or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › some of you guys will admire this style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

some of you guys will admire this style - Page 2

post #16 of 37
For centuries , poor nobles have been taking for spouses the daughters of some rich merchants or industrialists to maintain their castles....Redorer le blason...
That was a win win situation..The nouveaux-riches were getting their foot in higher society ,a title "Von or De" and the Nobles were getting their maintenance money to subsidize their way of life..
Nowadays , the glass ceiling have been perforated even further by dodgy characters bringing shame of these lovely little arrangements..
post #17 of 37
The person who initiated this thread is secretly jealous of this individual.
post #18 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by presence View Post
The person who initiated this thread is secretly jealous of this individual.

Im not jealous of him per se but who couldnt fail to be jealous of his posessions especially the one second from the left in the first picture !!!
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
For centuries , poor nobles have been taking for spouses the daughters of some rich merchants or industrialists to maintain their castles....Redorer le blason...
That was a win win situation..The nouveaux-riches were getting their foot in higher society ,a title "Von or De" and the Nobles were getting their maintenance money to subsidize their way of life..
Nowadays , the glass ceiling have been perforated even further by dodgy characters bringing shame of these lovely little arrangements..

If there still was a monarchy, they would, chose someone who is at least not that extensively vomit inducing.
Marie Auguste was working most of her life and had nothing horrendous to maintain btw. she just chose to adopt ZsaZsa's later husband when her own son died and she was in danger of total deplention.

However, you didn't get the irony from my first post or you are an extremely sincere person .
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev777 View Post
Whatever style that guys got seems to attract very nicely endowed women

I don't think it's his style that attracts the women, but rather his bank balance.
post #21 of 37
Another question; what sort of person sells their title like that? Just curious.
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
Another question; what sort of person sells their title like that? Just curious.

A Skint One !!!!
post #23 of 37
If people need money for decent food and to maintain an average stadard of living, not huge amounts of cash to maintain a vast estates and lots of vallets etc., they will sell anything to anyone. As I said the "first generation seller" in this story was Marie Auguste of Anhalt she was over 80 years old when she found herself impoverished. The deal between her and "Prince Frédéric" (the man who adopted the asshole guy) was arranged by the notorious Counsel Weyer, who made millions by sellling titles, both of aristocratic and dimplomatic kind. Counsel Weyer is also an Earl of Yorck, you may guess that he wasn't born as one... The man Marie Auguste adopted was vulgar anyway, so I don't wonder that he adopted that brothel-guy who seems even more vulgar. The real von Anhalt family is of course rather disgusted that those people associated with them.
post #24 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by presence View Post
The person who initiated this thread is secretly jealous of this individual.
I am secretly jealous of everyone. But because you tried to insult me, here's more that I'm jealous of: http://gawker.com/5251103/prince-mar...llery-of-glory
post #25 of 37
If I have to inherite a title , I would have been a Grimaldi...
Living on the Riviera surrounded by the rich and famous will be my dreams..
post #26 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
If I have to inherite a title , I would have been a Grimaldi...
Living on the Riviera surrounded by the rich and famous will be my dreams..

It's not only your dream, I guess...
post #27 of 37
I love it.
post #28 of 37
I always wondered if money could buy class. I guess now I know the answer is no.
post #29 of 37
i love him already
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZON_JR View Post

MUTHAFUCK.. that is some shit GQD can roll with
I wonder how many of these bitches that dude sticks it in. FUCK
lol @ haters




New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › some of you guys will admire this style