or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 736

post #11026 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Holy crap... you sized down 4?!?!?! Are your thighs screaming bloody murder yet?

Yea, I know it sounds bad but I'd ordered a 38 which was way too loose and then a 36 (in a different cut) which was too loose in the waist. I thought with a 34 I'd be lucky to get the thing buttoned, much less be comfortable. I finally got to one of the stores in NYC the other day and asked for a 36 as well as a 34 to try on. I tried the 34 first and it fit......not even tight. It was a good, comfortable fit. I was shocked. I don't wear anybody else in a 34 and I'd just gotten fitted/measured the week prior which confirmed I was a solid 38" waist. Go figure. It is a nice pair of trousers.......I'm a bit hesitant on pulling the trigger though since I burned up a lot of disposable income on this last round of sales.
post #11027 of 22047

Fits slim in the chest and waist, arms are kind of long in keeping with most RRL jackets. The piece looks more like the website photo. I believe they have one in the Malibu store. You might want to get some other pix from them.
post #11028 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgprod View Post

Fits slim in the chest and waist, arms are kind of long in keeping with most RRL jackets. The piece looks more like the website photo. I believe they have one in the Malibu store. You might want to get some other pix from them.

I agree, this jacket is slim by RRL standards, not sure why dastig is saying it's large. If you go your normal size, you probably only be able to wear a t-shirt underneath. Sizing up would ruin the proportions. Shoulders were fine on a Small for me, but chest was like 20" pit to pit.
post #11029 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post


I agree, this jacket is slim by RRL standards, not sure why dastig is saying it's large. If you go your normal size, you probably only be able to wear a t-shirt underneath. Sizing up would ruin the proportions. Shoulders were fine on a Small for me, but chest was like 20" pit to pit.

 


 

I found the fit between boxy and tight fitting, so quite good actually.

The fabric is also quite special. But for my taste it was a bit too washed. In the one I had seen the fabric looked more like the top than the bottom picture.


Edited by indigoeagle - 7/26/12 at 9:30am
post #11030 of 22047
Idk,

I like my jackets to fit like Black Label. I'm usually a medium in RRL, but I remember when we first got it early spring, liking the small better. It has been a while since we have had any in stock.

Sorry about any confusion.
post #11031 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by el duderino View Post


I agree, this jacket is slim by RRL standards, not sure why dastig is saying it's large. If you go your normal size, you probably only be able to wear a t-shirt underneath. Sizing up would ruin the proportions. Shoulders were fine on a Small for me, but chest was like 20" pit to pit.

I sure he believed what he was telling me to be true and with that being the only insight I delayed in purchase. As I stated in earlier post about needing to make a quick decision (foreshadowing) because in the time it took to drive home then deal with Melrose RRL and Fed-Ex about why my wife waited home all day for my jacket that needed to signed for and why it never showed.....that indigo sportcoat is gone again!

 

As someone recently told me, "I guess it wasn't meant to be"

post #11032 of 22047
xxxxxxxxx
post #11033 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post

Popcorn
post #11034 of 22047

I wish someone would do a detailed comparison of the new murdock engineer boots vs. the old julian ones

post #11035 of 22047
Just bought some new-in-box canyon boots on eBay for $158 (seller grapevinehill). They are from a couple of season back. Couldn't resist them at that price - especially as there weren't any Brunels left in my size.
post #11036 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Just bought some new-in-box canyon boots on eBay for $158 (seller grapevinehill). They are from a couple of season back. Couldn't resist them at that price - especially as there weren't any Brunels left in my size.

I liked that contrasting black Vibram sole....nice score! Boots never go out of style.

post #11037 of 22047
anybody buy the indigo striped chambray shirt? it says it's faded in the description but the picture doesn't seem like it

is it as nice as it looks?

post #11038 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post

I liked that contrasting black Vibram sole....nice score! Boots never go out of style.

I assumed they were from 2 seasons ago but could have been last season I guess.

These are they...

post #11039 of 22047
If there's anyone out there with dinky feet (size 8) there are some used Bowery Boots on eBay for $0.99 at the moment... Condition might be dubious and they are used...

Edit: Just to clarify, it's not my listing.
post #11040 of 22047
Quote:
Originally Posted by srgprod View Post

Btw, someone should check the Washington Boot out. They run 1/2 size large and were a very limited run of less than 100 pairs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-RRL-Washington-Vintage-Style-Leather-Ankle-Boots-10-5-/160851311990?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item25737c3d76#ht_500wt_899

My bad Hoit...I thought it was these. R

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread