or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › In Praise of Trickers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In Praise of Trickers - Page 17

post #241 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post


Shoehealer commission some fantastic versions of various Tricker models and The Bureau do some great specials. I've been trying to source some boots they did a while back Trickers Herman Mogano Shell they were just the bollox. I think Pengranger had a pair IIRC.

Also Tres Bien Shop, Present London, Hip Leeds, Nitty Gritty, etc.etc. in Uk and Northern Europe many shops make collaborations.

That Tricker's Herman was part of the "Cordovan Collection - Special Edition" made in 2008/2009 with Japanese cordovan tanned in Italy by Comipel in 12 colours.
The idea of the collecton was of comipel and Italian distributor.
Nice Shoes.

I do not know if they are still produced, ask Tricker's.
Edited by alexSF - 8/25/11 at 10:25am
post #242 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post


Shoehealer commission some fantastic versions of various Tricker models and The Bureau do some great specials. I've been trying to source some boots they did a while back Trickers Herman Mogano Shell they were just the bollox. I think Pengranger had a pair IIRC.

I remember these, didn't he get them from the factory store as well?
post #243 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post


Beware of Tricker's shell cordovan, I had a pair. They source their material from the Italian firm Comipel and their cordovan was horrible stuff when compared to Horween's. Metallic odour, less oily shine and water caused welts quickly and they staid no matter what I tried. Not worth it.

I've wondered about that. I find it slightly worrying that Tricker's aren't using Horween as Alfred Sargent and Crockett & Jones do. Is this simply cost cutting, or do they lack access to the good stuff?
post #244 of 252
The peculiarity of that collection was essentially the colours, some of which very unusual, purple, orange etc.

Probably they should use also Horween Shell on request for MTO
post #245 of 252
rabiesinfrance: some time ago I emailed Richard at SH about it, and Tricker's won't use Horween -- even on MTO pairs. This might have changed since. I'm sure this is mostly about cutting costs, though Comipel has a wide range of colours. Even green.

www.comipel.it
post #246 of 252
They do 'bespoke' shoes - really MTO, not true bespoke. That would be £700 or so. I wouldn't pay that for a shoe made in that type of shell. The price would probably be more, in fact. I think you're on safer ground with other makers.
post #247 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance View Post

They do 'bespoke' shoes - really MTO, not true bespoke. That would be £700 or so. I wouldn't pay that for a shoe made in that type of shell. The price would probably be more, in fact. I think you're on safer ground with other makers.

Trickers also make bespoke shoes where they measure your feet aside from MTO where you design the shoe.

http://manufactureandindustry.blogspot.com/2010/01/trickers-bespoke-shoes.html
post #248 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post


Beware of Tricker's shell cordovan, I had a pair. They source their material from the Italian firm Comipel and their cordovan was horrible stuff when compared to Horween's. Metallic odour, less oily shine and water caused welts quickly and they staid no matter what I tried. Not worth it.

Just shattered all my desires !! confused.gifsmile.gif
post #249 of 252
^Sorry about that, though I'd still like to think that this info saved you from a hefty amount of trouble, money and grief.
post #250 of 252

Is that Comipel cordovan a real shell cordovan made of horse butt? .. like Horween's ? I have doubts about it.

post #251 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance View Post

They do 'bespoke' shoes - really MTO, not true bespoke. That would be £700 or so. I wouldn't pay that for a shoe made in that type of shell. The price would probably be more, in fact. I think you're on safer ground with other makers.


Yes, of course they do make bespoke shoes. You can get measured at Jermyn Street, I'm not sure where else. In this case the shoes will be hand welted not GY. And they also offer a hand-welted possibility with existing lasts. They quoted me approximately £1,000 for a pair of hand welted about 3 years ago. I guess it would be interesting to combine the purchase of a MTO pair which have been hand welted too.

post #252 of 252

For those interested, Trickers just started their summer sale, a lot of goodies in there :)

http://www.trickers.com/sale.html

 

 

Myself, I already own 2 pairs, a Chicago brown suede loafer and the Stow country boot, here a picture of the Stow

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › In Praise of Trickers