or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Confederate Memorial Day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Confederate Memorial Day

post #1 of 94
Thread Starter 
May 10th is Confederate Memorial Day.

Offer a prayer for those who made a sacrafice for their constitutional rights.
post #2 of 94
.... You've outdone yourself Charles!
post #3 of 94


WTF
post #4 of 94
The biggest fail of all time?
post #5 of 94
Only Confederate Memorial Day in North and South Carolina.

Most other states it was April 24th or the 4th Monday in April (occasionally they fall on the same day).
post #6 of 94
What I really want to know is when is it William Tecumsah Sherman Day?
post #7 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
What I really want to know is when is it William Tecumsah Sherman Day?


I am not sure there is a memorial day for war criminals.. I may be wrong though..
post #8 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
I am not sure there is a memorial day for war criminals.. I may be wrong though..

I believe you are wrong, I recall there being quite a few memorials to the treasonous Confederate generals in the South.
post #9 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
What I really want to know is when is it William Tecumsah Sherman Day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
I am not sure there is a memorial day for war criminals.. I may be wrong though..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
I believe you are wrong, I recall there being quite a few memorials to the treasonous Confederate generals in the South.
post #10 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
May 10th is Confederate Memorial Day.

Offer a prayer for those who made a sacrafice for their constitutional rights.

I'm glad they're dead. Now we just need to finish the job. You spelled 'sacrifice' wrong.
post #11 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
I believe you are wrong, I recall there being quite a few memorials to the treasonous Confederate generals in the South.

Men of still greater honor than, say, Ted Kennedy, who will also be memorialized.

Quote:
I am not sure there is a memorial day for war criminals.. I may be wrong though..

We have a FDR memorial in D.C.
post #12 of 94
Feels more like Groundhog Day to me: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=116105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post
I believe you are wrong, I recall there being quite a few memorials to the treasonous Confederate generals in the South.

Treason /= War Crimes
post #13 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Treason /= War Crimes

True. Either way, I wouldn't have complained if the lot of them were hung like the criminals they were.
post #14 of 94
The revisionist bullshit about states' rights is amusing.
post #15 of 94
We are having a Confederate Memorial Day party at my house tonight, but I am telling all of the guests that it is really for mother's day.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Confederate Memorial Day