• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sons of anarchy

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
henry rollins will be in six episodes of the second season.

i never got through the first season.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Guilty pleasure of mine. Wife can't stand it. I love it, if for no other reason than to see Peg Bundy say, "Smells like *****."

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Guilty pleasure of mine. Wife can't stand it. I love it, if for no other reason than to see Peg Bundy say, "Smells like *****."
I am at half mast. Must see this show.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

I know you like a good "social" cop drama (think the wire), is sons merely a guilty pleasure or does it has some redeeming qualities beside the ***** comments? So far I quite like it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I know you like a good "social" cop drama (think the wire), is sons merely a guilty pleasure or does it has some redeeming qualities beside the ***** comments? So far I quite like it.

Hmm. IMO, guilty pleasure. Not totally devoid of social commentary, but it's certainly not a show that functions on multiple levels. In fact, I think the motif of the father's diaries is kind of hokey and been done (better) many times before.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched a few episodes but lost interest.

It would be so much better if the show revolved around Ron Pearlman instead of Katey Sagal's son.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Hmm. IMO, guilty pleasure. Not totally devoid of social commentary, but it's certainly not a show that functions on multiple levels. In fact, I think the motif of the father's diaries is kind of hokey and been done (better) many times before.

Is "the shield" better? I wanna watch some good cop TV show and I only trust the Americans or HKese to do those.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Is "the shield" better? I wanna watch some good cop TV show and I only trust the Americans or HKese to do those.

The Shield has some good years and some off years. But all in all, far more intense and compelling. Also had various threads on some heavy social issues going. It's also worth watching just to see how over the top Micheal Chiklis was. Vick Mackey was one of the greatest cop characters of all time.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
The Shield has some good years and some off years. But all in all, far more intense and compelling. Also had various threads on some heavy social issues going. It's also worth watching just to see how over the top Micheal Chiklis was. Vick Mackey was one of the greatest cop characters of all time.

We should start a TV series recommendation thread, I don't watch a lot but American television has been killing it in recent years with smart, multi-layered shows.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We should start a TV series recommendation thread, I don't watch a lot but American television has been killing it in recent years with smart, multi-layered shows.

Yeah, I didn't come to the Shield until it was in it's third season, and I only caught The Wire from reading about it here. I don't watch more than 2-4 hours of non-news TV in a week, so I miss out if I don't hear about it from others.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't come to the Shield until it was in it's third season, and I only caught The Wire from reading about it here. I don't watch more than 2-4 hours of non-news TV in a week, so I miss out if I don't hear about it from others.

I don't have TV so I only watch when rl or e-friends recommend something (was the case for sons of anarchy). Since most of my watching time is dedicated to movies that doesn't leave much time for TV but I have my phases and I think I'm starting one.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't have TV so I only watch when rl or e-friends recommend something (was the case for sons of anarchy). Since most of my watching time is dedicated to movies that doesn't leave much time for TV but I have my phases and I think I'm starting one.

Check out some of the TV coming out of Britain. The BBC has some shows that put the U.S. programming to shame.

Mauby

Reaction score
I finally watched the first season, and have since caught up to the present episode. Season 2 is pretty good, though I think they could've skipped the ****.

k9n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
I finally watched the first season, and have since caught up to the present episode. Season 2 is pretty good, though I think they could've skipped the ****.

They use the **** to reunite Sam-Cro

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads