or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › BlazerSuit: The Final Chapter
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BlazerSuit: The Final Chapter

post #1 of 64
Thread Starter 
This shall be the last one.

Tip Top linen, $15 per yard, so it must be crap that no true dandy wanted. Irish linen, 60" goods, probably 11 ounces, but I can't be certain. As ever, SB notch, 3 roll 2, side vents, 3 open patch, swelled edges. Except this time unlined, with smoked MoP buttons.

Now I am ready for any clime, any milieu, any occasion. Nothing can stop me, save my own indolence and stupidity! Excelsior!

Pseudo CBD:



Jacket only, with spring light gray flannels:



Inside:

post #2 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
This shall be the last one.
They always say that, but we all know you'll drag this out to the end with some awful sequel with Mario van Peebles and a TV series starring Adrian Paul.
post #3 of 64
...
post #4 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC4President View Post
What kind of buttons are on the blazer? Mother of pearl? Did you get those in NYC?

Yes, smoked MoP, the tailor sourced them himself.
post #5 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Yes, smoked MoP, the tailor sourced them himself.

Very nice buttons. I went all over NYC this past weekend looking for buttons like that. Could not find any. Even M&J didnt have any.
post #6 of 64
Thread Starter 
I can ask him the maker, if you like.
post #7 of 64
Perhaps a dumb question, but can this concept work with a DB blazer as opposed to SB?
post #8 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eg1 View Post
Perhaps a dumb question, but can this concept work with a DB blazer as opposed to SB?

I think it could.

In fact, I may have spoken too soon when I said this was the last one. My length of Minnis 0520 may get turned into a DB BlazerSuit.

RJ was right!!!!!
post #9 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I can ask him the maker, if you like.

If you would not mind... i would really appreciate it. Thanks very much.
post #10 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I think it could.

In fact, I may have spoken too soon when I said this was the last one. My length of Minnis 0520 may get turned into a DB BlazerSuit.

RJ was right!!!!!
post #11 of 64
Manton, can you please show us how you can detach your buttons to swap them out for something else, when the occasion dictates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
My length of Minnis 0520 may get turned into a DB BlazerSuit.

I've got an appointment in a few weeks to have my own BlazerSuit done in Minnis 0520. I truly appreciate the idea.
post #12 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbromer View Post
Manton, can you please show us how you can detach your buttons to swap them out for something else, when the occasion dictates?
I lacked the imagination to think of such a thing. I just got three of these to cover virtually any weather or formality situation I could conceivably find myself in, at least most of the time.
post #13 of 64
love the lapels, love the roll, find the jacket a bit too long and full in the skirt, for my taste.

Actually working on my own version of this
post #14 of 64
might be some image dimension-tingny, but it look very long
However, the buttons and the pocket are nice.
post #15 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbromer View Post
I've got an appointment in a few weeks to have my own BlazerSuit done in Minnis 0520. I truly appreciate the idea.

Ooh! Oooh! Who with?

Please let it not be a Mystery.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › BlazerSuit: The Final Chapter