Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
In Praise of Trickers - Page 16post #226 of 2578/24/11 at 5:29ampost #227 of 2578/24/11 at 5:30amQuote:Originally Posted by alexSF
This is an exemple of a pair sent to Tricker's in bad and unloved conditions and left with discoloured uppers.
Ridiculous at that price...
Seriously...that's just taking the piss.post #228 of 2578/24/11 at 8:48ampost #229 of 2578/24/11 at 9:26ampost #230 of 2578/24/11 at 4:43pmQuote:
My Keswick cost me GBP 200 ex VAT in January 2009. Now its GBP 280, ex VAT.
I blame the Fed.
Quote:Originally Posted by miurasvQuote:The width fittings are on the large side, however, a fitting 5 would not be sufficient for a G or H width foot. Trickers, however, come in a fitting 6 as well which is wider. Stows and Bourtons only come in fitting 5, however, their twin, the Malton comes in fitting 6 on that same last (4497) in C Shade Gorse with a Commando Sole. If you're interesting in a shoe, the Keswick comes in the same last as the Bourton (4444) in a fitting 6 in C Shade Gorse with a Commando Sole.
If your foot is bordering on an H, I would suggest the 4444 last with a fitting 6 as the 4444 last is Trickers' roomiest last. The boots I posted above are a 4444 last with a fitting 6 as I have FX/G width feet as well. In that case, most people size down half a size because the last is generally half a size oversized.
Unfortunately, if you want any other colour than C Shade Gorse (which is a light shade but not quite Acorn), you will have to go the MTO route.
Thanks for your reply, Marcel. Is C Shade Gorse the orangey colour that I've seen some of the Trickers brogues in? If so this is not to my taste but if not I'd probably get the Keswick shoe with the wide 4444 last you mention with leather sole. If it is the orangey colour then I'll probably get another pair of Sandalwood Polished Binder Church's Graftons in 11 G fit and ask Church's to stretch them a bit before they send them out. I already have the Nevada Calf 11G fit Graftons that aren't quite wide enough and do hurt and aggravate the corns on my little toes.
According to my conversation with David @ ReTrickers,
4497S is the same length and width BUT it is tighter across the instep compare to the 4444 last, so has less volume it feels about 1/4 to 1/2 size smaller.post #231 of 2578/24/11 at 4:48pmpost #232 of 2578/25/11 at 1:17am^^^ Wouldnt harm to give the shoes a good polish though would it? You would have thought that "a bit of pride" would at the very least do that for a customer. Personally i couldnt send back a pair of shoes after having been resoled without giving them a bit of a tickle with cream/polish, maybe thats a touch of OCD.post #233 of 2578/25/11 at 6:39ampost #234 of 2578/25/11 at 6:41ampost #235 of 2578/25/11 at 6:44amQuote:
Nothing secret nor wondrous about their increase in sales its all down to increased sales in the far east particularly Japan seemingly they go nuts for Trickers. So I guess we have to suck up the price increases of a company thats doing well and doesnt need to compete as hard for our hard earned. On the flip side its nice to hear of an English company doing well.post #236 of 2578/25/11 at 6:55ampost #237 of 2578/25/11 at 6:56amQuote:
They do a lot of special edition shoes as well for a variety of brands/stores.post #238 of 2578/25/11 at 7:21ampost #239 of 2578/25/11 at 7:33amQuote:
Shoehealer commission some fantastic versions of various Tricker models and The Bureau do some great specials. I've been trying to source some boots they did a while back Trickers Herman Mogano Shell they were just the bollox. I think Pengranger had a pair IIRC.post #240 of 2578/25/11 at 7:59amQuote:
Beware of Tricker's shell cordovan, I had a pair. They source their material from the Italian firm Comipel and their cordovan was horrible stuff when compared to Horween's. Metallic odour, less oily shine and water caused welts quickly and they staid no matter what I tried. Not worth it.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 23 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 37 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 46 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 52 minutes ago
- › Jacket-pants color combination 55 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 55 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 58 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...