Well done Mr Simpson! I also got both military polos and the green material is very impressive...I found fit to be TTS.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- **NWT RRL Ralph Lauren Jeans Sizes 34x32, One Pair Left* Last post on 5/1/11 at 7:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CDG, RRL, EG, Gitman, W+H, DIOR Last post on 6/1/11 at 11:36pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- RRL jeans - Black on Black Slim-fit 32/34 and Black Dust Low-Straight 34/34 Last post on 10/15/12 at 10:21pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 3:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Official RRL Thread - Page 716post #10726 of 233837/7/12 at 10:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10727 of 233837/7/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
True dat. I was concerned about that exact point, too.
Otherwise looks like a great jacket, though, with the detachable railroad style buttons and otherwise a nice cloth, too.
Does anyone have experience with the size/fit of both the pants and the jacket. I guess I should be 32 (I'm a true waist 33) in the pants and a M or L in the jacket.
And how do you like the wabash vest and jacket?
And does PRL generally reduce prices further?
Edited by salinas - 7/7/12 at 2:40pmpost #10728 of 233837/7/12 at 12:38pmQuote:
who's making them now?post #10729 of 233837/7/12 at 12:47pmpost #10730 of 233837/7/12 at 1:46pmpost #10731 of 233837/7/12 at 1:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)did you size up one or stick with your workshirt size? i remember most people size up on t shrits and polos cuz of the short sleeves etc.
got this off of the bay for 725 ... really nice. pricey but nice all the same. leather is soft and supple and very sturdy. surprisingly carries a lot (enough to fit a 15" mbp). this thing will last me forever. wish the back zipper access part was larger but its a very convenient way to get stuff quickly
nice kop, A. i cant pull it off but more power to youpost #10732 of 233837/7/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
Theyre all different and different sizes. I would suggest going to all of them (the Mansion included) but if you have to pick one go to West Broadwaypost #10733 of 233837/7/12 at 4:30pmpost #10734 of 233837/7/12 at 4:32pmpost #10735 of 233837/7/12 at 4:36pmpost #10736 of 233837/7/12 at 4:40pmpost #10737 of 233837/7/12 at 5:18pmI've never bought a piece from RRL before, but they seem to have the best denim shirts/chambrays for what I'm looking for.
Thinking of getting this Chambray as its been insanely hot and humid in the midwest. Comments on fit? I'm a medium in band of outsiders, between S/M in Gitman (small is pretty tight).
I'm thinking of grabbing a small but not sure.
For reference I'm 5'10" almost 150 lbs. I take a small to medium depending on brand. For some reason I feel like RRL might run larger/more TTS, which is why I was leaning toward small.post #10738 of 233837/7/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
I'm surprised they went with Julian in the first place, to be honest. I always thought of them as more of a fashion boot brand, rather than a traditional bootmaker. I think RRL went with Crockett and Jones for their Bowery boot (that's a complete guess on my part, from seeing the boot in person), and I'd imagine that calfskin is better than anything Julian used for the old Engineer boot. I'll have to check out this new boot next time I'm in an RRL shop. Seems promising! And thanks for the sizing tip.post #10739 of 233837/7/12 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by misterjuiceman
I'm surprised they went with Julian in the first place, to be honest. I always thought of them as more of a fashion boot brand, rather than a traditional bootmaker. I think RRL went with Crockett and Jones for their Bowery boot (that's a complete guess on my part, from seeing the boot in person), and I'd imagine that calfskin is better than anything Julian used for the old Engineer boot. I'll have to check out this new boot next time I'm in an RRL shop. Seems promising! And thanks for the sizing tip.
I think youre right about the Bowerys being C&J. Personally i hate the look of the new ones and have 2 pairs of the Julian ones Ill never get rid of plus a pair in storage for the future.
Yeah def size up. I go with an 8 in every RRL boot but i got an 8.5 in this. Unlike the Julian boots they did half sizes this time. I think the two tone brown ones are almost sold out (i know alot of sizes are gone). The black ones look good too though! Ill post some fit pics tomorrow
- The Official RRL Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Recommendations for a Suit in NYC - $2,500 budget 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan