or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Corthay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corthay - Page 16

post #226 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2002 View Post

Got my Arca. Thanks for frill for suggesting the color, I am Happy with how it came out smile.gif




Fantastic!!! Enjoy wearing those beauties!!!
post #227 of 237
I MAY have gotten a couple of new Arcas in the last few months...

6d21c6a3019c6966ae52994a29b7cd67.jpg

536ea824b7241e2f5a4268a9a05b012d.jpg
post #228 of 237
Love the first ones..

Eggplant???
post #229 of 237

The red suede + yellow piping is amazing. I just got grey suede arcas, and am waiting for the salt to disappear from the NYC sidewalks before venturing out with them. 

post #230 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by qubed View Post

The red suede + yellow piping is amazing. I just got grey suede arcas, and am waiting for the salt to disappear from the NYC sidewalks before venturing out with them. 

Salt is a killer...nod[1].gif
post #231 of 237
Thanks frill, and nice pair of Arca especially the blue. What is that patina called? I am thinking of similar color for a Casanova, thoughts?
post #232 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd2002 View Post

Thanks frill, and nice pair of Arca especially the blue. What is that patina called? I am thinking of similar color for a Casanova, thoughts?

The blue Arcas are "bleu fonce."

My Casanovas are in bergeronette (a brown close to caramel), but the sculpted surfaces of the shoe allow for creative application of burnishing/shades of patination. These were my first Corthays, and they look just as good today as when I got them close to three years ago.

52de57a961a7137acb9acb58b3e9a3e2.jpg
post #233 of 237
Bleu fonce is nice..
post #234 of 237
Just to check, what's the typical damage for a pair of corthay?
post #235 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3r0m3 View Post

Just to check, what's the typical damage for a pair of corthay?

Where are you located? Noticed that there is a pretty big fluctuation in costs from EU to US on Corthay.
post #236 of 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post


Where are you located? Noticed that there is a pretty big fluctuation in costs from EU to US on Corthay.

 

No kidding. It's something like $1500-1700 + tax in the USA depending on the model, and if I recall correctly around 1200-1400€ when in Paris (including VAT).  

post #237 of 237
I think the prices are pretty similar. In corthay Dubai store it is around 1500-2000$ depending on the model, but there is no sales tax here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Corthay