or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers - Page 4

post #46 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
Really? That sounds nifty

I'm wondering if your "nifty" is dripping wit sarcasm or an actual compliment. haha
post #47 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillin View Post
I'm wondering if your "nifty" is dripping wit sarcasm or an actual compliment. haha

No I mean...tell me more

seems like it would be awfuly convenient to be able to drop a suit off for steaming/pressing at any time. Do other retailers do this (BB?)
post #48 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemic View Post
I have a two in. drop (42" chest) will I fit into one of your suits?

Ok I admit i was just trolling, but seriously whats up with you guys and not selling any slim fitting (athletic cut) suits
post #49 of 171
Thread Starter 
Speaking of letting customers know about something better coming up - right now were are BOGO on Suits, Sportcoats, and Blazers and taking an additional $100 off any purchase of $499 or more. Starting next Wednesday, though, we are changing it up a bit. When you buy a suit at regular price you will get another suit of equal or lesser price for free AND a sportcoat or blazer (equal or lesser price) for free. We are extending the $100 off $499 promotion, too.

Example:
1st Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $795
2nd Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $0
Signature Sportcoat/Blazer (Ticket $595) $0
Ticket Total $2185
Purchase Total $795
$100 off $499 - New Total $695
post #50 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
No I mean...tell me more

seems like it would be awfuly convenient to be able to drop a suit off for steaming/pressing at any time. Do other retailers do this (BB?)

I don't know of any other retailers that do this. It's a free service that we offer to all of our Corporate Card holders.
post #51 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemic View Post
I have a two in. drop (42" chest) will I fit into one of your suits?

Our 42 suits will have a 6" drop, but we have 3 lines of Suit Separates (Business Express, Traveler, and Signature) that would work...you can pair your jacket with any size pant to get the fit you need.
post #52 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillin View Post
Speaking of letting customers know about something better coming up - right now were are BOGO on Suits, Sportcoats, and Blazers and taking an additional $100 off any purchase of $499 or more. Starting next Wednesday, though, we are changing it up a bit. When you buy a suit at regular price you will get another suit of equal or lesser price for free AND a sportcoat or blazer (equal or lesser price) for free. We are extending the $100 off $499 promotion, too.

Example:
1st Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $795
2nd Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $0
Signature Sportcoat/Blazer (Ticket $595) $0
Ticket Total $2185
Purchase Total $795
$100 off $499 - New Total $695

Is this "in stock" only? If I wanted a Exec Platinum (which stores never seem to carry) could I order all these from that line?
post #53 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemic View Post
Ok I admit i was just trolling, but seriously whats up with you guys and not selling any slim fitting (athletic cut) suits

We tend to stay very traditional in our cuts. And, really, we don't have much of a demand for them, honestly. My store is very near a Big Ten university and we do have some athletic guys come in that often don't fit a traditional nested suit. I usually show them the Joseph line (slimmer cut, higher arms, higher button stance, side vents) or get them in suit separates with some good jacket tailoring.
post #54 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillin View Post
Speaking of letting customers know about something better coming up - right now were are BOGO on Suits, Sportcoats, and Blazers and taking an additional $100 off any purchase of $499 or more. Starting next Wednesday, though, we are changing it up a bit. When you buy a suit at regular price you will get another suit of equal or lesser price for free AND a sportcoat or blazer (equal or lesser price) for free. We are extending the $100 off $499 promotion, too.

Example:
1st Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $795
2nd Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $0
Signature Sportcoat/Blazer (Ticket $595) $0
Ticket Total $2185
Purchase Total $795
$100 off $499 - New Total $695

This is a pretty good deal. I remember a few months ago, you had the buy 1 suit and get 2 free. When I stopped by a store on the weekend, the store was packed with customers and very few SA available. I simply checked to see if they had any suits in my size, which typically they don't and they didn't. But it seems like you were definitely moving some inventory.
post #55 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
Is this "in stock" only? If I wanted a Exec Platinum (which stores never seem to carry) could I order all these from that line?

The Signature Platinum line is available only in very select stores. (I was with the company for 6 months before I ever even saw one.) Your local store manager should be able to source some, though, and the same deal would apply. Anything that is ordered during a sale/promotion is honored at the same price as if they were available in-store.
post #56 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion View Post
This is a pretty good deal. I remember a few months ago, you had the buy 1 suit and get 2 free. When I stopped by a store on the weekend, the store was packed with customers and very few SA available. I simply checked to see if they had any suits in my size, which typically they don't and they didn't. But it seems like you were definitely moving some inventory.

We do have a smaller inventory in "fringe" sizes (shorts, extra-longs, above a 48). Any fabric and style that you see in the store, though, can be ordered for you and should arrive in the store within 2 business days if it is available from distribution. May I ask what size you are?
post #57 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillin View Post
Thanks for all your comments! As a customer, I can understand the frustration of the 2-for or 3-for pricing. He was right in saying that he couldn't manipulate the price of your 4th pair...when we have deal pricing (2/3 for) in the system, it only groups items by that multiple, but i do understand your point. (I know when I am at the grocery store if an item is 2/$5, one item is $2.50...unfortunately our pricing system just doesn't work the same.) That being said, I would certainly hope that if you voiced your concerns to the store manager, they would do anything they could to alleviate your frustration.

About your pricing comment: I guess I can see that...my clients tend to shop when they shop without paying a lot of attention to prices. They know they are going to get a good price and I will always let them know (if I do) about something better coming up.

*nit-picky point* The "buy a suit, get a shirt and tie" promotion is actually from S&K, I think. haha
Thanks for your reply.

As I looked around yesterday, I saw for the first time and was impressed by the Trio idea (Jacket with matching pants to be worn as a suit, second pair of coordinating pants for a sportcoat/dress pant look). With most on this board being into higher-end clothing, I doubt many here would go that route. But, I think for the guy who wears a suit to weddings and funerals only and might have one occasion every other year for a sportcoat, this would be a great option.
post #58 of 171
How much do you charge for alterations? I might bite if I can make the suit slim fitting like an RLBL.
post #59 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmillin View Post
Speaking of letting customers know about something better coming up - right now were are BOGO on Suits, Sportcoats, and Blazers and taking an additional $100 off any purchase of $499 or more. Starting next Wednesday, though, we are changing it up a bit. When you buy a suit at regular price you will get another suit of equal or lesser price for free AND a sportcoat or blazer (equal or lesser price) for free. We are extending the $100 off $499 promotion, too.

Example:
1st Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $795
2nd Signature Suit (Ticket $795) $0
Signature Sportcoat/Blazer (Ticket $595) $0
Ticket Total $2185
Purchase Total $795
$100 off $499 - New Total $695

A few months ago, I bought my stepson a Signature suit for $238 (+tax and alterations charges). He seems very happy with it, and at that price I think we got more than fair value. Since JAB is constantly having heavy duty discounts, sales and deals of the sort described above, I can't help thinking that a fellow who just naively walks in and pays full retail (say $795 for a Signature suit) is something of a chump. I know that if I had just paid about $800 for a Signature suit and then a week later saw a deal like that offered, I would feel both mortified and angry. How do you deal with customers like that? Mind you, I'm not knocking JAB. I think shrewdly used, JAB can be a good resource and provide excellent value. I have found the sales staff at my local JAB to be extremely friendly and helpful.

On another note, could you tell us a little more about the Signature Platinum? Does it differ from the Signature Gold only in utilizing fabrics with a higher super number or are there any differences in construction, as well.
post #60 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound35 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

As I looked around yesterday, I saw for the first time and was impressed by the Trio idea (Jacket with matching pants to be worn as a suit, second pair of coordinating pants for a sportcoat/dress pant look). With most on this board being into higher-end clothing, I doubt many here would go that route. But, I think for the guy who wears a suit to weddings and funerals only and might have one occasion every other year for a sportcoat, this would be a great option.

In theory, it's great. We sell it a lot for interviews when college students come in and for the guy that says, "My wife told me to buy a suit. This one has two pants. Perfect."

It is the lowest quality suit that we sell, though, so I don't recommend it very often outside of those cases.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers