or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 740

post #11086 of 22049
Fakes of RRL exist.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.29&id=15314206319
post #11087 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdivide View Post

Fakes of RRL exist.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.29&id=15314206319

Interesting... $34 too - almost tempted to buy a pair and check them out to see how bad they are.
post #11088 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post

I'm checking out this rrl jacket on ebay. Are there fakes around, or do you guys think they are mostly legit?

I'm sure there are some fakes but I would say 99.9% of the stuff you would ever find is legit. It's still a relatively "unknown" brand as far as the bootleggers are concerned, so if you see something that you think is fake, it's likely just old. It's worth remembering that the C1993 RRL and current logo had a very similar design - the main difference being in the ends of the scroll. In 1993 they pointed upwards and currently they are pointing down...

1993:


Current:
post #11089 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdivide View Post

Fakes of RRL exist.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.29&id=15314206319

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Interesting... $34 too - almost tempted to buy a pair and check them out to see how bad they are.

I'm surprised at how much trouble they went through to do the logo on the tag. I wonder if the tags came from the same factory as the real clothing.

You'd think they could at least center it, though..
post #11090 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


Interesting... $34 too - almost tempted to buy a pair and check them out to see how bad they are.

Interesting. This might sound like a naive question, but how do you actually know they're fake? It almost looks like they used materials from the same factory because they got a little of the details right. Just curious... 

post #11091 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimalchio View Post

Interesting. This might sound like a naive question, but how do you actually know they're fake? It almost looks like they used materials from the same factory because they got a little of the details right. Just curious... 

I guess it comes down to what you consider fake then? If they're using materials from RRL factories in China and selling them (unauthorized) outside of the "Ralph Lauren Brand Universe" then I (and I imagine others) would consider that fake / bootlegging. It might be good quality, but it would still be fake.
post #11092 of 22049
Haha - just saw these on the same website...



http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.83&id=15225985136
post #11093 of 22049
posting here since the Rugby thread doesnt get much traction...

this is the Rugby Naval overshirt i purchased at the outlets, i got 1 Small and 2 Mediums. i'm going to keep the mediums so the Small is up for grabs. no proxy fee, just cost ($25, retail was $128) plus shipping to you. truly a great piece, heavy, 100% cotton, and could have very well been in the naval-inspired RRL collections as of recent.

IMAG1677.jpg
post #11094 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez nuts View Post

posting here since the Rugby thread doesnt get much traction...
this is the Rugby Naval overshirt i purchased at the outlets, i got 1 Small and 2 Mediums. i'm going to keep the mediums so the Small is up for grabs. no proxy fee, just cost ($25, retail was $128) plus shipping to you. truly a great piece, heavy, 100% cotton, and could have very well been in the naval-inspired RRL collections as of recent.

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif
post #11095 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by deez nuts View Post

posting here since the Rugby thread doesnt get much traction...
this is the Rugby Naval overshirt i purchased at the outlets, i got 1 Small and 2 Mediums. i'm going to keep the mediums so the Small is up for grabs. no proxy fee, just cost ($25, retail was $128) plus shipping to you. truly a great piece, heavy, 100% cotton, and could have very well been in the naval-inspired RRL collections as of recent.
IMAG1677.jpg

pm'd

and please use the Rugby thread.. i'm all over that...but its mainly just me with the occasional hello from rkd, namor, alex, and tv
post #11096 of 22049

so I got the new murdock boots today. A lot of differences with the julian boots. The finish is better on the julian boots, but the new design fits like a glove. 

post #11097 of 22049

ok, so what do y'all think about this...real or fake?

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320736379465

post #11098 of 22049

Newest delivery came on Friday. Really like the Limited jacket. Sadly however the Indigo fit like Dastig stated....true tts in chest and back but to full under the arms and thru the waist. I took it to RL BM store on Sunday for alterations quote. $225 for a jacket I paid $279 didn't make sense so sadly back it went.

1000

post #11099 of 22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelican View Post

ok, so what do y'all think about this...real or fake?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320736379465

Well, typically there has to be a reason why you would suspect something is fake, enough so that the question is asked at all.

Hanansi is a pretty well know ebay seller of legit RRL, not my favorite seller, but pretty well-established. His prices are retarded though, but he does end up moving stuff.
post #11100 of 22049

Can anyone comment on how the new Black Murdock's fit?  Are they TTS, or do you need to size down?  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread