or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official RRL Thread - Page 720

post #10786 of 22046
just to be clear on stretching: jeans stretch out about an inch in the waist.
post #10787 of 22046
Haven't posted in a while, but FYI, randomly checked the price of the murdock engineer boots today and they were down to 499 with only a few sizes left. Found a 10% discount code that got me down to 449. 488 shipped was an instant cop.
Looks like I may have got the last 10.5 though.
post #10788 of 22046
The new Bowery booots are on sale at 499 too. What do people think of these?
post #10789 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post

Haven't posted in a while, but FYI, randomly checked the price of the murdock engineer boots today and they were down to 499 with only a few sizes left. Found a 10% discount code that got me down to 449. 488 shipped was an instant cop.
Looks like I may have got the last 10.5 though.

Bowery is also at 499.
post #10790 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstur View Post

The new Bowery booots are on sale at 499 too. What do people think of these?

I think they're amazing but I dunno my size :/
post #10791 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdstur View Post

The new Bowery booots are on sale at 499 too. What do people think of these?

I think if it's in your size, it's a good buy. I wasn't willing to buy it at $850, since, to me, it didn't seem like an $850 shoe. My guess is that Crockett and Jones makes it, and I love their shoes, but for a bench grade boot, I wouldn't pay $850. I ended up going with one directly from them instead, but $500 is definitely a good deal. 

post #10792 of 22046
why do you think C&J makes them and not one of the other English shoemakers?
post #10793 of 22046
Thanks! Do you know if the bowery boots fit TTS?
post #10794 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

why do you think C&J makes them and not one of the other English shoemakers?

I know a few years ago RL used C&J for their mid-high Italian shoes (Polo line), with Edward Green making the Purple Label shoes. EG is pretty much the best shoemaker in the world, or one of them. Now they've switched their high end from EG to another Italian maker, not sure who.

I guess RL dropped EG for a reason; C&J was the default choice probably to avoid Italian style boots.

The benchmade C&J line is still no slouch and better than 95% of shoes you encounter in stores. I'm tempted for sure.

How do the Bowery boots run?
post #10795 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

why do you think C&J makes them and not one of the other English shoemakers?

When I saw it in person it looked a lot like C&J's work. The welt, stitching and sole all made me think C&J, but I could be wrong.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opermann View Post


I know a few years ago RL used C&J for their mid-high Italian shoes (Polo line), with Edward Green making the Purple Label shoes. EG is pretty much the best shoemaker in the world, or one of them. Now they've switched their high end from EG to another Italian maker, not sure who.
I guess RL dropped EG for a reason; C&J was the default choice probably to avoid Italian style boots.
The benchmade C&J line is still no slouch and better than 95% of shoes you encounter in stores. I'm tempted for sure.
How do the Bowery boots run?
 
I don't know how they run, but I'd say short of C&J's hand grade stuff, John Lobb, Edward Green and other stuff in that price range, C&J's main line is hard to beat. At $850, that's kind of pushing into more expensive territory, but at $500, if it's C&J, you won't do any better in terms of quality. Also, I may have misunderstood your post, but Edward Green and Crockett and Jones are both English shoemakers, not Italian.
post #10796 of 22046
I also assumed they were C&J from looking @ the photos. Speaking of the Bowery, did they sell out?
post #10797 of 22046
Sorry I was referring to Polo's new shoemaker for purple label, which I think is Italian.

C&J is based in Northhampton so the Bowery is definitely made by them.
post #10798 of 22046
How does the bowery boot sizing compare to Aldens? Like say compared to the Alden unlined suede chukkas.
post #10799 of 22046
Past seasons boots ran 1/2 size large. Take Barrie size
post #10800 of 22046
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Past seasons boots ran 1/2 size large. Take Barrie size

That's been my experience with Crockett and Jones's boots in that style, but I never tried on the Bowery boot.

 

Edit: I realize now that this depends entirely on how you convert from English to American sizing. I found that adding 1.5 to the English sizing from Crockett and Jones boots equates to an American Barrie last size, but I don't know how the conversion works for the RRL boots. Sorry for the confusion.


Edited by misterjuiceman - 7/12/12 at 1:19pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Official RRL Thread