or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Daffy's Incotex
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daffy's Incotex - Page 4

post #46 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post


Check B&S.

There actually isn't that much on B&S, my stock included.

You did clean out 44th though
post #47 of 77
There was a fair selection at the store on Mad & 44th...on Monday. A sales clerk said they had hit the racks only about three days before.

I got a blue pair in a herringbone flannel, a very dark green twill pair with leather trim, and a pair with a brown and tan houndstooth print on denim-style twill. The last pair was cut like a pair of jeans rather than trousers, and had no crease.

Prices were the same as previous years: cottons for 30, wools for 50.

The nice thing this year is that these are not seconds; no labels are cut.
post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post


You did clean out 44th though

unfortunately I did not. someone else got to it first.
post #49 of 77
I found a few pairs over in NJ, the NYC stores I visited were picked clean. Not sure if this was a really small shipment or what. From what I can see very few pairs are here on B&S. Maybe someone is looking to flip on ebay... I have to say this was the fastest I've ever seen them go...
post #50 of 77
NYC stores picked over pretty good. Any quality comments on Giab or John Barret?
post #51 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

NYC stores picked over pretty good. Any quality comments on Giab or John Barret?
I really like the quality on Giabs - especially their wool ones. Saw a few of these in my Daffy's travels and they could/would pass for Incotex easily based on quality and cut.

Also, there are some incotex made pants at the Daffy's stores that are not labeled incotex that I skipped on due to low re-sale interest probably (as they were not my size).
post #52 of 77
Yes, the Giabs are pretty good. Search the racks they have a few pairs for less than ten bucks. I also saw the pants made by incotex but not labeled as such, they have the strip of fabric which have a few asterisks across it. Gonna give my queens store one last try and hopefully something turns up.
post #53 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelWithACause View Post

Yes, the Giabs are pretty good. Search the racks they have a few pairs for less than ten bucks. I also saw the pants made by incotex but not labeled as such, they have the strip of fabric which have a few asterisks across it. Gonna give my queens store one last try and hopefully something turns up.

yes, the one's with the 5 asterisks are incotex, but are not labeled as such, so I did not pick them up to post on B&S.

Some giabs are better quality than some incotex, too bad the forum is not into giabs...
post #54 of 77
Thanks for the feedback. The unbranded Incotex were thin.
post #55 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Thanks for the feedback. The unbranded Incotex were thin.

The asterisks are Incotex made for Zegna; re-sale is pretty good. The branding is actually still there if you know how to read Daffy's tags.
post #56 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsenalDan View Post


The asterisks are Incotex made for Zegna; re-sale is pretty good. The branding is actually still there if you know how to read Daffy's tags.

The branding was on the tag, and hallmarks inside, but most casual buyers on B&S would not have known.
post #57 of 77
***** is Inco for Zegna. I never liked the fit of any of those pants, but the quality is good and the fabrics are usually nice. Still, there are varying degrees of quality of Incotex and many different fits. They're still better, overall, than Mabitex.
post #58 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicguy View Post

***** is Inco for Zegna. I never liked the fit of any of those pants, but the quality is good and the fabrics are usually nice. Still, there are varying degrees of quality of Incotex and many different fits. They're still better, overall, than Mabitex.

the Zegna ***** by Incotex are high quality pants. they fit slightly looser than their Incotex branded bretheren, but same goodness.
post #59 of 77
I agree as to the quality, knew they were Incotex, wish they were partially lined. Definitely a good value
post #60 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I agree as to the quality, knew they were Incotex, wish they were partially lined. Definitely a good value

how are you enjoying the Giabs? Aren't those awesome?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Daffy's Incotex