- Traditional bavarian: Weisses BrÃ¤uhaus, Im Tal (close to Marienplatz/HofbrÃ¤uhaus), or Augustinger Keller (the best, on Landsberger Strasse next to S-Bahn stop HackerbrÃ¼cke)
- great atmoshperic Afghan, a personal favorite: Chopan, Elvirastrasse (north-west of the center, close to Nymphenburger Strasse)
- good views from the top: Church tower of St.Peter ("Alter Peter"), close to Marienplatz. Or take the subway out to the olympic park, the view from the olympic tower is the best of the city.
- Parks: from the center, take a stroll in the Hofgarten (former palace garden, small and formal), and then continue northward in the Englischer Garten (huge, natural park right in the city).
- Palaces: Residenz on Odeonsplatz (former royal palace right in the centre), Nymphenburg palace (smaller palace, large nice park, about 10 minutes by subway).
- If you love cars, the BMW world and museum is a must.
- Hirmer is Europe's largest store for menswear. Lots of classic style, expensive but not excessive, these days some jeans/streetwear too. In Kaufingerstrasse (the main shopping street in the center off Marienplatz)
Suggestion for a day:
Take a stroll around the centre. Shopping in Neuhauser and Kaufinger Strasse, Sights on Marienplatz and Odeonsplatz, drink at HofbrÃ¤uhaus, Food at Weisses Brauhaus. All within easy walking distance. To relax, walk in Hofgarten and Englischer Garten parks.
Then take the subway to the olympic area - visit BMW museum, go up the olympic tower for the view, take a walk in the park.
In the evening, another subway ride to Nymphenburg palace and park, and dinner the the Chopan restaurant.
A rather packed, but perfect day in Munich.