants. Highly recommended!!!

I've been thinkin about these too.. I might do it since u said that... I'm still trying to break in my buckleback selvage chinos...
post #11224 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post


Yeah, my older rinsed pair is smaller in the waist yet roomier in the thigh compared to my newer pre-washed low straights even though they're tagged the same size. The new ones are too loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. Just afraid they'll stretch out even more in which case they'd be falling off.

I've had that same experience across different fits, especially the straight leg. I've never had jeans altered in the waist, though I've been tempted to do it with a pair that I mistakenly sized up and is now too big. I've talked to the guys at denim doctors in LA about the process. basically what they do is detach the waistband completely, cut it right behind the center belt loop, and also take in the seat so it's all proportional. The only thing to be concerned about is that you don't take in so much that the back pockets get too close together.

 

curious if anyone else has done this... 

post #11225 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Has anybody purchased any new Fall gear yet?
So far the only thing I copped was the Crosby Chinos.
These pants are insane. The Japanese Cotton Moleskin is so soft and comfy. They feel like sweatpants. Highly recommended!!!

how is the fit on these? this whole sizing down thing has me confused
post #11226 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

I've had that same experience across different fits, especially the straight leg. I've never had jeans altered in the waist, though I've been tempted to do it with a pair that I mistakenly sized up and is now too big. I've talked to the guys at denim doctors in LA about the process. basically what they do is detach the waistband completely, cut it right behind the center belt loop, and also take in the seat so it's all proportional. The only thing to be concerned about is that you don't take in so much that the back pockets get too close together.

curious if anyone else has done this... 

I'm going to ask my tailor about this. I guess if the new seam is hidden behind the belt loop it wouldn't be noticeable at all, though it might be a weak spot.
post #11227 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

Anybody else have this problem with their low straights where the waist is loose but the legs fit alright? Not sure how it would work with the waistband construction, but has anyone had the waist tailored?

Not really I'm working on a pair of low straights... I'm usually a 33 so I sized to a 32 and they fit perfect.... But I soaked them the day I bought them.

Have you washed or soaked them at all yet?
post #11228 of 21465
So if I wear a 29-30 waist in Rugby/PRL, what size in RRL should I be buying?
post #11229 of 21465
Does anybody have an active 10% code that they would be willing to share?

Thx in advance.
post #11230 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Has anybody purchased any new Fall gear yet?
So far the only thing I copped was the Crosby Chinos.
These pants are insane. The Japanese Cotton Moleskin is so soft and comfy. They feel like sweatpants. Highly recommended!!! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They look good. Any measurements? TTS or did you size down?
post #11231 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Does anybody have an active 10% code that they would be willing to share?
Thx in advance.
 

I don't believe they are currently doing them, hopefully they will again later. The last 2 orders I did in July, after completing the survey it only gave me a chance to win a daily $25 gift certificate....no code.  

post #11232 of 21465

Anybody here ever had a cowichan sweater? I just got a pretty good deal on last seasons RRL war eagle vest off Ebay and wondered what other owners thought.

post #11233 of 21465
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

Anybody here ever had a cowichan sweater? I just got a pretty good deal on last seasons RRL war eagle vest off Ebay and wondered what other owners thought.

I tried it on before.. Didn't like it. The cowichans always look better online because of their thickness. When you are close up, it doesn't look as nice. In my opinion.
post #11234 of 21465
I really liked last year's cowichan featuring a bucking bronc on the back. This year's indigo aran cardigan is beautiful, but when I went to check it out at the Melrose shop I was shocked to learn it wasn't wool but cotton (or maybe a cotton-linen blend, can't recall). It lacks the taut springiness of a thick wool sweater. Instead it has that unpleasant flaccid weight that I associate with cotton sweaters. The deep indigo color really is something else though, and it's probably a better pick for SoCal weather.
post #11235 of 21465

This is the one I bought. I thought $189 for something handmade and NWT was a good deal!

 

1000

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread