or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Corthay
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corthay - Page 8

post #106 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


they do quite a few different models...probably a half a dozen RTW? These are the Arcas...pretty much their flagship shoe. If you get a chance..check out the Satans. I REALLY want to get my feet in a pair soon.

 

Responding to this a few months late, but hopefully not too late.

 

My Satans in the wild, here in this pic.  Bam.

 

 

post #107 of 223
^Beautiful. Though, are they big? Seems as though theres a gap in your left ankle.
post #108 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^Beautiful. Though, are they big? Seems as though theres a gap in your left ankle.

 

I wear a 9 and it's just slightly big.  8.5s are a no go.  I guess I have to go bespoke..................!

post #109 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

Responding to this a few months late, but hopefully not too late.

My Satans in the wild, here in this pic.  Bam.



that's a great looking suit/shirt/tie combo
post #110 of 223
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

I wear a 9 and it's just slightly big.  8.5s are a no go.  I guess I have to go bespoke..................!
or Corthay lasts just don't work for you.
post #111 of 223
no frills - love the look, just agree with everyone else on the fit.
post #112 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

no frills - love the look, just agree with everyone else on the fit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

or Corthay lasts just don't work for you.

 

Thanks, guys. My feet are somewhat unevenly sized, several shoemakers have told me that.  Corthay lasts probably aren't the best, but then again I encounter that "it doesn't quite fit right on the left (or right) foot" with AE, G&G, EG, Alden.  C'est la vie...

post #113 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

that's a great looking suit/shirt/tie combo

 

Almost missed this - thanks much!

post #114 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post


Thanks, guys. My feet are somewhat unevenly sized, several shoemakers have told me that.  Corthay lasts probably aren't the best, but then again I encounter that "it doesn't quite fit right on the left (or right) foot" with AE, G&G, EG, Alden.  C'est la vie...

Corthay is probably the slimmest RTW shoe out there, so if you're uneven and slightly wide, you're going to have a problem. I'm surprised that the British makers aren't better for you.
post #115 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by usctrojans31 View Post

Corthay is probably the slimmest RTW shoe out there, so if you're uneven and slightly wide, you're going to have a problem. I'm surprised that the British makers aren't better for you.

 

Some shoes fit better than others - but since I haven't gone bespoke for shoes all of my RTW pairs have some little quirks that I feel, especially after a long day wearing them.  If I had to rank them in order of comfort, I've got to say my EGs are at the top.

post #116 of 223
My first French pair of shoes.
Probably not my last.
God I am happy.





post #117 of 223
Very nice
post #118 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Very nice

 

Congrats on the Arca too, Lucomaremio.  Clearly I appreciate your sense of style.  Here is my Arca, in lie de vin:

 

 

 

Namor.... are you, by any chance... kabayan...?

post #119 of 223
I want more Corthay in my life.
post #120 of 223
Satans pictured above are amazing. I agree though they fit like shit in the pic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Corthay