or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Best Suit Ever. See It Here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Best Suit Ever. See It Here. - Page 18

post #256 of 284
Despite being minimal ,they're actually always vandalized in some ways or another..They're disguting with the floor smeared all over the place and most of the time ,you will not set a foot in them because of the stench...
Why? Because they tend to be unattented ,especially on motorway services, and some people are just plain stupid...
I work for a big transport company and every time you do have delays , the toilets are vandalized by people by forcing toilet paper rolls down , breaking the toilet seat and so on..
Human nature for you...
post #257 of 284
post #258 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
The Greeks call them Turkish toilets. I have always assumed the Turks call them Greek toilets, sort of the reverse of their coffee labeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Well, such toilets are a bit spartan.

- B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post
I find them often vandalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
There is nothing to vandalize in such toilets...They're very minimal and easy to maintain and clean..
They're slowly disappearing because people tend to find them rightly repulsive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
It seems that joke met a Gaulish end.



So why are they always filthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
Despite being minimal ,they're actually always vandalized in some ways or another..They're disguting with the floor smeared all over the place and most of the time ,you will not set a foot in them because of the stench...
Why? Because they tend to be unattented ,especially on motorway services, and some people are just plain stupid...
I work for a big transport company and every time you do have delays , the toilets are vandalized by people by forcing toilet paper rolls down , breaking the toilet seat and so on..
Human nature for you...




How did a thread about suits get here?

Oh, fuck it, what the hell... the only time in my life I have ever seen one of these was in Paris, at a train station, and unfortunately I was in desperate straits and needed to actually use it. It was an odd experience. Reminded me of that scene in the original Star Wars at the very end when Luke needed to shoot that torpedo into that small opening which destroyed the Death Star.
post #259 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv3 View Post
Vox: I am curious, what about that skirt suit is appealing to you? (if that is you in the pic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
That's a good question. I don't dress that way at home, but when I visit the big city, I just find an eyepatch and a long, tight skirt both comfortable and practical.

Comfort? Stereoscopic vision in Manhattan is overrated. The city's charm snap into sharp relief in 2D.

Practicality? NYC public restrooms (some featured in WAYWRN) can be rather vile. I cannot overstate the advantage of being able to hike up and then hover after a big meal at Le Bernardin...with the new electronic activation technology, a completely touchless experience is possible.

For the latter to work, however, leave your tie-back Brooks Brothers boxers at home.

Note: this post written during martini #1, but before the steak and eggs (chicken) arrive.

- B

dv3, that is not vox -- he is, so to speak, taking the piss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Well, such toilets are a bit spartan.

- B

Why are you repeating yourself? You don't think they got "laconic"?
post #260 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg1 View Post
Why are you repeating yourself? You don't think they got "laconic"?

Men of few words require few laws.


- B
post #261 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
breaking the toilet seat and so on..
Human nature for you...

What toilet seat? The Turks do not require these.
post #262 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg1 View Post
dv3, that is not vox -- he is, so to speak, taking the piss.

post #263 of 284
post #264 of 284
Nice one. Delon looked great in this.
post #265 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Elegant.

I must say though, that I firmly believe if someone were to post this picture in WAYWRN, there'd be a dozen successive posts with a central theme, "would look far better if you had those trousers slimmed up IMO..."

No, they'd have been too busy criticising him for wearing the suit to the zoo to pay any attention to the clothing. And then they'd have gone back to their great lifestyles, food shots, wife-beaters and blurry cityscapes which is obviously what WAYWRN is so about.

I like that one-button. It may be time for a visit to the tailor. Speaking of which, I just had a half-dozen pairs of pants hemmed with cuffs, and with nary a break. You should have seen the look on the tailor's face as he uttered 'that's not how I would have it done myself, sir', jaw atremble with hope that I would change my mind.
post #266 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJE View Post
Speaking of which, I just had a half-dozen pairs of pants hemmed with cuffs, and with nary a break. You should have seen the look on the tailor's face as he uttered 'that's not how I would have it done myself, sir', jaw atremble with hope that I would change my mind.

Well done.

- B
post #267 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Nice one. Delon looked great in this.
He looked great in a lot of things. One of the last style icons.
post #268 of 284
Alain Delon was a great actor...Rocco et ses freres, Plein soleil ,Le samourai,Le guepard ,Les granges brulees,Borsalino and so on..
A great looking man with most of the time great looking clothes...
post #269 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post
He looked great in a lot of things. One of the last style icons.

I wonder if he's still considered a style icon in France given his support/sympathy for Le Pen.

But yes, in his day, a great style icon.
post #270 of 284
The original Rolling Stone
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Best Suit Ever. See It Here.