or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are STACY ADAMS shoes good or poor quality?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are STACY ADAMS shoes good or poor quality? - Page 3

post #31 of 54
But can I wear them with a RLBL suit?
post #32 of 54
Stacy Adams are perfect shoes if you are trying to look like a street pimp.
post #33 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Easton View Post

Stacy Adams are perfect shoes if you are trying to look like a street pimp.


Ouch. I'm definitely returning them.
post #34 of 54
Given that the AE Broadstreet (pictured earlier in the thread) has been discontinued, your quality options (for a moderate price) would be the AE McClain (I think it's available in B&W), and the various spectators offered by Herring Shoes. C&J and EG make lovely spectators anyone would be proud to own, but the price is another matter.

Geoff
post #35 of 54
Zappos reviews are completely unreliable.
post #36 of 54
At one time SA was a high end shoe. This is a well made pair of specs . Most of young white guys know nothing about the history of SA shoes. Pimps don't wear SA, but many church attending men still wear SA.
http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1242884748
post #37 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

At one time SA was a high end shoe. This is a well made pair of specs . Most of young white guys know nothing about the history of SA shoes. Pimps don't wear SA, but many church attending men still wear SA.
http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1242884748


Mr. Monty, you are absolutely correct. I did a little digging online and read up on the company's past. It was founded in 1875 by two men with the last names Stacy and Adams (while most young "wiggers" would think Stacy Adams is the first and last name of a woman!) but, unfortunately (well, unfortunately for me and some people, anyways), SA now focuses mostly on hip-hop influenced designs and caters towards the younger hip-hop crowd (hence, the street pimp references).

Such a shame, actually.
post #38 of 54
I prefer Robert Wayne shoes myself
post #39 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitMyself View Post
Mr. Monty, you are absolutely correct. I did a little digging online and read up on the company's past. It was founded in 1875 by two men with the last names Stacy and Adams (while most young "wiggers" would think Stacy Adams is the first and last name of a woman!) but, unfortunately (well, unfortunately for me and some people, anyways), SA now focuses mostly on hip-hop influenced designs and caters towards the younger hip-hop crowd (hence, the street pimp references).

Such a shame, actually.

Keep telling yourself that, you might actually convince yourself.
post #40 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Easton View Post
Keep telling yourself that, you might actually convince yourself.

Chicago pimps wear gators. SA doesn't make real alligator shoes.
Checkout the gators on your homeboy from Chicago
Bishop Don Juan wouldn't be caught dead wear SA
post #41 of 54
Stacys as they used to be....c 1930s and in kangaroo no less!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=290316960451
post #42 of 54

Try these:

http://www.blair.com/catalog/product...CategoryId=205

I have pairs in both black and brown. For the money, they look and wear swell.

post #43 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
Stacys as they used to be....c 1930s and in kangaroo no less!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=290316960451

The good thing about SA is that they still make this model, though not in this skin.

It is called the Madison. Here it is in black.

SA's contemporary styles are not for this forum, but the Madison is simply one very old model that they never stopped making. The last is long and elegant, just as shoes were a century ago. Allen-Edmonds looks clunky in comparison.

SA shoes used to be made in the US, but are now made in India. Not sure what this has done to the quality, if anything.

But the SA Madisons from a decade ago, such as I have, take polish well and wear well too.
post #44 of 54
SA 'Madison Boot is a nice looking boot.
Can't beat the price too.

Question:
Who sells SA in Toronto, Canada?
Locations please? (especially downtown)
post #45 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath View Post

Try these:


http://www.blair.com/catalog/product...CategoryId=205

I have pairs in both black and brown. For the money, they look and wear swell.



Those shoes are from Botany 500.

Botany 500? They're still around? I'm from Canada so I wouldn't know too much about Botany 500 . . . but . . . what I do know about Botany 500 is that they supplied Bob Barker's Price Is Right wardrobe and they also supplied Lyle Waggoner's wardrobe for his role as Col. Steve Trever on the Wonder Woman TV series. (I always read the credits whether it be a TV show or a movie.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are STACY ADAMS shoes good or poor quality?