or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › This interior is amazing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This interior is amazing

post #1 of 79
Thread Starter 
I'm the furthest thing from a dash-stroker, but this makes my pants tight.



The new Z4.
post #2 of 79
It's nice but isn't fantastic.
post #3 of 79
VW Iroc:



VW Nardo (1997):

post #4 of 79
Nice...
post #5 of 79
What about this?
post #6 of 79
Also this is cool, but wtf happens when the lcds break or someone accidentially smashes them in midflight???

post #7 of 79
I bet no one notices the buick's speedometer is actually projected onto the windshield
post #8 of 79
Thread Starter 
First of all, this thread was to discuss the beauty of the new Z4's interior. I'm not sure why you guys decided to post a butt-ugly Buick interior or a pair of concept VW interiors...
post #9 of 79
post #10 of 79
lol i'm sorry but that wacky thing with two horn buttons (wtf??) looks like a sex toy
post #11 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated Tuna View Post
I bet no one notices the buick's speedometer is actually projected onto the windshield

Navigation is probably also displayed on there. It's called HUD(heads up display) and the technology is really old actually, its also offered by many car manufacturers. That interior and it's buttons are overkill in that Buick.

The Z4 interior is pretty nice although i've never been a fan of the aluminum Bmw uses. I prefer their piano black trim.
post #12 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicewithit View Post
Navigation is probably also displayed on there. It's called HUD(heads up display) and the technology is really old actually, its also offered by many car manufacturers. That interior and it's buttons are overkill in that Buick.

The Z4 interior is pretty nice although i've never been a fan of the aluminum Bmw uses. I prefer their piano black trim.

I knew they have HUDs on aircraft, but not cars, wow.... How can they see the navigation clearly in the sun (glare etc.) and all the activity in front of them?
post #13 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated Tuna View Post
I knew they have HUDs on aircraft, but not cars, wow.... How can they see the navigation clearly in the sun (glare etc.) and all the activity in front of them?
BMW has had HUD available for several years.
post #14 of 79
Thread Starter 
HUD is garbage and the novelty wears off after 5 minutes.
post #15 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberated Tuna View Post
I knew they have HUDs on aircraft, but not cars, wow.... How can they see the navigation clearly in the sun (glare etc.) and all the activity in front of them?

Well, it usually doesn't display the whole navigation map. Rather it shows the direction you need to turn, the street name and distance to that next street. It works fine in the sun but wearing polarized sunglasses makes the HUD completely invisible. Also the HUD is displayed at the lower part of the windshield so you actually look down a little to see it so it does not get in the way of what's going on in front.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › This interior is amazing