or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › New Moon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Moon - Page 6

post #76 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosz View Post
A compilation of (primarily) terrible, bland beardo indie, yes.

Cat Power and Spoon are the only acts across two CDs who don't suck. And that's being generous to Cat Power (brilliant up to and including I Am Free, then she sobered up or whatever happened)

Guess your standards are higher than mine. I put Bon Iver, Arcade Fire, The National, Grizzly Bear, Iron & Wine, My Morning Jacket, The New Pornographers, and Beirut firmly in the do-not-suck category, to name a few.
post #77 of 97
I'm sure you do.
post #78 of 97
I will never understand the twilight phenomenon.
Some stupis emo-faggot-vampire in a teenage romantic movie. This shit lack of imagination, interest and everything basically. Stupid people who read or watch this shit!
post #79 of 97
Twilight's appeal to women is the same as MMA's appeal to men: imposing themselves into a stereotype and believing themselves to match those ideals. This fabricated dreamworld is more pleasing than reality, and this removal from reality is most likely responsible for the large incongruence between the ideals in Twilight and the actuality of its audience.
post #80 of 97
Taylor Lautner got insanely jacked. I'm totes jealz.
post #81 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Twilight's appeal to women is the same as MMA's appeal to men: imposing themselves into a stereotype and believing themselves to match those ideals. This fabricated dreamworld is more pleasing than reality, and this removal from reality is most likely responsible for the large incongruence between the ideals in Twilight and the actuality of its audience.

The "women" Twilight appeals to are nubile, lithe, pure-as-the-driven-snow tweens. Not like those horrid obese cat ladies that read romance novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tor View Post
Taylor Lautner got insanely jacked. I'm totes jealz.

Srsly. I thought he was a CGI creation. That's just insane.
post #82 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post
The "women" Twilight appeals to are nubile, lithe, pure-as-the-driven-snow tweens. Not like those horrid obese cat ladies that read romance novels.

Methinks 'tis both sir.
post #83 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post
Srsly. I thought he was a CGI creation. That's just insane.

And I liked how his wardrobe consisted entirely of jorts and abs.

No homo...actually, I'm ok with it being a little gay.
post #84 of 97
Thread Starter 
^ Dude....the guy isn't even eighteen yet.
post #85 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
^ Dude....the guy isn't even eighteen yet.

post #86 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
^ Dude....the guy isn't even eighteen yet.

Hey Neo, what have you to say about this?

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/19...is-a-cult.html

Can you still love Miley even if she hates Twilight?
post #87 of 97
Thread Starter 
^ I read about that the other day. I won't say it didn't disappoint me considering Hannah has a crush on Rob in her show. But it's still nice to know her opinion on the franchise. In all honesty, I was more upset with this:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #88 of 97
I find her speaking voice and demeanor surprisingly unpleasant, and am saddened that she is a certified Joplin-scale tard to boot.
post #89 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post
I find her speaking voice and demeanor surprisingly unpleasant, and am saddened that she is a certified Joplin-scale tard to boot.
She is a hick like yourself. What did you expect my dear boy?
post #90 of 97
Can't believe that werewolf guy is a heart throb. His head looks like misshapen clay and he has douchebag eyes. They had a life sized sticker of him on the front door of the local burger king. I turned the corner and he was staring right at me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › New Moon