• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glee

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else watch this show last night? I thought it was hiliarious. [For some reason, the Washington Post described it as a drama in their review.]

Plus, you can sing along to it.

I'm sure the fact that I liked it so much and it will now have something like 4 months off before returning in the fall is guaranteed to get it cancelled after about 5 episodes.

b

Liam

Reaction score
Never saw it, will check to see if it was downloaded online and check it out.

allreds

Reaction score
I wanted to think it was stupid, but I loved it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
One of the guys from Loden Dager is the costume/style consultant for it.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fox always seems to have these critically acclaimed idiosyncratic shows that get cancelled--Arrested Development, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, etc.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
It has potential... but its on fox so (as has already been mentioned) we'll all be buying the 2 disc complete series in 8 months.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I notice that this is a Ryan Murphy project. Ryan Murphy did one of my favorite TV shows, Popular[/I, a surrealist campy "teen" show back in 2000. His stuff always has a certain style.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Connie didn't start this thread; this show is totally in his wheelhouse.

Originally Posted by rdawson808

I'm sure the fact that I liked it so much and it will now have something like 4 months off before returning in the fall is guaranteed to get it cancelled after about 5 episodes.

I swore I'd never watch another FOX show after the way *********** over Reunion, but damnit, that Jouney song at the end just gave me goosebumps and pulled me back in. I was all excited to watch the next episode, only to learn about FOX's strange schedule for this show.

I don't understand why they'd air that first episode, but then not air the next episodes a few months from now?

My only quibble was with the nose of the actress who played the Tracy Flick soprano. Its such a shame- she's such a pretty girl, but that honker...

Hobbs

Reaction score
It's free to download on iTunes at the moment.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Um, that redhead is off the charts hot. I remember her from Heroes; by far the best-looking character on that show even if it was only for 1 or 2 eps.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I caught the original pilot episode only last week and was intrigued enough to watch it again last night.

The show is often very good but the inconsistency is infuriating. A few of the characters (the OCD counselor and particularly the cheerleading coach) are outstanding, but others are so flat and one-dimensional (the wooden QB, the awful wife) that it makes for very uneven viewing. It has the feeling of a character-driven show where only half the characters are doing the driving.

Still, a few genuinely laugh-out-loud moments...

The songs in the original episode were much better than last night's, which had a few cringe-worthy ones. The dubbing seemed more over the top and therefore distracting last night too.

Still, I'll probably try to watch when I can... I don't watch anything religiously. I wonder how long they'll be able to keep the plot lines running, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads