• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Contest

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my womens sales are stinky. It's very upsetting to me on one hand but on the other hand it's refreshing that men in general are stepping up their game.

what's a good way to boost my women's sales?

I propose who ever comes up with the best idea will get an item of clothing from me.
WHAT EVER THEY WANT.
As long as I carry it and or can order it.

If you choose a referral system you have to be specific. I have already thought of a referral system and it's not really working.
IF I can clean up my womens biz "WE "( meaning my customers and I ) will be in good shape and I can focus more of my efforts towards mens which will give you guys better options.

Please discuss.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
word of mouth goes a long way.
back when the 'shopping cart' was invented, it was a complete failure. people didn't want to come across as being 'weak' by pushing a cart instead of carrying around their groceries like everyone else.
the inventor, sylvan goldman, simply hired fake shoppers to use the shopping carts. people quickly realized there was nothing wrong with pushing a cart around, and the dude became super rich.

I think the same idea can be applied here. Get a bunch of people to wear the womens stuff, rave about how awesome it is, and people will quickly realize it's what they want. then they'll realize you're the guy to get it from. I think almost everybody on here has looked into a brand and possibly made a purchase because of something they saw someone else wearing.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dibadiba
word of mouth goes a long way.
I think the term you're looking for is "astroturfing."

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Free mustache rides...
blush.gif

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally companies offer large discounts or free items but I can see that you've been already doing that to no avail. Maybe it is possible that you just don't have a large enough demand for women's fashion in the area. Or is it possible that you have to much competition in the area for women's fashion?

You could also try what supermarkets do to increase sales. Offer basic or lower priced items for super low prices hoping to lure people into your shop to see other items (which are not deeply discounted) that they like and will buy.

Sounds like you just need to build up a base of regular customers

mr bunbury

Reaction score
you should do an in-store 'shop with your friends' promotion for women's. 1 shopper - 10% off - 2 shoppers - 20% off - 3 shoppers - 30% off. get them in in groups! you probably need to expand your women's client base, get more people in the door. if three people come in and they all buy one thing, they get 30% off, seems like a great deal to me, and it would create repeat customers.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women only dress to impress their friends. Ironically, they are also heavily influenced by their friends and others.

I would suggest showing pics of your jeans on celebrities so they can dress like Britney, etc. and advertise it as such.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd take that "check my style" thing to the next level. Make it a standalone site, get photographers (these could be SF members/customers; I'd be happy to shoot Chicago for you) in multiple cities shooting high-quality photos of well-dressed people on the street, and throw some Farinelli's branding on it. I guess it could be like the Sartorialist, but have a lot more women on it, and you could focus on cities like DC, Chicago, LA, & SF rather than Milan, NYC, Stockholm, etc. and showcase people wearing brands that you carry, or even just styles that would appeal to your target customers. Get publicity for it on local fashion blogs in the cities you want to target.

I guess it seems obvious, but it could increase awareness of higher-end fashion for a lot of women who usually just settle for whatever is at local department stores.

Kique

Reaction score
Maybe try doing something similar to Esquire's Best Dressed Man Contest, it might help get your name out there. Whether the participants need to be wearing something from your shop is up to you, just a thought.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you try doing something like a point system where whenever someone buys something they get a certain amount of points. These points will go up to a certain point where they will recieve a free or discounted item. Jamba Juice does this with little stamp cards so whenever you buy ten smoothies you get 1 free one or something.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
great ideas.
The store is new. I didn't bring my Denim bar customers with me. I think my location is great ( so everyone says). I think with the economy and the fact that DC is uber-conservative doesn't help either.
I am less than two miles outside of georgetown and two blocks from the metro.
The DC people won't leave teh city. It's so funny. DC is NOT NYC but the attitude is worse. I don't get it.
Keep up the good ideas.
Best,
mauro

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Simple. Ad space on Perez Hilton's blog.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ great idea really. However the cost for that is probably CRAZY!

tiger- I don't think you want to do that with some of the customers I have....lol
In theory it's a good idea.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, are Flat Head jawns something you could order? Because if so, I swear to god I will do nothing but poast marketing ideas until you are the sole supplier of clothes to all the women in teh world, bwahaha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads